Which Shabad To Do 125000 Times ?

IF I were you I'd instead study SGGS cover to cover .....

Sure that make sense but make sure you don't read sri guru granth sahib ji with lense of abhramic version of God but traditional nirgun and sargun aspect of Vahiguroo ji...!! :D

If you must read with lense of abhramic version of God, then its best you might as well read- holy bible -jesus and moses :)

oh me jeez.

u all are getin bit hot headed.. just saying..

didnt mean fo peeps to argue about this.

Guru sahibs says.... whats does guru sahib say? Guru ji tells us one thing and one thing only and that is to jaap naam 24/7. Like alias g said do 125,000 times but doesnt mean you stop. You keep going and going.. till you dont merge with akaal purakh.

Gurfateh jee

Sure that make sense but make sure you don't read sri guru granth sahib ji with lense of abhramic version of God but traditional nirgun and sargun aspect of Vahiguroo ji...!!

I'd say do it with an open mind ...( a clean slate ) , be objective .... and do veechar on guru's shabad - sabsai upar gur shabad beechar !

Pray Truth for all and say Satsriakaal,

Dear all,

Please listen. Gurdev is singing.

ਮਿਟਿ ਗਈ ਗਣਤ ਬਿਨਾਸਿਉ ਸੰਸਾ ॥

मिटि गई गणत बिनासिउ संसा ॥

MiTi gaee gaRat binaasi▫o sansaa.

Counting is erased. Doubts are dispelled.

ਨਾਮਿ ਰਤੇ ਜਨ ਭਏ ਭਗਵੰਤਾ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

नामि रते जन भए भगवंता ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Naam rate jan bha▫e bhagvantaa. ||1|| rahaa▫o. SGGS 390-6

Imbued with the Naam, people become bhagvantaa. ||1||Rahaa-o||

Balbir Singh

• 4 years later...

Do the jaap of the Shabad, from which everything else has emerged.

Guru Jee tells us in simple words:

Jap man Satnam, sadhaa Satnam.

What will then happen by doing so?

As the saying goes: Jaisa dhiyayeeh, vaisaa hoeeyah.  As  what you meditate /contemplate on, so you shall become.

So if we meditate on Him, we shall become one with.

What is the purpose of any jaap or paath? Isn´t it pleasing Guru jee? So if He tells us: Jap Man Satnam, sadhaa Satnam, why not follow it implicitly with sharda?

Then it is not to be done at a particular time or place only, but, while walking, eating, drinking, sleeping ....any time, at all times on which mind is free. Of course, one must sit at amritwela for example, and do this bhajan bandagee, but the more one does this jaap, the more His daya meher on us, so why to limit His Bakshish, when He wants to give us His kirpa with both His hands wide open?

Sat Sree Akal.

I remember someone saying in Katha that simran of the shabad is like the gentle trickle of water on the mountain stone of our minds , the longer the contact/flow the deeper the groove , the deeper the groove the quicker to break the hardness of the mind . I wish you all deep rewarding abihaas in the coming days ...

slok mhlw 4
salok mehalaa 4
Salok, Fourth Mehla:

<> siqgur pRswid ]
ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

vfBwgIAw sohwgxI ijn@w gurmuiK imilAw hir rwie ]
vaddabhaageeaa sohaaganee jinhaa guramukh miliaa har raae ||
Blessed and very fortunate are those happy soul-brides who, as Gurmukh, meet their Sovereign Lord King.

AMqir joiq prgwsIAw nwnk nwim smwie ]1]
a(n)thar joth paragaaseeaa naanak naam samaae ||1||
The Light of God shines within them; O Nanak, they are absorbed in the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

vwhu vwhu siqguru purKu hY ijin scu jwqw soie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur purakh hai jin sach jaathaa soe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, the Primal Being, who has realized the True Lord.

ijqu imilAY iqK auqrY qnu mnu sIqlu hoie ]
jith miliai thikh outharai than man seethal hoe ||
Meeting Him, thirst is quenched, and the body and mind are cooled and soothed.

vwhu vwhu siqguru siq purKu hY ijs no smqu sB koie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur sath purakh hai jis no samath sabh koe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, the True Primal Being, who looks upon all alike.

vwhu vwhu siqguru inrvYru hY ijsu inMdw ausqiq quil hoie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur niravair hai jis ni(n)dhaa ousathath thul hoe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, who has no hatred; slander and praise are all the same to Him.

vwhu vwhu siqguru sujwxu hY ijsu AMqir bRhmu vIcwru ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur sujaan hai jis a(n)thar breham veechaar ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the All-knowing True Guru, who has realized God within.

vwhu vwhu siqguru inrMkwru hY ijsu AMqu n pwrwvwru ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur nira(n)kaar hai jis a(n)th n paaraavaar ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the Formless True Guru, who has no end or limitation.

vwhu vwhu siqgurU hY ij scu idRVwey soie ]
vaahu vaahu sathiguroo hai j sach dhrirraaeae soe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, who implants the Truth within.

nwnk siqgur vwhu vwhu ijs qy nwmu prwpiq hoie ]2]
naanak sathigur vaahu vaahu jis thae naam paraapath hoe ||2||
O Nanak, Blessed and Great is the True Guru, through whom the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is received. ||2||

hir pRB scw soihlw gurmuiK nwmu goivMdu ]
har prabh sachaa sohilaa guramukh naam govi(n)dh ||
For the Gurmukh, the true Song of Praise is to chant the Name of the Lord God.

Anidnu nwmu slwhxw hir jipAw min Awnµdu ]
anadhin naam salaahanaa har japiaa man aana(n)dh ||
Chanting the Praises of the Lord, their minds are in ecstasy.

vfBwgI hir pwieAw pUrn prmwnµdu ]
vaddabhaagee har paaeiaa pooran paramaana(n)dh ||
By great good fortune, they find the Lord, the Embodiment of perfect, supreme bliss.

jn nwnk nwmu slwihAw bhuiV n min qin BMgu ]3]
jan naanak naam salaahiaa bahurr n man than bha(n)g ||3||
Servant Nanak praises the Naam, the Name of the Lord; no obstacle will block his mind or body. ||3||

mUM iprIAw sau nyhu ikau sjx imlih ipAwirAw ]
moo(n) pireeaa so naehu kio sajan milehi piaariaa ||
I am in love with my Beloved; how can I meet my Dear Friend?

hau FUFydI iqn sjx sic svwirAw ]
ho dtoodtaedhee thin sajan sach savaariaa ||
I seek that friend, who is embellished with Truth.

siqguru mYfw imqu hY jy imlY q iehu mnu vwirAw ]
sathigur maiddaa mith hai jae milai th eihu man vaariaa ||
The True Guru is my Friend; if I meet Him, I will offer this mind as a sacrifice to Him.

dyNdw mUM ipru dis hir sjxu isrjxhwirAw ]
dhae(n)adhaa moo(n) pir dhas har sajan sirajanehaariaa ||
He has shown me my Beloved Lord, my Friend, the Creator.

nwnk hau ipru BwlI Awpxw siqgur nwil idKwilAw ]4]
naanak ho pir bhaalee aapanaa sathigur naal dhikhaaliaa ||4||
O Nanak, I was searching for my Beloved; the True Guru has shown me that He has been with me all the time. ||4||

10 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

I remember someone saying in Katha that simran of the shabad is like the gentle trickle of water on the mountain stone of our minds , the longer the contact/flow the deeper the groove , the deeper the groove the quicker to break the hardness of the mind . I wish you all deep rewarding abihaas in the coming days ...

slok mhlw 4
salok mehalaa 4
Salok, Fourth Mehla:

<> siqgur pRswid ]
ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||
One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

vfBwgIAw sohwgxI ijn@w gurmuiK imilAw hir rwie ]
vaddabhaageeaa sohaaganee jinhaa guramukh miliaa har raae ||
Blessed and very fortunate are those happy soul-brides who, as Gurmukh, meet their Sovereign Lord King.

AMqir joiq prgwsIAw nwnk nwim smwie ]1]
a(n)thar joth paragaaseeaa naanak naam samaae ||1||
The Light of God shines within them; O Nanak, they are absorbed in the Naam, the Name of the Lord. ||1||

vwhu vwhu siqguru purKu hY ijin scu jwqw soie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur purakh hai jin sach jaathaa soe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, the Primal Being, who has realized the True Lord.

ijqu imilAY iqK auqrY qnu mnu sIqlu hoie ]
jith miliai thikh outharai than man seethal hoe ||
Meeting Him, thirst is quenched, and the body and mind are cooled and soothed.

vwhu vwhu siqguru siq purKu hY ijs no smqu sB koie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur sath purakh hai jis no samath sabh koe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, the True Primal Being, who looks upon all alike.

vwhu vwhu siqguru inrvYru hY ijsu inMdw ausqiq quil hoie ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur niravair hai jis ni(n)dhaa ousathath thul hoe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, who has no hatred; slander and praise are all the same to Him.

vwhu vwhu siqguru sujwxu hY ijsu AMqir bRhmu vIcwru ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur sujaan hai jis a(n)thar breham veechaar ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the All-knowing True Guru, who has realized God within.

vwhu vwhu siqguru inrMkwru hY ijsu AMqu n pwrwvwru ]
vaahu vaahu sathigur nira(n)kaar hai jis a(n)th n paaraavaar ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the Formless True Guru, who has no end or limitation.

vwhu vwhu siqgurU hY ij scu idRVwey soie ]
vaahu vaahu sathiguroo hai j sach dhrirraaeae soe ||
Waaho! Waaho! Blessed and Great is the True Guru, who implants the Truth within.

nwnk siqgur vwhu vwhu ijs qy nwmu prwpiq hoie ]2]
naanak sathigur vaahu vaahu jis thae naam paraapath hoe ||2||
O Nanak, Blessed and Great is the True Guru, through whom the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is received. ||2||

hir pRB scw soihlw gurmuiK nwmu goivMdu ]
har prabh sachaa sohilaa guramukh naam govi(n)dh ||
For the Gurmukh, the true Song of Praise is to chant the Name of the Lord God.

Anidnu nwmu slwhxw hir jipAw min Awnµdu ]
anadhin naam salaahanaa har japiaa man aana(n)dh ||
Chanting the Praises of the Lord, their minds are in ecstasy.

vfBwgI hir pwieAw pUrn prmwnµdu ]
vaddabhaagee har paaeiaa pooran paramaana(n)dh ||
By great good fortune, they find the Lord, the Embodiment of perfect, supreme bliss.

jn nwnk nwmu slwihAw bhuiV n min qin BMgu ]3]
jan naanak naam salaahiaa bahurr n man than bha(n)g ||3||
Servant Nanak praises the Naam, the Name of the Lord; no obstacle will block his mind or body. ||3||

moo(n) pireeaa so naehu kio sajan milehi piaariaa ||
I am in love with my Beloved; how can I meet my Dear Friend?

hau FUFydI iqn sjx sic svwirAw ]
ho dtoodtaedhee thin sajan sach savaariaa ||
I seek that friend, who is embellished with Truth.

siqguru mYfw imqu hY jy imlY q iehu mnu vwirAw ]
sathigur maiddaa mith hai jae milai th eihu man vaariaa ||
The True Guru is my Friend; if I meet Him, I will offer this mind as a sacrifice to Him.

dyNdw mUM ipru dis hir sjxu isrjxhwirAw ]
dhae(n)adhaa moo(n) pir dhas har sajan sirajanehaariaa ||
He has shown me my Beloved Lord, my Friend, the Creator.

nwnk hau ipru BwlI Awpxw siqgur nwil idKwilAw ]4]
naanak ho pir bhaalee aapanaa sathigur naal dhikhaaliaa ||4||
O Nanak, I was searching for my Beloved; the True Guru has shown me that He has been with me all the time. ||4||

Absolutely a beautiful Shabad.:clap: