Advice Needed On Satkaar Of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Guest Inspirational

Guest Inspirational

Maharaj ji is coming to our house soon, and Im not sure whether this is okay to do, so thought i would ask. I would like to make a fresh flowers haar for them, but not sure if it is okay to do. I have seen at the gurdwara sometimes there is a laid infront of them i think. I want to make sure if it is okay for me to do this, so as i do not disrespect them.

~If it is okay, how many flowers(carnations) would I need, and wat is the best thread to use, and needle?

Also ~I know the main satkaar that needs to be done, but not sure about the haar bit, and whether I can throw flower petals on them or not, but I dont think I will be doing that, just seen at Nagar kirtans people doing it, but when bringing them home, wat else do i need to be aware of?

Also ardas is done, should we have some shabads, or just have the ardas done alone?

Please advise, as very excited about it, and do not want to do anything wrong either.

Thanku ji for listening..

Perfectly fine with flowers and haar. Very nice to read this thread as you have utmost respect, shaarda and pure love for guru sahib. Kirtan will add more bir raas.

If you are going to use any type of scent then please make sure that there is no alcohol in it. Use Indian dhoop instead :)

Guest Inspirational

Thank you S1ngh for your reply. Just hope i get it all done in time. Would 40 flower heads be enough? And is it okay to put the haar on top of the rumala in the tray? And if one wants to throw flowers then how should this done, at what stage. Whether scatter the petals in front of them or on top of them. But i dont think i Will be doing this bit, as Will be too nervous about everything else, just in case.

I dont like fragrance of dhoop gives me bad allergies. I was going to do scented candles and husband wants plug in air freshners, but i dont like the idea of them. Not sure Wat the full meaning of bir rass is. Does it mean happiness obtained from kirtan, anand from, or build up of compassionate emotions?

Thank you ji.

ive always thought its a beautiful thing to see Guru Ji adorned with flowers

I would recommend a thicker strong cotton or polyester thread and for the needle, 'doll needles' (which are long, making it easier to sew through flowers)

depending on the way you sew the flowers and how big you would like the haar to be, will influence how many flowers you will need

carnations are a great choice as they last long, dont wilt easily and the petals dont fall off quickly.

also, out of satkaar and piyaar, a lot of people choose not to throw petals thrown over guru ji or the haar in the bin, rather the flowers can be scattered in the garden on plants.

hope that was useful

Guest Inspirational

Thankuji Anon for ur reply, Gosh i'm sooo nervous, Im now wondering if I've added extra complications with the flowers. But would love to do it.

Im thinking carnations will probably be easier to sew the needle thru.

Yes I was thinking same thing too, I dont think i will do the throwing of the petals, as Guruji knows wat one's mann is like anyways, and no point in doing all the dikavaa if its not from the heart.

Good idea to scatter the flowers in the garden, I would never put the haar in the bin.

Thankuji for that, it was very very helpful, and hopefully will just stick to the haar.

Such a beautiful post in a long time..Thanks so much 'inspirtaiona' ji, this is awwwesome :)

Really wish you get loads of khushiaa as Maharaj di sawari comes :))