Nihungs, Surely They Would Have Had A System Of Unarmed Combat!

I am sure the Nihungs would have had a system of unarmed combat, after all they were warriors and what if someone sneaked up on them or they were wihout shastar or had no time to use a kirpan. And I am sure someone somewhere will know what is it and how effective it is. Please share your thoughts on this topic and lets not argue esepcially since some people start slagging of or approving of Niddar Singh.

I personally don't believe he is the only one with the knowldedge of Shastar Vidya. There are probably others. What about Damdami Taksal?

Ive not heard anyone from Damdami Taksal, state that they teaching Shastar Vidya, as for other people teaching it, yea maybe but none i know of are within the Uk, india is another matter.

Guest RavindaSingh

In terms of martial arts he knows his stuff.... footwork and movement

I think back in the day if in unarmed combat Singhs would have been going straight for the kill as well.

Ive not heard anyone from Damdami Taksal, state that they teaching Shastar Vidya, as for other people teaching it, yea maybe but none i know of are within the Uk, india is another matter.

Taksal is a university ..not a martial arts training centre..when they split with the nihang singhs to protect the art of santhiya they lost much of their battlefield / combat knowledge

All i have to say is Niddar Singh is awesome, but his views are miles away from True Sikhi, like learning from a Monk, you go there for the War Art not the Philosophy

Bhai Gurdas ji Vaars tells us:

vVIAY kjl koTVI muhu kwlK BrIAY]

varreeai kajal kot(h)arree muhu kaalakh bhareeai||

If someone enters a room full of soot his face is sure to be blackened.

In terms of martial arts he knows his stuff.... footwork and movement

I think back in the day if in unarmed combat Singhs would have been going straight for the kill as well.

"Va Khalsa, Va Fateh"

Nidar Singh seems to have his own way of Saying Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa, waheguru Ji ki Fateh lol

Also for someone who does so much Martial arts he has a large tidh