Bibek- The Khalsa Rehat

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

http://gurmatbodh.bl...alsa-rehat.html

Bibek is a universal Rehat for the Khalsa, it is not a choice, it is Guru Sahib's hukam to us to keep Bibek. As Guru Ke Khalsa we cannot eat from anywhere and everywhere, there are standards for the Khalsa of Guru Gobind Singh. Guru Sahib said:

ਖਾਲਸੇ ਕਰ ਮੇਰੋ ਸਤਕਾਰਾ

I am honoured because of the Khalsa.

Guru Sahib says he is honoured because of the Khalsa, Guru Sahib holds the Khalsa very highly.

ਖਾਲਸਾ ਮੇਰੀ ਜਾਨ ਕੀ ਜਾਨ

Khalsa is my life & soul

Guru Sahib says that Khalsa is my everything. Guru Sahib has placed us in such a high place.

ਹਮ ਰੁਲਤੇ ਫਿਰਤੇ ਕੋਈ ਬਾਤ ਨ ਪੂਛਤਾ ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਸੰਗਿ ਕੀਰੇ ਹਮ ਥਾਪੇ ॥

I was rolling around in the dirt, and no one cared for me at all. In the Company of the Guru, the True Guru, I, the worm, have been raised up and exalted.

Without Guru Jee we are nothing, so if Guru Sahib has given us Hukam then we must follow it!

ਗੁਰਿ ਕਹਿਆ ਸਾ ਕਾਰ ਕਮਾਵਹੁ ॥

So do that work, which the Guru tells you to do.

Guru Sahib has told us to follow Bibek, there is enough evidence to support this. It is the Rehni-Behni of a Gursikh.

Many people say Bibek is the invention of the Akhand Keertani Jatha, this is false. Bibek is for the Khalsa not just the Jatha. On this blog I have showed enough evidence from Taksali sources to show that Bibek is infact a Khalsa Rehat and not just one invented by the Jatha. See here and here.

Below is a letter sent by Sant Kartar Singh Jee Khalsa Bhindranwale to his son, Bhai Sahib Bhai Amrik Singh Jee, condemning him for not keeping Bibek and eating openly. He tells Bhai Amrik Singh (who was called Bhai Harbhajan Singh) that look at the honour and respect of the Jatha (Proof that Taksal kept strict Bibek). He says it is not good to eat freely, it will ruin your Gursikhi Jeevan. Sant Jee says I will be ashamed if someone tells me your son does not keep Rehat. He says there is no point in studying if it is at the sake of keeping Rehat. Gurmat Rehat is above all!

bibekletter.jpg

Here is the original letter, the quality is really bad, but you can follow along with the transcription above.

bibekletterpnjb.jpg