UKLondonSikh

Four Of The 5 Pyaaray Were Not Punjabi

Adding to the unity in diversity point: another problem with punjabiasation of sikhi is the sehajdhari problem. Less than 10% of punjabi sikhs are amritdhari whereas 90% of non Indian sikhs are amritdhari. Sehajdhari concept has a role to play but it has become the norm to be lifelong sehajdhari (many with cut hair), and punjabi ethnicity or even being brown skinned seems like an automatic entitlement to anand karaj etc. I'm we all recognise that taking gurus amrit is the solution to the rot. Diversity will strengthen sikhi kaum through interactions and strengthening of sikhi religiously.

• Like 2

Yeah its important to realize this and recognize Sikh does not equal Punjabi. Guru Gobind Singh ji was born in Bihar and died in Maharashtra, and a lot of his writing were in Braj Bhasha, not Punjabi.

Punjabi culture does not equal Sikh way of life

• Like 2

Sikhism is also termed as Punjabi nationalism by many.

Sikhism is also termed as Punjabi nationalism by many.

These must be the views of narrow minded people who

do not have any understanding about Sikhism and that our religion is a

universal religion.

If Punjabis are so bad, it doesnt stop those of us in the West, thousands of miles away, from doing something else.

Unfortunately even if Punjab disappeared into a blackhole our problems here in the West would still exist along with our impotence and apathy. But I guess it's fun to act like one of the big religions and blame others.

• Like 1

Guest dasguruka

At the same time lets not narrow down the 5 Pyares to just racial backgrounds and their origin whether they were from low or high castes. Daas came across a moment reading Gurmukh Parkash by Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale where he mentions that the 5 Pyares were avatars of bhagats. I don't remember exactly who was who but I do remember him mentioning that Bhai Daya Singh Ji was an incarnation of Bhagat Namdev Ji and Bhai Himmat Singh was an incarnation of Bhagat Dhanna Ji. Its Akal Purakh's khel to show us kaljugi jeevs that in reality it is only Him pervading everywhere and the racial/ethnic/cast/nationality labels do not really matter! I wish I could find that little excerpt again and share it with the Sangat but I would have to go through the whole granth!

• Like 4

At the same time lets not narrow down the 5 Pyares to just racial backgrounds and their origin whether they were from low or high castes. Daas came across a moment reading Gurmukh Parkash by Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindranwale where he mentions that the 5 Pyares were avatars of bhagats. I don't remember exactly who was who but I do remember him mentioning that Bhai Daya Singh Ji was an incarnation of Bhagat Namdev Ji and Bhai Himmat Singh was an incarnation of Bhagat Dhanna Ji. Its Akal Purakh's khel to show us kaljugi jeevs that in reality it is only Him pervading everywhere and the racial/ethnic/cast/nationality labels do not really matter! I wish I could find that little excerpt again and share it with the Sangat but I would have to go through the whole granth!

I'm not sure how he would know who is an incarnation of who !!!

We should respect and know Bhai Himat singh as Bhai Himat singh ONLY and Bhai Daya singh as Bhai Daya Singh ONLY..etc...

• Like 3

I'm not sure how he would know who is an incarnation of who !!!

We should respect and know Bhai Himat singh as Bhai Himat singh ONLY and Bhai Daya singh as Bhai Daya Singh ONLY..etc...

How will they prove that there baba ji is brahamgyani.

Bhai Daya Singh Ji - Luv (Son of Bhagwan Ramchandar Ji Maharaj)

Bhai Dharam Singh Ji - Bhagat Dhanna Ji

Bhai Himmat Singh Ji - Phandak (The hunter ("Biyaad") who captured "Chattarbhuj Panchhi Bhagwan")

Bhai Mohkam Singh Ji - Bhagat Namdev Ji

Bhai Sahib Singh Ji - Bhagat Sain Ji

How will they prove that there baba ji is brahamgyani.

Was this supposed to be sarcastic?

Are you doubting the avasthaa of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindraan Wale?

• Like 2

Bhai Himmat Singh Ji - Phandak (The hunter ("Biyaad") who captured "Chattarbhuj Panchhi Bhagwan")

Was this supposed to be sarcastic?

Are you doubting the avasthaa of Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindraan Wale?

Well with this kind of specification.

I am not mocking him but doubting about his writing.

You should first think then believe about anybody's writing.

• Like 4

What's this supposed to mean? Is this some scientific equation or something??????????????

What is happening with the Sikhs of today ???

If sant baba says jump in the ocean and after you see the mermaids, - Guru Nanak Ji will appear. So we all go and do just that !!!??

We have our utmost faith in babaji's statement- regardless of what Guru Nanakji HIMSELF preached ??

Guest dasguruka

Thanks for the correct matches. Obviously I was off. Would you also know about the incarnations of the 4 Sahibzades?