Can We Force Sangat Tv + Sikh Channel To Merge?

Let's say each channel costs 80k a month to operate ... 2 channels = 160k per month ... via petition from the wider Sangat including the people on this forum ... i'd like to see 1 channel that costs the assumed 80k per month ... with the other 80k per month (=£1million a year) used for charitable purposes to help Sikhs and non-Sikhs that need help. I'm sure a lot of people agree with me so how best could we force a merger for the charitable reason alone. If nobody on the planet was hungry or denied an education or access to health then yeah i'm sure 2 channels wouldn't be a bad thing to introduce a bit more of a spectrum of views ... but right now I think there should be one channel ... and only we can pressure and petition to enforce the same.

Yeah i know what u mean Balait da Sher ... but what if we end up with no station anyway due to the viewers not coming up with enough donations ... and is it morally right for us to spend 60k per month on 2 channels (when 30k on a merged channel would be enough) + when the surplus we could use to push the agenda of Sikhi which nine times out of ten translates as charitable assistance to the gareeb

I was thinking the same thing. May be Waheguru has put both channels in the same situation at the same timd so that they can merge.

Also if the panth and different jathebandia have come together on a issue (Rajoana) leaving their differeces aside I'm sure 2 channels who both want to promote Sikh can do the same.

We should have I strong channel instead of 2 with financial problems

I think its fantastic that we have 2 Sikh faith tv channels based in the UK that are seen worldwide its just sad that they have to struggle financially in such a wealthy country. The main reason for me is choice as one minute I can be watching gurbani keertan from Italy then the next I swap channels to watch a live sikhi talk show from Derby. I pray waheguru shows me the day that there is an entire network of Sikh faith channels that are based in every country where there are large Sikh communities and are broadcasting in Punjabi/English and especially the local language. I know times are hard and money is tight and it would make sense to have one channel that has no money worries but then you are reliant on the viewer to wait until a programme comes on which they understand and don't switch over to something else ie grandad won't watch yoga in English and young kid won't watch Punjabi discussion on desi politics. Even with 2 channels I was still frustrated as Sikh Channel was flying around the world Live at such a speed today from India to Derby to Wolverhampton that there was not enough time to view each sufficiently for me as soon as I started enjoying the programme it changed to something else - talk about armchair airmiles!

these channels NEED 2 b in english, FULL STOP! thats y youth r stupid n dumb regarding their knowledge in r religion! Its no coincedence, that Kam singhs youth project show was the highest viewed programme on sikh channel last yr, and wat happened? the <banned word filter activated> channel cudnt handle the "khalistan zindabad" slogans, idiyaaats! so they took it off. im telling u right now, when OLD-arse uncles with long white beards come on the sikh/sangat channels, n bust out old panjabi, ppls brain jus switch off, EVEN my mum too. if ppl like BHAI sukha singh had his own show, he'd be the don of dons, he is wicked. Its a shame gagandip of sikh tv was murdered, coz he was lookin like a genuine leader, thats y his death hit ppl around him hard! He was giving money 2 rajoanas' sister (kamaldeep), before anyone had even heard of her!

Disagree with you on that 11Gurus1Jot Paji.

Let the other mob have their 20 stations each.

Let them waste half a million a month funding them, whilst we as the smaller community out-smart them by channelling our limited (non-Saudi or American subsidized) resources into a united channel and by doing so we preserve more of our Sangat's money for more important purposes like actually helping people in need (regardless of their faith).

There ain't no comparison between what Sikhi is about and what the other lot advocate.

Them lot would rather see the whole world as their faith but the gareeb be starving in the meantime.

We would rather eliminate hunger, child poverty, malaria and HIV before asking people to examine Sikhi.

But that joker Naik is definitely a man whose ideas+vision needs to be observed and learnt from where usefully applicable. He's a fraud and he knows Islam is false but his dedication to an Islamic Empire ruling the world is inspirational in a weird way! If all of us can be as dedicated to spreading Sikhi for Sarbat dha Bhalla as he is to pimping Islam for global domination + purely political objectives ... we'll actually get somewhere in the remainder of this decade.

Disagree with you on that 11Gurus1Jot Paji.

Let the other mob have their 20 stations each.

Let them waste half a million a month funding them, whilst we as the smaller community out-smart them by channelling our limited (non-Saudi or American subsidized) resources into a united channel and by doing so we preserve more of our Sangat's money for more important purposes like actually helping people in need (regardless of their faith).

There ain't no comparison between what Sikhi is about and what the other lot advocate.

Them lot would rather see the whole world as their faith but the gareeb be starving in the meantime.

We would rather eliminate hunger, child poverty, malaria and HIV before asking people to examine Sikhi.

But that joker Naik is definitely a man whose ideas+vision needs to be observed and learnt from where usefully applicable. He's a fraud and he knows Islam is false but his dedication to an Islamic Empire ruling the world is inspirational in a weird way! If all of us can be as dedicated to spreading Sikhi for Sarbat dha Bhalla as he is to pimping Islam for global domination + purely political objectives ... we'll actually get somewhere in the remainder of this decade.

WLS Ji, if it brings unity then I too am for it 100%. However, we need true unity rather than infighting in the new merged channel if there was one, that could bring it down from the inside. I can show you a post where I said they should merge if the only alternative was they both go if they don't merge.

The only other thing I would say is, we should not become tight litte misers when it comes to our Sikh Channels only. We could have both channels easily if we just starting spending less on boose, cigerretes, cars, big houses, expensive clothes and hair cuts, expensive holidays, expensive meals and all the other selfish stuff we waste our money on, by over indulging, just to prove we are the best!

If both channels merged as a body, but kept 840 and 847 it could work really well in that one channel could have more Punjabi shows and one more English shows (Gurmukhi/Gurbani would be on both in equal amounts though). That way no Sikh in Britian would ever feel like they were 'missing out' at any given time! Because at the moment the English Speaking Youngsters can't understand what is being said when a Brilliant Punjabi programmes come on, and the Punjabi Speaking Sikhs can't understand when a Brilliant English Speaking programmes come on. There's always one these sections, who aren't bi-lingual, missing out. Now that would be a great reason to merge, but keep two channels!

Spending money on Sikh Media is brilliant compared to all the rubbish I have mentioned in blue. Why cut back on our Sikh Media before we cut back on the crap?. There's plenty of crappy areas we can save money on, before we start pulling back on our media!

Justice will only come through our Media