Sign in to follow this  
bhainandlal

Persian Bani - Bhai Nand Lal

Re: deen duniya dar kamandey - need translation Posted by: kulbir singh (IP Logged) Date: January 03, 2008 07:01AM
I will try to translate to the best of my ability. I don't have a steek of Bhai Nandlal jee at this time, therefore the translation may not be up to par:

----------
mw nmy Awrym qwby gmzey imXZwin aU ]
Xk ingwhy jW i&zwieS bs bvd drkwir mw ]

----------

The first pankiti means that I cannot sustain or bear the movement of the eyebrows of Siri Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaaj. 'Maa Namay Aaraem taabay' - I cannot bear it. "Ghamza-e-Miyghaan-e.oo" means the Ishaara of his eyes. The word "Ghamza" is used to describe the killer glance of your pyaara. Mirza Ghalib has used this word in one of his shayers as follows:

Yeh paree chehra log kaise hain.
Ghamza-o-Ishwa-o-Adaa Kya hai.

Ghamza means ishaara or communication done through eyebrows. Bhai Nandlal jee is basically saying that when his pyaara i.e. Siri Guru jee looks at him, he can't bear it i.e. he is so much filled in Rass.

The second pankiti means that 'just one glance that is life-filling, is enough for me'. Yak means one, nigaah means glance, jaan-fizaayash means life-giving. Darkaar means enough.

-------
gwih sU&I gwih zwihd gwih klMdr my Svd ]
rMghwey mu^qil& dwrd buqy A~Xwir mw ]

--------

Here Bhai Sahib talks about the spiritual greatness of Guru Sahib. Sufi means a Sufi Faqir. Zaahid means a religious scholar that follows Sharia to the fullest. Kalandar means a spiritual faqir. Ranghaaye is the plural of Rang or colour. Mukhtalif means different.

The whole shayer means that 'O Guru Gobind Singh jee Maharaj, you alone pervade or exist within the Sufi, Zaahid and a Kalandar. These seem like different colours, but in reality you alone are pervading in everyone.

--------
kdr lwly aU bjuz AwiSk ndwnd hyc ks ]
kImqy XwkUq dwnd cSim gOhr bwir mw ]

---------

Kadar means keemat, laal means jewel, Bajuz means without, aashiq means lover. Chasham means eye, gauhar means jewel.

The whole shayer means that the price or kadar of a jewel is not known by anyone other than the aashiq or lover. The price of Vaheguru-roopi jewel is known only by our eye (chasham) that is shedding jewel-roopi tears all the time.

----------
hr n&s goXw bXwdy nrgsy m^mUir aU ]
bwdw hwey SOk my nOSd idly huiSAwir mw]

----------

Har means every, nafas means every moment, goiya means Bhai Nandlal jee, Nargis is a kind of flower, Makhmoor means intoxicated, Bada means liquor or sharaab and here it means the spiritual sharaab of Naam.

The whole shayer I think means that every moment 'Goiya' (Bhai Nandlal jee's poet-name) stays intoxicated in the yaad or remembrance of beautiful flower like Vaheguru. Even though he is intoxicated in the spiritual shauq, still his heart is hoshiyaar or alert in his yaad.

Bhai Sahib's baani is of very high level and my intelligence is very lowly. A lot of mistakes may have been committed. Sangat bakash lave.

Daas,
Kulbir Singh

• Like 2

My ALL time favorite...

Rooh Dar Har Jism Guru Gobind Singh

Noor Dar Har Chashm Guru Gobind Singh

Guru Gobind Singh is the soul in each body, the light in every eye.

• Like 4

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• it's my fault, i should have phrased things a bit better. Basically based on the data he gathered same sex couples are more likely to settle into a routine and are less likely to do things out of said routine (such as cheating, which according to the data he gathered was surprisingly low compared to straight couples). By similar attributes I mean people like them in terms of personality and taste. In straight couples you can usually note a sort of polarity in the way they behave and their personalities.  Again this is based on one study, nothing official or on a large scale really.
    • Overthinking : The art of creating problems that weren't even there."
      Maturity: is learning to walk away from people and situations that threaten your peace of mind, self-respect, values, morals or self worth.
      "Sometimes walking away is the only option. Not because you want to make someone miss you, or realize they took you for granted. But because you finally respect yourself enough to know that you deserve better."   About expectations
      "When you learn to accept instead of expect, you will have fewer disappointments."
    •   "Pause and remember" Forgiving someone does not make you a weak person. Forgiving someone does not mean you have to have that person in your life. Forgiving allows you to release the anger, resentment and hurt. Forgiveness breaks the chains to your past and sets you free." — Jenni Young     "When you are unforgiving and carry animosity, you feed the very soul of conflict that keeps your pain alive. If you suffocate your heart with anger, all your dreams will die. The only way to allow your soul to freely breathe, is to forgive." — Bryant McGill     "Forgive anyone who has caused you pain or harm. Keep in mind that forgiving is not for others. It is for you. Forgiving is not forgetting. It is remembering without anger. It frees up your power, heals your body, mind and spirit. Forgiveness opens up a pathway to a new place of peace where you can persist despite what has happened to you."  Les Brown  
    • 5 Cancer Fighting Foods Backed By Scientific Research by Anthony Gucciardi When we talk about the idea of taking back control in your life, it is absolutely essential that we talk about one of life's most important fundamentals: your health. The truth is, you most certainly can eat your way to optimum health – and it can actually be a very enjoyable (and delicious) experience. Here's 5 cancer fighting foods that are backed by scientific research to start adding into your daily optimum health routine: 1. Tea Enjoying a cup of tea is anything but a chore, and the reality is that plant-based teas can offer some very significant anti-cancer properties. Tea contains a family of natural compounds known as flavonoids, which are the phytonutrients responsible for the beautiful colors we see in fruits and vegetables. But in addition to playing a role in the vivid colorization of produce, flavonoids are also known for their powerful antioxidant effects. In particular, a flavonoid in tea called kaempferol has been pegged to help in the fight against cancer. According to an expansive Harvard University study that studied more than 66,000 women, participants who consumed more kaempferol were found to have the lowest rates of ovarian cancer. 2. Brussels Sprouts Brussels sprouts are the new kale, with various brussels-based recipes and preparation ideas popping up on social media almost daily. This happens to be a very beneficial trend, as eating brussels sprouts and other cruciferous vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, kale, cauliflower) can be an excellent choice in the fight against cancer and your journey towards optimum health. What's interesting about the research here is that scientists were able to identify some inspiring protective properties against both prostate and colon cancers with the consumption of cruciferous vegetables, but the substances required to produce the results may only be released during the cutting or chewing of the vegetables. One study, as reported by WebMD, found that: “In mice grafted with human prostate tumors and then treated with one of these cancer-killing substances, tumors began to shrink to half their size after 31 days.“ The promising results may have to do with the enzyme phenethyl isothiocyanate (PEITC), which is found naturally in cruciferous vegetables. Other studies have examined the antioxidant called sulforaphane, which is also released when you chew up cruciferous vegetables. 3. Turmeric If you haven't already started spicing up your meals with turmeric, now is the time to start. As a member of the ginger family, the turmeric plant has been used in both Indian cuisine and ancient schools of medicine for thousands of years. Now, quite some time later, researchers and nutritionists are finally getting excited about what turmeric can do. One such study that gained recent notoriety in the news cycle focused on the anti-inflammatory effects of curcumin (turmeric's active ingredient) on the body. Published in the Journal of Clinical & Cellular Immunology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston found that curcumin exhibited anti-inflammatory capabilities that could help in the fight against cancer and most other disease. "Most diseases are caused by chronic inflammation that persists over long periods of time," wrote biochemist Bharat B. Aggarwal, PhD, from The University of Texas M. D. Anderson Cancer Center. 4. Black Raspberries Yet another great tasting option, berries have been shown to help in the fight against one of America's most deadly conditions. In particular, black raspberries may be the best bet. It has been found that black raspberries contain a significant amount of phytochemicals known as anthocyanins, which could help to halt or slow the development of premalignant cells. One professor of internal medicine at The Ohio State University College of Medicine has even authored a book titled “Berries and Cancer Prevention” which details all of the ways in which berries wage war against cancer growth. 5. Vitamin D Not a 'food' per se, but vitamin D is such a uniquely important anti-cancer agent that it is a must-have in your arsenal against cancer. The research here is pretty clear, and even the National Cancer Institute has a lengthy page dedicated to vitamin D and its effects. In research surrounding cancer cells and tumors in mice, vitamin D was discovered to potentially slow or prevent the onset of cancer, inhibit cancer cell growth, reduce tumor vessel formation, and more. Addition pieces of literature focused on the association between vitamin D levels and death rates for some cancers. Participants living in areas with a higher amount of sunlight exposure were found to have lower rates of these cancers, which researchers stated could be due to the difference in vitamin D levels. Taking control of your health is more than just important, it's essential to living the life that you deserve to create for yourself. Adding these foods and others into your daily routine can be a step in the right direction towards securing your optimum state of health. Sources: Harvard Gazette Journal of Clinical & Cellular Immunology National Cancer Institute Berries and Cancer Prevention by Gary D. Stoner