• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
shastarSingh

Which Shabad To Do 125000 Times ?

54 posts in this topic

Just like to quote sunsingh veer regarding 40 days chalisa, he can shed some more light on this as well:

Here's the maryada:

Make Karah Parshaad and do ardass at the start.

While doing the jaap sit on a white sheet wearing white clothes. Have water in a container near you and have a quoi (ghee) jot lit. After doing your jaap for the day splash chitey from the water around your paath room (it's good somehow, not sure if it's a necessary part of maryada) and then drink the water.

At the end make bhog and do ardass.

Here's the numbers for each day:

Gurmantr jap 108 mala

Mool mantr 33 mala

Chachree chand, Tav Prasaad mantr 32 mala

Sukhmani Sahib 5 paaths

Japji Sahib 25 paaths.

This takes 40 days to complete. All of the above are equivalent.

One other note on the 40 day maryada. You should maintain a certain level of consistency with it. Always do it in the same room. Do it the same way throughout as you did when you began it. you can do it sitting, lying down etc. but say this in your ardass when you start it. "Guru ji, I'm going to do simran sitting in a chair, and sometimes sitting on the ground as well."etc.

make sure your and your clothes are suchae that is you have had a keshi ishan and you havent been to the toilet. Every time after defacating you must do keshi ishnaan.

Remain Firm. Stick to it and the reward is huge.

1 person likes this

I just cannot believe what I am reading above. Our Guru Sahibaans spent their entire

lives trying to break us free from empty brahmanical rituals. And here we see a

ritual of 40 days chalisa to bribe God. "Remain Firm. Stick to it and the reward is huge."

Jsinghnz, you may be jumping the gun here, did the person i quote mentioned anywhere that reward is ridhiya sidya or anything..!! reward as in ajapa jap- passing an certain stage in spirituality Sikhi (like student passing an high school going to university).!!

the idea of a chalisa or sava lakh jaap is to go into a 5th gear maryada.something intense and hardcore that will not normally be achived following your standard nitnem routine.......theres nothing brahmnical about it.....i dont think many people here understand brahmanism.......it is a con system to con people.so in this context a brahman would say "oh you can only do sava lakh jaap or chalisa by following my instructions i know best....firts make me an offering and bring xyz throw it in the river and give me xyz then start your jaap you must have ishnaan, you cannot see the shadow of a low caste, you cannot go nera a dog etc, you cannot done this you must do this. Then at the end of the jaap you come to me i will do your ardass and you gotta give me offering etc ....onlyu i will be able to tell if you have recived the fruits of your jaap etc etc.this is brahmanism.......just like the brahmans today in Govt of India robbing the poor but they themselves remain minted

2 people like this

So the point is to develop a strict routine, almost like working out. If you say it repetitively, then it becomes part of your thinking. There is nothing special about the number 125,000. It's just a goal someone sets. Similar to a weight lifter setting a goal for how many reps he will do.

Doing it 126,000 times then wouldn't be beadbi.

Doing something repetitively is a meditation within itself. It reprograms the brain, so to speak.

Is this the gist of it?

1 person likes this

Yes that's it sherdil veer.

Hmmm...that makes sense. I would like to try that sometime.

Maybe with a smaller number than 125,000 to start off with :-)

Because you are weak and lack faith in the power of Gurbani.

yes. we are all weak. im not saying u need to go through sum 1 to reach god. which is the stupidness that ur suggesting.

fact is that gurbani has the power thats the faith u silly.

and, do ur research jp. u think u can lift 1000+ kg weight, or a weight that varies its weight bani, by urself? try it. probs the only way u will learn.

and, the whole reason that ther is a number is because, if u repeate it that many times u will get somthing special from doing it that much. (and yes jp, even doing it once, u will get summin special.)

find mukat marag P:10. ull c which "baba" has given us this.

and, ask ursself this too, y did guru G say "where there is 5, ther is god" ..? when we ourselves can become god on earth? (har harjun doe ek hai)

if u think u can do it urself, flipin do it!

stop tryna say o, this is rong, we cant do this etc. iz it a ritual? no. forget the chalisa crap. doing things for xyz number of dayz, gives u somthing new. fact is, we need to be doing it constantly. and its not like, 125,000 times, are finished, then u stop.. u shud carry on with it.

i dont mean to talk this strongly. so next time chose nicer words JSingh.

there are numbers that if u do it that many times, then u will get that special thing.. like 24,000, 24 pauris ion sukhmani sahib, the number of times "waheguru" comes in guru maharaj. 40, 41, 101 whatever number.

if we get a new understanding through understanding the meaning, then we will feel the power of the shabad more. do that twice, then its increased. repetition is the mot basic and importent form of meditation. since bani has come from naam, its all the same!.

yes. we are all weak. im not saying u need to go through sum 1 to reach god. which is the stupidness that ur suggesting.

fact is that gurbani has the power thats the faith u silly.

and, do ur research jp. u think u can lift 1000+ kg weight, or a weight that varies its weight bani, by urself? try it. probs the only way u will learn.

and, the whole reason that ther is a number is because, if u repeate it that many times u will get somthing special from doing it that much. (and yes jp, even doing it once, u will get summin special.)

find mukat marag P:10. ull c which "baba" has given us this.

and, ask ursself this too, y did guru G say "where there is 5, ther is god" ..? when we ourselves can become god on earth? (har harjun doe ek hai)

if u think u can do it urself, flipin do it!

stop tryna say o, this is rong, we cant do this etc. iz it a ritual? no. forget the chalisa crap. doing things for xyz number of dayz, gives u somthing new. fact is, we need to be doing it constantly. and its not like, 125,000 times, are finished, then u stop.. u shud carry on with it.

i dont mean to talk this strongly. so next time chose nicer words JSingh.

Your answer shows you are really becoming "somthing special",eh.

1 person likes this

"The only advice I would give myself now should I ever attempt it again is to try and listen to the mantar with full attention of the mind when reciting. Whether you do it with orally or with the voice of the mind :stupidme:"

I LIKE IT

if u want to u can recite all shabads from Shabad Hazare 125,000 times. I have heard any shabad from shabad hazare is equal to reciting 1000 times. This way you will get unlimited laha :)

File Attached shabad-hazaray.pdf

IF I were you I'd instead study SGGS cover to cover .....

Sure that make sense but make sure you don't read sri guru granth sahib ji with lense of abhramic version of God but traditional nirgun and sargun aspect of Vahiguroo ji...!! :D

If you must read with lense of abhramic version of God, then its best you might as well read- holy bible -jesus and moses :)

oh me jeez.

u all are getin bit hot headed.. just saying..

didnt mean fo peeps to argue about this.

Guru sahibs says.... whats does guru sahib say? Guru ji tells us one thing and one thing only and that is to jaap naam 24/7. Like alias g said do 125,000 times but doesnt mean you stop. You keep going and going.. till you dont merge with akaal purakh.

Gurfateh jee

Sure that make sense but make sure you don't read sri guru granth sahib ji with lense of abhramic version of God but traditional nirgun and sargun aspect of Vahiguroo ji...!!

I'd say do it with an open mind ...( a clean slate ) , be objective .... and do veechar on guru's shabad - sabsai upar gur shabad beechar !

2 people like this

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal,

Dear all,

Please listen. Gurdev is singing.

ਮਿਟਿ ਗਈ ਗਣਤ ਬਿਨਾਸਿਉ ਸੰਸਾ ॥

मिटि गई गणत बिनासिउ संसा ॥

MiTi gaee gaRat binaasi▫o sansaa.

Counting is erased. Doubts are dispelled.

ਨਾਮਿ ਰਤੇ ਜਨ ਭਏ ਭਗਵੰਤਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

नामि रते जन भए भगवंता ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Naam rate jan bha▫e bhagvantaa. ||1|| rahaa▫o. SGGS 390-6

Imbued with the Naam, people become bhagvantaa. ||1||Rahaa-o||

Balbir Singh

Do the jaap of the Shabad, from which everything else has emerged.

Guru Jee tells us in simple words:

Jap man Satnam, sadhaa Satnam.

What will then happen by doing so?

As the saying goes: Jaisa dhiyayeeh, vaisaa hoeeyah.  As  what you meditate /contemplate on, so you shall become.

So if we meditate on Him, we shall become one with.

What is the purpose of any jaap or paath? Isn´t it pleasing Guru jee? So if He tells us: Jap Man Satnam, sadhaa Satnam, why not follow it implicitly with sharda?

Then it is not to be done at a particular time or place only, but, while walking, eating, drinking, sleeping ....any time, at all times on which mind is free. Of course, one must sit at amritwela for example, and do this bhajan bandagee, but the more one does this jaap, the more His daya meher on us, so why to limit His Bakshish, when He wants to give us His kirpa with both His hands wide open?

Sat Sree Akal.

Edited by harsharan000
1 person likes this

I remember someone saying in Katha that simran of the shabad is like the gentle trickle of water on the mountain stone of our minds , the longer the contact/flow the deeper the groove , the deeper the groove the quicker to break the hardness of the mind . I wish you all deep rewarding abihaas in the coming days ...

slok mhlw 4
salok mehalaa 4
Salok, Fourth Mehla:

<> siqgur pRswid ]
ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

vfBwgIAw sohwgxI ijn@w gurmuiK imilAw hir rwie ]
vaddabhaageeaa sohaaganee jinhaa guramukh miliaa har raae ||
Blessed and very fortunate are those happy soul-brides who, as Gurmukh, meet their Sovereign Lord King.

AMqir joiq prgwsIAw nwnk nwim smwie ]1]
a(n)thar joth paragaaseeaa naanak naam samaae ||1||
The Light of God shines within them; O Nanak, they are absorbed in the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

vwhu vwhu siqguru purKu hY ijin scu jwqw soie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur purakh hai jin sach jaathaa soe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, the Primal Being, who has realized the True Lord.

ijqu imilAY iqK auqrY qnu mnu sIqlu hoie ]
jith miliai thikh outharai than man seethal hoe ||
Meeting Him, thirst is quenched, and the body and mind are cooled and soothed.

vwhu vwhu siqguru siq purKu hY ijs no smqu sB koie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur sath purakh hai jis no samath sabh koe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, the True Primal Being, who looks upon all alike.

vwhu vwhu siqguru inrvYru hY ijsu inMdw ausqiq quil hoie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur niravair hai jis ni(n)dhaa ousathath thul hoe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, who has no hatred; slander and praise are all the same to Him.

vwhu vwhu siqguru sujwxu hY ijsu AMqir bRhmu vIcwru ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur sujaan hai jis a(n)thar breham veechaar ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the All-knowing True Guru, who has realized God within.

vwhu vwhu siqguru inrMkwru hY ijsu AMqu n pwrwvwru ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur nira(n)kaar hai jis a(n)th n paaraavaar ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the Formless True Guru, who has no end or limitation.

vwhu vwhu siqgurU hY ij scu idRVwey soie ]
vaahu vaahu sathiguroo hai j sach dhrirraaeae soe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, who implants the Truth within.

nwnk siqgur vwhu vwhu ijs qy nwmu prwpiq hoie ]2]
naanak sathigur vaahu vaahu jis thae naam paraapath hoe ||2||
O Nanak, Blessed and Great is the True Guru, through whom the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is received. ||2||

hir pRB scw soihlw gurmuiK nwmu goivMdu ]
har prabh sachaa sohilaa guramukh naam govi(n)dh ||
For the Gurmukh, the true Song of Praise is to chant the Name of the Lord God.

Anidnu nwmu slwhxw hir jipAw min Awnµdu ]
anadhin naam salaahanaa har japiaa man aana(n)dh ||
Chanting the Praises of the Lord, their minds are in ecstasy.

vfBwgI hir pwieAw pUrn prmwnµdu ]
vaddabhaagee har paaeiaa pooran paramaana(n)dh ||
By great good fortune, they find the Lord, the Embodiment of perfect, supreme bliss.

jn nwnk nwmu slwihAw bhuiV n min qin BMgu ]3]
jan naanak naam salaahiaa bahurr n man than bha(n)g ||3||
Servant Nanak praises the Naam, the Name of the Lord; no obstacle will block his mind or body. ||3||

mUM iprIAw sau nyhu ikau sjx imlih ipAwirAw ]
moo(n) pireeaa so naehu kio sajan milehi piaariaa ||
I am in love with my Beloved; how can I meet my Dear Friend?

hau FUFydI iqn sjx sic svwirAw ]
ho dtoodtaedhee thin sajan sach savaariaa ||
I seek that friend, who is embellished with Truth.

siqguru mYfw imqu hY jy imlY q iehu mnu vwirAw ]
sathigur maiddaa mith hai jae milai th eihu man vaariaa ||
The True Guru is my Friend; if I meet Him, I will offer this mind as a sacrifice to Him.

dyNdw mUM ipru dis hir sjxu isrjxhwirAw ]
dhae(n)adhaa moo(n) pir dhas har sajan sirajanehaariaa ||
He has shown me my Beloved Lord, my Friend, the Creator.

nwnk hau ipru BwlI Awpxw siqgur nwil idKwilAw ]4]
naanak ho pir bhaalee aapanaa sathigur naal dhikhaaliaa ||4||
O Nanak, I was searching for my Beloved; the True Guru has shown me that He has been with me all the time. ||4||

Edited by jkvlondon
1 person likes this

10 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I remember someone saying in Katha that simran of the shabad is like the gentle trickle of water on the mountain stone of our minds , the longer the contact/flow the deeper the groove , the deeper the groove the quicker to break the hardness of the mind . I wish you all deep rewarding abihaas in the coming days ...

slok mhlw 4
salok mehalaa 4
Salok, Fourth Mehla:

<> siqgur pRswid ]
ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

vfBwgIAw sohwgxI ijn@w gurmuiK imilAw hir rwie ]
vaddabhaageeaa sohaaganee jinhaa guramukh miliaa har raae ||
Blessed and very fortunate are those happy soul-brides who, as Gurmukh, meet their Sovereign Lord King.

AMqir joiq prgwsIAw nwnk nwim smwie ]1]
a(n)thar joth paragaaseeaa naanak naam samaae ||1||
The Light of God shines within them; O Nanak, they are absorbed in the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

vwhu vwhu siqguru purKu hY ijin scu jwqw soie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur purakh hai jin sach jaathaa soe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, the Primal Being, who has realized the True Lord.

ijqu imilAY iqK auqrY qnu mnu sIqlu hoie ]
jith miliai thikh outharai than man seethal hoe ||
Meeting Him, thirst is quenched, and the body and mind are cooled and soothed.

vwhu vwhu siqguru siq purKu hY ijs no smqu sB koie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur sath purakh hai jis no samath sabh koe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, the True Primal Being, who looks upon all alike.

vwhu vwhu siqguru inrvYru hY ijsu inMdw ausqiq quil hoie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur niravair hai jis ni(n)dhaa ousathath thul hoe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, who has no hatred; slander and praise are all the same to Him.

vwhu vwhu siqguru sujwxu hY ijsu AMqir bRhmu vIcwru ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur sujaan hai jis a(n)thar breham veechaar ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the All-knowing True Guru, who has realized God within.

vwhu vwhu siqguru inrMkwru hY ijsu AMqu n pwrwvwru ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur nira(n)kaar hai jis a(n)th n paaraavaar ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the Formless True Guru, who has no end or limitation.

vwhu vwhu siqgurU hY ij scu idRVwey soie ]
vaahu vaahu sathiguroo hai j sach dhrirraaeae soe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, who implants the Truth within.

nwnk siqgur vwhu vwhu ijs qy nwmu prwpiq hoie ]2]
naanak sathigur vaahu vaahu jis thae naam paraapath hoe ||2||
O Nanak, Blessed and Great is the True Guru, through whom the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is received. ||2||

hir pRB scw soihlw gurmuiK nwmu goivMdu ]
har prabh sachaa sohilaa guramukh naam govi(n)dh ||
For the Gurmukh, the true Song of Praise is to chant the Name of the Lord God.

Anidnu nwmu slwhxw hir jipAw min Awnµdu ]
anadhin naam salaahanaa har japiaa man aana(n)dh ||
Chanting the Praises of the Lord, their minds are in ecstasy.

vfBwgI hir pwieAw pUrn prmwnµdu ]
vaddabhaagee har paaeiaa pooran paramaana(n)dh ||
By great good fortune, they find the Lord, the Embodiment of perfect, supreme bliss.

jn nwnk nwmu slwihAw bhuiV n min qin BMgu ]3]
jan naanak naam salaahiaa bahurr n man than bha(n)g ||3||
Servant Nanak praises the Naam, the Name of the Lord; no obstacle will block his mind or body. ||3||

moo(n) pireeaa so naehu kio sajan milehi piaariaa ||
I am in love with my Beloved; how can I meet my Dear Friend?

hau FUFydI iqn sjx sic svwirAw ]
ho dtoodtaedhee thin sajan sach savaariaa ||
I seek that friend, who is embellished with Truth.

siqguru mYfw imqu hY jy imlY q iehu mnu vwirAw ]
sathigur maiddaa mith hai jae milai th eihu man vaariaa ||
The True Guru is my Friend; if I meet Him, I will offer this mind as a sacrifice to Him.

dyNdw mUM ipru dis hir sjxu isrjxhwirAw ]
dhae(n)adhaa moo(n) pir dhas har sajan sirajanehaariaa ||
He has shown me my Beloved Lord, my Friend, the Creator.

nwnk hau ipru BwlI Awpxw siqgur nwil idKwilAw ]4]
naanak ho pir bhaalee aapanaa sathigur naal dhikhaaliaa ||4||
O Nanak, I was searching for my Beloved; the True Guru has shown me that He has been with me all the time. ||4||

Absolutely a beautiful Shabad.:clap:

Edited by harsharan000

52 minutes ago, harsharan000 said:

Absolutely a beautiful Shabad.:clap:

I couldn't fit the whole in as it very long for this thread but it starts from ang 1421, yes it is very beautiful, Guru ji was answering 'What do I need to know/remember always?'