Guest Raj k

Why Does Waheguru Keep Testing Me?

51 posts in this topic

^^

waheguru ji don't push sikhi or religion on yourself......sehaj naal.......

no true mahapurkh take money.........they are just the light of God.....it's an individual journey,,,,,,,,

but from my personal experience to have a mahapurkh as a back up is a must must thing in kalyug.......but it should be true from your heart.....some people are so against mahapurkh...that don't do matha tek......why. why not......

now lets take your example...I assume you don't do sangat of any mahapurkh.....correct me if I am wrong.....and you are pushing sikhism on yourself very hardly.......aa ni karna...o ni karna...all these do don'ts at some point will make your mind fed up from sikhi.......

now one of my friend...don't do path or anything but just love a mahapurkh from heart, can do anything for him.....does sewa whenever he meets him and obeys his bachans...that's all.....dukhs do come to him, but he manages to get through them just because of mahapurkh ji as he is taking care of him..........now mahapurkh ji never say menu matha tek, paise de, mein guru aa.....no no no.....he always paraise Guru sahiban and says "guru bhala kare or satgur ne karna"......they actually bring you closer to waheguru ji.......

life totally change.....i personally feel people not having any mahapurkh ji's sangat as anaath.....no offence to anyone....because mahapurkh rab de puttar hunde ne......je mahapurkh na hon te rab aut ho jawe..meaning barren.......because relative don't care....and like you and other people keep doing path but at some point get fed up because they don't see any improvement...now question is where do you go....you go to mahapurkh because they are already connected and resolve our problem because we can't talk to God so conveniently because of low spiritual level.......mahapurkh are here for nothing more than to help us reach higher levels......

two options available - mahapurkha di charan doorhi mathe te laake bure karma nu door karna......ye tablet lani te ikele rona..........

I'ld certainly prefer the first and the easiest option,,,,,,mahapurkha kol jaake tension koi ni hundi...rakhe ya maare onu pata....odeyan di onu laaj....dharamraaj kol jaake bas ena hi kehna "kindly deal with my lawyer" :)

Edited by tuhintuhin
1 person likes this

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹ ||

@simran345 Please don't take the tablets. Here's something that might help you understand why you are going through such trying times. Firstly, people who are not remembering Vaheguroo Jee in this life yet seem to have it all have already suffered for their previous Karams in Narak before retaking birth and have a "clean slate". Some of us have to suffer for those bad Karams in this lifetime instead. Guru Sahib Jee may be testing you. Please, daas requests you to read Jail Chittian or if you want the English version it is called The Autobiography of Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh. They are both available on globalgurmat.com. It is the Autobiography of Bhai Sahib Jee, Jail Chittian being the original Punjabi version and the latter one is the translated English version. Furthermore, please read the story of Bhai Manj Jee. It is available on a quick Google Search. The Dukh these Gursikhs had to endure is unbelievable yet their faith remained unaltered. Also, perhaps Guru Sahib Jee is testing your faith and patience. Sant Baba Nand Singh Jee used to say that we cannot pass Guru Jee's tests unless he himself gets us to pass them. For that reason we should do Ardaas everyday that Guru Sahib Jee not test us and if Satguroo Sahib Jee ever does test us that He Himself gets us to pass. There is another Sakhi daas would like to post which daas will do so tomorrow. If it is not here, daas would appreciate a reminder, as daas may have forgotten. Although, Guru Sahib Jee does Kirpa that daas does not forget to help his sister in need. (Remember you posting once you were a sister although can't remember. Do let daas know if he is wrong). :) Guru Sahib Jee Kirpa Karan.

Edited by papidas

Please all pray for me and my family that things get better. We always help everyone when we can and are good people. I do go gurdwara and have started to do part. My mum has also started to do part also. I have this feeling inside me that waheguru will help me and my family. Just want waheguru to help and support us and make it all ok. Sorry waheguru for everything bad that me and my family have done. Please give us guidance, protect us and always be by our side. All I need is you waheguru. Please help

My faith is shaken- no matter what I do- seva, paart, nothing goes right. I see people all around me, who haven't got or can't be bothered to make time for waheguru yet they have it all. No worries in their lives. Why is my life filled with them? Abused by my uncle at a young age, I still believed, married into a family who make my life s misery, I still believe, debt up to my ears so that I can give my children what they need, I still believe. When is waheguru going to listen to my pleas? Please tell me that waheguru will support me through this difficult time- don't think I can take much more.

Waheguru

I will not serve God like a laborer, in expectation of my wages. Hazrat Rabia Basria

Waheguru

2 people like this

These articles and the answers people have written are totally inspiring to the extreme!

Relating to the above article my dear do lots of simran and paath every day.

Wahe guru ji sees everything and is always near at hand.

Beg for the foot dust of the saints.

Wahe guru ji wants us to be happy and when it is your time you will be married.

Trust in wahe guru ji. Only the immaculate Lord can make things happen.

Nothing is in mans hands.

doing path without wanting anything will be the hardest thing for you to get your head around

dont listen to the people who say you need a mahapurakh to guide you when you have your guru you dont need anyone else.

when your doing paath concentrate and dont pray for things pray for happiness. seems your still stuck in a world of maya and ego and pride whereby you judge others on what they have or how much paath they do, when really you should concentrate on making yourself a better person

dont take the tablets its the weak way out sikhs dont commit suicide because the pain and hole you leave behind for your loved ones will be huge and its the cowards way out!

My faith is shaken- no matter what I do- seva, paart, nothing goes right. I see people all around me, who haven't got or can't be bothered to make time for waheguru yet they have it all. No worries in their lives. Why is my life filled with them? Abused by my uncle at a young age, I still believed, married into a family who make my life s misery, I still believe, debt up to my ears so that I can give my children what they need, I still believe. When is waheguru going to listen to my pleas? Please tell me that waheguru will support me through this difficult time- don't think I can take much more.

We live in kalyug, born into an age where the majority of the world live in a hellish state of mind, so of course there will be crap wherever u go, the world is full of dic*heads. But this age is the most blessed for those who believe in Truth because it is in the darkest Pitts of hell that we are able to strike back and penetrate through the dark with the strongest light. Either u get buried by maya, consumed in and attached to your own pain/hell or u step in the path of the Bhagat and realise that hell/pain does not exist, only truth does. It is in dukh that we turn to truth hence dukh is the medicine- it leads us to detach from the khel and the bulls*it.

Maya will always be there, learn to detach by applying gurbani to your life- practice it and reap the benefits of this darkest age. Also realise that life could be a lot worse, nuclear war, famine, torture etc- look at that town in Syria that was gassed- women and children massacred. Look at the holocaust of Jews, the massacre of Sikhs- the torture our gurus and ancestor endured.

The pain u are going through can be detached from- that was physical torture.and pain. We see others who seem to have a lot of Sukh, but understand that is their own KAram- and if they are attachéd to it- they'll have the same amount of dukhi eventually- only in detachment are we free.

I don't know why we get bad in return of gud.I am waiting for the moment wen I will go to the waheguru nd cry n cry in his lap.my life is a joke.I was married nd my husband left me cuz he did not find money from me.he lost like a dream from my life

after five years I took chance and listening to my parents I got married again.my husband and my in laws are so dominant dat they treat me like a servant.I try to protest sometimes but I was dominated.and my husband and my in laws did not tell me dat it is third marriage of my husband.I found it wen I got here in USA.I asked them and its nothing for them.'coz all they do is right I cry n cry everyday.they don't let me talk to my parents on phone neither I tell my parents about the third marriage of my husband so dat they don't get hurt.what shud I do I am dying day by day.

Don't cry, be strong, do paat, and try to find help within the community as what to do. Is ur husband ok with u?

I don't know why we get bad in return of gud.I am waiting for the moment wen I will go to the waheguru nd cry n cry in his lap.my life is a joke.I was married nd my husband left me cuz he did not find money from me.he lost like a dream from my life

after five years I took chance and listening to my parents I got married again.my husband and my in laws are so dominant dat they treat me like a servant.I try to protest sometimes but I was dominated.and my husband and my in laws did not tell me dat it is third marriage of my husband.I found it wen I got here in USA.I asked them and its nothing for them.'coz all they do is right I cry n cry everyday.they don't let me talk to my parents on phone neither I tell my parents about the third marriage of my husband so dat they don't get hurt.what shud I do I am dying day by day.

Contact

http://www.sikhhelpline.com/

Hey Everyone , I was very upset and sad . Was feeling like most you . I searched on google for "waheguru why so much pain" and found this topic. It is very good to hear some of questions and answers. I just remembered something by Bhagat Farid Ji that made me realise .

"Farida main janya dukh mujh ko, Dukh sabha ae jag

Uche chadh ke dekhya, Taañ ghar ghar aeha agg"

Farid, I thought I was in pain, the whole world is in pain.

When I climbed up and looked around me, I saw this fire

in each and every home.

We are going through a difficult time but dont lose hope as waheguru will always be with us and guide us . Lets just look deeper inside and work hard for achieving for what came to do this in world. I AM SINNER WAHEGURU AND YOU ARE THE FORGIVER. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR HELPING ME TODAY .

I'm extremely sad at 'My faith is shaken'.

You do seva because your heart says so - not to receive something back.

You do your paart because your mind becomes part of God and He becomes part of you.

How do you know your assumption that 'those who have it all' is correct - are you privy to every aspect of their lives? You only get a tiny percentage of a person's real life and base your judgement upon that. If your measuring happiness with a new BMW or a posh house that's pretty shallow. Real wealth is what a good person does not what a bad person has.

Abused by your uncle - horrific. This man should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Go to the police.

Your married into a family that make your life a misery - move out with your husband and children.

Sometimes we give more to our children than they require. They won't be damaged if they don't have the latest phone or toy. Teach them at a young age to receive little things, they will then learn to appreciate the milestone bigger things. Don't keep buying on your credit card, remember your paying £118 for every £100 spent. If you haven't got the cash in your purse, leave it. You don't want your debt to grow.

You must never, ever ask or pray for material things. You must have courage in you to ask forgiveness when you have done something or thought something wrong. You must look around you and see the things you have and be thankful. Be genuinely happy for someone, they will then be for you. Let go of thoughts about other people and their lives, focus on you and your family. Always, always think happy thoughts about sharing, helping, respect and love.

The positivity in your mind will flow like running water across a depressing desert.

Sister, I say this from the heart, don't give up on the Lord for He hasn't given up on you.

The only solution to this is Meditate on Waheguru ,its the 5 inside that are playing you up Karm,Krodh ,Lorb Mor ,and Hankar,when you do simran listen to your voice and chant slowly

Dear _Raj k_ ,

first of all, how do you exactly know Wahiguru is testing you?

Believe it, if He started testing us, nobody of us will feel comfortable.

He already knows, how weak we are, how much moorakhs or mugadhs we are. In eyes of the world, we may appear clever of awaken, but spiritually we are blind, and if such is our state, can any normal person with a bit of common sense test a blind one?

It is His inmense love for us, which makes Him overlook our faults, and is eveready to forgive us, if only we turn our faces to Him.

So what is that turning our faces towards Him?

It is nothing else, but to love Him from the bottom of our hearts, and fully engaging ourselves in that activity which makes us go nearer and nearer to Him, which as repeated many times, is His Naam Simran alone, nothing more.

If we take a step towards Him by doing His chintan, He takes a hundred steps towards us.

He is much more eager to reunite us with Him as a lovely Father, than what we can ever imagine, cause we think we love Him, when the fact is, it is His pull from within, which makes us nearer to Him.

For if it depended on us all by ourselves, we would not even think about Him. Such shameless people are we....

I just have a pledge for you and all, howsoever life maybe difficult, or the situations be absolutely adverse for us due to our very own karmas, even then we should not let go the only anchor we have, and that is Him.

To ill speak of Him, and make Him responsible for our own demerits, is the biggest foolishness and crime we can ever commit, and thus strongly enchain ourselves in the " Chaurasee ka chakar".

For as the Bani says: Toon mere pran ke adhaar.

Just as oxygene can never be bad for us, for our lives depend on its inhalation, in a similar way, Wahiguru is the base of that oxygene we inhale, so how can we even think of blaming Him?

He, Wahiguru, is so adorable, that He is worthy only to be loved. more and more, that´s it.

Sat Sree Akal.

2 people like this

Nice post Harsharan Ji.

"I just have a pledge for you and all, howsoever life maybe difficult, or the situations be absolutely adverse for us due to our very own karmas, even then we should not let go the only anchor we have, and that is Him."

Hanji,

ਕਰਮੀ ਆਪੋ ਆਪਣੀ ਕੇ ਨੇੜੈ ਕੇ ਦੂਰਿ ॥ करमी आपो आपणी के नेड़ै के दूरि ॥ Karmī āpo āpṇī ke neṛai ke ḏūr.

According to their own actions, some are drawn closer, and some are driven farther away.

ਜਿਨੀ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਇਆ ਗਏ ਮਸਕਤਿ ਘਾਲਿ ॥ जिनी नामु धिआइआ गए मसकति घालि ॥ Jinī nām ḏẖi▫ā▫i▫ā ga▫e maskaṯ gẖāl.

Those who have meditated on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, and departed after having worked by the sweat of their brows -

ਨਾਨਕ ਤੇ ਮੁਖ ਉਜਲੇ ਕੇਤੀ ਛੁਟੀ ਨਾਲਿ ॥੧॥ नानक ते मुख उजले केती छुटी नालि ॥१॥ Nānak ṯe mukẖ ujle keṯī cẖẖutī nāl. ||1||

O Nanak, their faces are radiant in the Court of the Lord, and many are saved along with them! ||1||

1 person likes this

When will the foolish world ever stop blaming Wahiguru for all their misfortunes?

That also when they are wholly responsible for their condition.

How can we be so harsh with our Sachay Patshah?

We should stop taking Wahiguru, as the genie of Aladino´s Lamp, for things like fulfilling one´s desires, or acting as Superman in times of distress at our calls...

Of course Wahiguru is "sarvavyapak" = omnipresent and "shakti shalee" = omnipotent, and omniscient; but if in good times we do not remeber Him or try to establish a consciouss relation with Him, how can we have the cheek to call Him in our so called bad times.

Usually, we treat Him like the genie mentioned above, we just rub the lamp when we need Him the most, then we let Him stay inside and make Him wait, until we really need Him again.

Shameless people ...

He is our True Father and Mother, we should daily dedicate time to Love Him without any excuse or fail, through His Simran.

"Sukh main Simran jho kare, toh dukh kaaeko hoe"

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

So true only myself to blame.

"Sukh main Simran kare, to dukh kaaeko hoe". Wahh.

Dukh Mein Simran Sab Kare, Sukh Mein Kare Na Koye

Jo Sukh Mein Simran Kare, Tau Dukh Kahe Ko Hoye

[in anguish everyone prays to Him, in joy does none

To One who prays in happiness, how sorrow can come]

Bro if you want my honest opinion. Like it's been said above, Don't blame god. just by doing Simran ALONE our Karma is dying away. It's becoming more and more insignificant. That small cut you got? it could very well have been Waheguru's blessing as you may have been meant to have an even serious injury. Some things are destined to happen because our Divine Father has a plan for us due to it. There is a lesson in everything. You fell down, so pick yourself up, wipe off the dirt, smile, thank Waheguru for helping you get up and grab Kalyug by it's horns.

1 person likes this

I an in.hell. I did. everything path seva fast donation. everything but waheguru give me.nothing. my husband left me after 1 month of marriage I feel.useless broken and shaken. I. can't concentrate on anything in.my life. I can handel my life anymore.my trust on waheguru is breaking day by day. why this happened to.me.only.why he.left me after taking phere around guru granth sahebe ji.

I an in.hell. I did. everything path seva fast donation. everything but waheguru give me.nothing. my husband left me after 1 month of marriage I feel.useless broken and shaken. I. can't concentrate on anything in.my life. I can handel my life anymore.my trust on waheguru is breaking day by day. why this happened to.me.only.why he.left me after taking phere around guru granth sahebe ji.

Taranjit jee,

First of all you are not in the hell, do not be so negative.

It is a pity, you are going through a difficut phase of your life, but, that is not because of Wahiguru. It is only because of your own past karmas, for which you have to settle accounts.

To some you have to give, from some you have to receive. This earth is known aslo as karam bhoomee, where whatever seed you sow, that harvest you get.

Suppose you sow chillies, you can not expect to reap apples. Can you? Then where does Wahiguru come in here this scene? One is free to plant the seeds one wants, but then according to laws of Nature, that is what you get only. How can we shamelessly ever blame Wahiguru? He did not force us to plant the chilly seeds. Then if we planted X seeds, it is just normal to get X harvest, isn´t it?

You see, Wahiguru never forces anything on anybody. He gives us full freedom, so if we misuse that freedom, than naturally we have to pay for it.

If you did phere around Guru Jee, and your husband left you, that is him being unfaithful by not fulfilling the vow one takes before Guru Jee at that time.

Once again, how can you blame Guru Jee for it? Don´t you think you are being unfair to Him?

You see, we people have up our owm minds of how Wahiguru is or should be, under the influence of agyanta and maanmat.

We read the Bani like parrots, thus we do not mould our lives according to Gurmat, then too, we foolislhy keep our demands before Wahiguru, and expect Him to be like a Superman hero for us, to come in our times of need... What a shame....

We do not do His bhakti as we should, then too, instead of trying to stay in accordance as per laws of natue and endure our own created destiny by us, we cry and wail, why why why me ?

Remember, our relation with Wahiguru is only on a spiritual basis, rest is all karam. Having said that, He is so merciful and loves you so much, that inspite of your karmas, sanskaras, sins, maanmat, etc... He has blessed you with human birth, (which even devis devtays can not get just like that), so that you may remove your haume, and do His Bhakti as per Gurmat, and cut all your chains from this mayavee creation, make yourself free totally, and place yourself at His Lotus Feet, and in this lies the welfare of all jeevas.

So taranjit jee, instead to cry and complain, be grateful to Him at each step in your life, with each breath, do His Bhakti as per Gurmat, then see how the changes are taking in you, for your betterment, as then you open your heart for His unlimited Daya Meher...

God bless you.

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
2 people like this

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• Blase means to be indifferent or unconcerned. However, you perceive my writing on Dasam Bani being reintroduced to be both nonchalant (why don't we bring in another French word) but also emotional and angry at the same time. That kind of makes for an oxymoron; contradictory terms.  When attempting to have any genuine and fruitful discussion I have experienced it is helpful to not speculate or make conjecture about the viewpoints of another. If curious or in doubt, just ask; ask with the innocent interest of a child. Other genuine level-headed people will gladly oblige. Fools like myself may otherwise find injury in your guesswork.   Bringing in Samparda Kathavachaks fixes the symptom not the illness. The root problem that will fester and multiply is unaddressed. Is this a strategy for the long term that will bring unity and togetherness in the Panth? No. I have posted an excerpt of my last post on this topic below for your convenience, often my arguments become TL;DR.     Again, conjecture and scorn for a person you genuinely want to have dialogue with may not be useful. Some may misinterpret your heartfelt intentions.   If I'm not mistaken, it was rescinded after just two years!  Here is the difference: When the Sikhs took the jagir from the Mughals, they took it after deliberation, discussion, and the approval of the Sarbat Khalsa Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma has built no such discussion and consensus building into his strategy, not even with the Sant Samaj. Heaps of them condemn his political choices.  Getting the discourse changed to Gurmat is good. But the underlying problems remain unaddressed; problems that do the most to hold the Panth back as outlined in my above post.  The jagir allowed the Sikhs to consolidate different jathas under the leadership of Kapur Singh into the Dal Khalsa. Factions were brought together.  They used the political calm to develop their autonomous power and establish their sovereignty This was political power and control that they were able to grow for the Panth. The jagir was taken away very quickly, but look at what they accomplished in that time. The Khalsa was brought together in unity to fight for our future prosperity.  I highly doubt the SIkhs who had been hunted down by Zakariya Khan suddenly became enthralled by his friendship. They took the jagir in a collective, panthic decision and likely knew they could be double-crossed. But they mustered their forces and were in a stronger position for when it did happen.  In all the major issues of the Panth that I have outlined in my previous posts, Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma has made little headway in ameliorating them.  No political autonomy is established for the Panth. The Indian government regulated the SGPC, the SGPC in turn is run by Badal and the Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal). There is no autonomy or control of the Panth in its own affairs, we are led by the string where the political elite wish to go.  As I stated previously: Baba Harnam Singh Dhumma's strategy gives the Panth no autonomy, no control, and he has not pushed forward the Panth's interests in any worthwhile long-lasting way.   
    • It is by Kavi Santokh Singh Suraj Parkesh Granth
    • This is exactly the same thing which Muslim Kings and army was saying about Sikhs a few centuries ago. In fact, these Muslim rulers were saying that no Sikh is left, however, Sikhs did become rulers of the land after couple of Genocides. I am not saying it is going to be easy with Hindu India, but you are under estimating Sikhs. 
    • Sakhi from  Subedar Baghel Singh “Jivan Anubhav” his autobiography. He says one day after his simran he sat down to rest. His Astral body (sookham sahreer) separated from his body went through the roof at a very high speed. His Astal body left the earth behind and ended up in a place where there were various Sant mandalis. He was surprised to see himself in two separate place but mere thought of his body brought him back inside his body. Similar stories can also be found in pachmi parkash jeeven sant Karam Singh Hotimardan and Se Kinehya Jeeveni Sant Harnam Singh Rampurkhera.