Guest Raj k

Why Does Waheguru Keep Testing Me?

Guest Raj k

My faith is shaken- no matter what I do- seva, paart, nothing goes right. I see people all around me, who haven't got or can't be bothered to make time for waheguru yet they have it all. No worries in their lives. Why is my life filled with them? Abused by my uncle at a young age, I still believed, married into a family who make my life s misery, I still believe, debt up to my ears so that I can give my children what they need, I still believe. When is waheguru going to listen to my pleas? Please tell me that waheguru will support me through this difficult time- don't think I can take much more.

Guest Kaal

Those people you are talking about who you think have it easy have paid up their bad karma and paap in narak before they took birth into this life, thats why its easier for them. But because they are still lost and in doubt they are making their karma bad again for their next life. You must have had bad karma in your previous life, Naam erases bad karma slowly or quickly depending on how much Gurbani we sing with love to intensify the Naam. Gurbani Supports the Naam, it empowers the Naam, so the more Bani we have inside the more the more effective the Naam will be and the more we can control the power of it. Naam takes worldly pain away and you just have to be patient. You may not know it but you are taking small amounts of pain away from your life, so your life could have been worse without Gurbani and Naam. Keep on doing Sukhmani Sahibs and Jap Naam everytime, at night in bed, in the morning, afternoon etc everywhere you go keep on practicing it with every breath and in the mind. Take time out to do seated Bhagti of Naam too and in between you can continue Sukhmani Sahib.

Another tip, go to a Ransbai and Jap Naam there too and join in with the Kirtan.

Keep this in mind, Gursikhs in India have been through worse. They have been tortured by the police all their life but they never gave up or doubted Truth (Gurmat/Sikhi/Amrit). It still happens now to Gursikhs in India. I understand you're feeling misery and pain but we question Vaheguru too much when Vaheguru has put Gursikhs/Shaheeds through worse.

As long as an Amritdhari keeps faith in Gurbani, Guru Sahib will help you. Keep doing Ardas too.

Gor duK´M Aink hq´M jnm dwirdRM mhw ibK´wdM ] ghor dhukhya(n) anik hathya(n) janam dhaaridhra(n) mehaa bikhyaadha(n) || Excruciating pain, countless killings, reincarnation, poverty and terrible misery imtMq sgl ismrMq hir nwm nwnk jYsy pwvk kwst BsmM kroiq ]18] mitta(n)th sagal simara(n)th har naam naanak jaisae paavak kaasatt bhasama(n) karoth ||18|| are all destroyed by meditating in remembrance on the Lord's Name, O Nanak, just as fire reduces piles of wood to ashes. ||18||

I know it's tough but try not to do seva or the like with the intention of attaining something. Again I know that sounds like an impossibility but just say in your Ardaas "Do what you will with me but I won't stop believing in you. I'm doing whatever I'm doing because I want to, not because I have vested interests". So, if you ARE hoping for something in return you need to relinquish those thoughts.

Also if there's anyone you can talk to like professionals or doctors then you might feel better.

• Like 3

Guest ssingh23

gursikhs in india were tortutred brutallity n have been threw much worse n still r n those ppl who arent near god n are living happy lives is because they are building up bad karma . they had bad karma is past thats y they arent near god and they will have bad karma in the future . n good ppl have bad karma because if u did paap bad karma in a pastr bad life u will have to get rid of that bad karma in a good saint life . thas y theres alot of goodsaint ppl with bad problems .

Bhenji sorry to hear u are going thru so much, I understand its very difficult time you are going through, but please dont keep it inside, try to talk to somebody about it, and get help with ur life. I know easier said than done, but it does help to talk, or see a professional. Have u ever had counselling for wat happened to you when u were younger? We sometimes think we are strong inside, but we are at the end of the day, human, and not perfect.

Try to approach ur doctor, I know people think wat will the doctor do, but they can guide u in the right direction to get counselling or some sort of help so you dont have to deal with this on ur own.

Waheguru will help you through this, as humans we will go through bad phases, where our faith is lowered, but its our past karms like others have said that we are dukhi.

We can help ourselves by doing simran, and to get help from those that are involved in our daily lives.

There is are organisations such as Kaur project, sikhhelpline, if you want to talk to somebody in confidence,or they can contact u back if u are not up to it.

Dont ever give up, and get as much help as u can from be it the council, doctor, finance advisors, wherever u can get it the more it contribute to making life a bit easier for you.

Edited by simran345

Gurfateh ji

The more seva u do the more faster u will get the good, stuff in ur case happiness.

Gurfateh :)

Its hard to say why you are going through bad things maybe its a frame of mind or past karam, i cant say i cant see your past. All i know is that you have the now.

Like some others have said, other people have been through worse, so maybe you can find solace in that, but you can only find peace and Sukh from simran, as without abiaas you cant control your mind, and on a micro level if you think about its your mind/thoughts you are upset with, No thoughts no dukh, the aim of life is to be above Mia which are thoughts.

Guest Jas

Hi I understand what your going through totally. I feel upset, angry and very bitter. Life is so unfair. I really feel and wish that waheguru just took me out if this world. It feels like my life is just always going to get worse. I have really tried. People around me that are bad land on their feet. I just want some happiness waheguru. I really want to be married and have kids and have a normal life. People always say there's light at the end of the tunnel but in my life the tunnel is always dark. It's so important that I get married and have kids. I have always had this dream and people are saying stuff to me now about me not being married. I just want to be normal.

Guest Guest
Hi I understand what your going through totally. I feel upset, angry and very bitter. Life is so unfair. I really feel and wish that waheguru just took me out if this world. It feels like my life is just always going to get worse. I have really tried. People around me that are bad land on their feet. I just want some happiness waheguru. I really want to be married and have kids and have a normal life. People always say there's light at the end of the tunnel but in my life the tunnel is always dark. It's so important that I get married and have kids. I have always had this dream and people are saying stuff to me now about me not being married. I just want to be normal.

It's not you but society at large is facing problems when it comes to marriage.

Just see the number of matrimonial sites & listings.

If you and your parents are unable to find a match on your own then it's better to seek services of a professional Match Maker.

there is no one is the world... who is not suffering...... everyone has some or the other kind of tensions.....

there is no house in this world who has not suffered from the pain of lossing their dear ones.....

Life is all about happiness nad sorrow... who can say that people who do bad karam only suffers... Guru Gobind Singh g suffered alot... other sikh gurus also suffered..... was their karam bad datz y... not its not that....

Ek janam sambh lo.... pta ni duniya agle pichle janam nu leke kyo galla kardi...

Keep on doing good... je life ch takleef ni howegi .. no one will know what life is ... pain makes u mature...

Never fear from pain...... coz our gurus were fearless... they neva fear :D learn from them

Edited by Gurpreet14
  • Like 1

Guest 701 Herenho

Thanks all. Just had enough. Things just get worse and worse. Nothing is getting better. I feel lost and confused. It's like we have not seen any happy days for years. We always help people. I am scared of the future. I can't handle anymore bad luck. I really need waheguru's help and I just want to ask for forgiveness for all the bad things me and my family have done in this life and in the past. Never thought my life would turn out like this. It's like someone has cast a evil spell on our family.

Dont give up, its same with me, worse and worse.

I dont even know wat happiness is, just feel like an actress in a film doing th sad role.

but the film dont stop and the role never stops.

Only thing you can do is go to Maharaj ji, and ask for forgiveness in front of them. I have been too weak to go to gurdwara, and didn't want to as finding it so hard to physically move, and thought Wats the point when not got th strength. In th end, god knows how i got there the state me in and I mean i am bad now. The plan was to mtha tek n come back quickly, but god knows where the tears came from just flowing and flowing and had no idea who was in sangat or who was lookin, only realised when come back home. No matter how much controlled could not stop. I cant share wat happened next, sorry but when i came out wish i never came out and could stay forever. but all i will say is if you can make it to the gurdwara just go. Believe me that is the only place to be. If you can physically go gurdwara is only place you will feel better.

Edited by simran345
  • Like 1

There is a sakhi I heard of Guru Nanak Dev Ji.

There were two neighbors and after working one of them would always go to the Gurdwara Sahib to meet Guru Nanak Dev Ji and the other one would go to wrong places. One day, the one that was going to the Gurdwara got a thorn stuck in his feet. The other one ended up finding golden coins. So the man went to Guru Ji and said that he always comes to hazoori and does path but he got a thorn stuck in his feet whereas his neighbor doesn't go to Guru Ji and he found golden coins, why so? Guru Ji said that according to the man's karm, he was supposed to have a worse health problem but because he does path and goes to gurdwara he only got a thorn stuck in his feet. The neighbor was supposed to be very very rich but because he doesn't do path or go to Gurdwara he ended up with only a few golden coins.

I'm sorry if I made any mistakes I'm just restating the sakhi off of memory.

• Like 4

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Inter-religious marriages are not allowed in sikhi dharam.
    • Ranjit Singh made them his own. He trusted them as their kin. Many Dogras are still Sikhs, so they are our own. Punjabi =/=Sikh
    • christians have had the reformation, but it is middle eastern evil. jesus said i have not come here to change the evil book of torah, it is the book of my father .it is more evil than islam
    • Main v nai apne aap nu pasand kardi, par ki kara, karna penda, kio ke koi kise nu nai karda 😂 Kira paji, 🤧 here’s a tissue. Don’t return it back thanks 😋😂
    • Why bring in beloved Sachay Patshah, and shamelessly blame Him for our misfortunes? That also, when our present condition, it is due to our own karmas from our past. Does not the Bani say: Aapay beejeh, aapay khaae. So Guest Jee, wher does Wahiguru comes in this picture of our destiny? He is not like us unfaithful and disrespectful human beings, He is our Mata Pita, our Sajjan, our Bhaee, our Meet. Just look at the situation from a higher perspective, He is so Dayalu, that in spite of any of your karam, He has still blessed you with the highest life form, the one of a human being, so that we learn something from Gurbani, do His bhakti that much, that we become one with Him? So tell me, in which way has He forsaken you? He has extended His arm to pull you out from this Bhavsagar, and you are blaming Him? Aren´t you a bit arrogant and unjust with Him, though it maybe out of pain? But even then, our distress should not take us away from Him, rather make us cling harder on His Lotus Feet. Other thing is, we maybe not aware of our stock of karmas, and thus their reactions on us in the form of destiny, but nevertheless, we should never ever blame Him. Following are some beautiful inspirational Sat Bachans from the Bani, I hope they give you some comfort: ਜੇ ਸੁਖੁ ਦੇਹਿ ਤ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਅਰਾਧੀ ਦੁਖਿ ਭੀ ਤੁਝੈ ਧਿਆਈ ॥੨॥
      Je sukẖ ḏėh ṯa ṯujẖėh arāḏẖī ḏukẖ bẖī ṯujẖai ḏẖi▫ā▫ī. ||2||
      If You will bless me with happiness, then I will worship and adore You. Even in pain, I will meditate on You. ||2||

ਜੇ ਭੁਖ ਦੇਹਿ ਤ ਇਤ ਹੀ ਰਾਜਾ ਦੁਖ ਵਿਚਿ ਸੂਖ ਮਨਾਈ ॥੩॥
      Je bẖukẖ ḏėh ṯa iṯ hī rājā ḏukẖ vicẖ sūkẖ manā▫ī. ||3||
      Even if You give me hunger, I will still feel satisfied; I am joyful, even in the midst of sorrow. ||3||

ਤਨੁ ਮਨੁ ਕਾਟਿ ਕਾਟਿ ਸਭੁ ਅਰਪੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਅਗਨੀ ਆਪੁ ਜਲਾਈ ॥੪॥
      Ŧan man kāt kāt sabẖ arpī vicẖ agnī āp jalā▫ī. ||4||
      I would cut my mind and body apart into pieces, and offer them all to You; I would burn myself in fire. ||4||   Let us learn to love Him, strictly under all circumstances as seen above, for that is the right attitude to be had as a sikh. Stay blessed. Sat Sree Akal.