Simiran Techniques

Guest ScorpionKing

http://abhiyaas.blog...-do-simran.html

Daas feels very upset when ‘Amritdhari Gursikhs’ approach to me and ask ‘how do we do simran?’ Worst of all is when these Gursikhs have been Amritdhari for some time. Majority of the time Daas is led to believe it is not all their fault. Sikhi is a very spiritual religion, infact, probably the most spiritual religion ever created and ever to be created. However, how can we be spiritual and call ourselves Gursikhs without meditation (Simran).

Ik Pal Khin Visrehi Too(n) Suaamee Jaanao Baras Pachaasaa

If I were to forget You, for a moment, even for an instant, O Lord Master, it would be like fifty years for me.

Daas’ opinion is when Abhilaakees (Candidates for Amrit) go to take Amrit, it is the duty of the Panj Piaare (Five beloved ones) to teach these Gursikhs how to do Simran and the Panj Piaare should also be Jeevan vale Singhs, Abhiyaasee Singhs, (very spiritual). This is so they can inform the Abhilaakees about ups and downs that they may face in their lives, different stages of spirituality, Amritvela, Athai Pehar Simran (24 hours simran) etc, so, the Abhilaakees get a fine idea that the path they are going to tread on is not easy and it is the strict path of meditation, leading us in reunion with Vahiguroo again.

Daas is a firm believer in sharing Spiritual wisdom, as it improves our Jeevan (life) and someone else’s Jeevan aswell.

Aap Japo, Avraa Naam Japaavo

(Meditate yourself and inspire others to meditate).

HOW TO MEDITATE

If we have not been taught how to meditate by the Panj Piaare, Daas recommends one should go and present ourselves (pesh) to the five beloved ones, as they will teach us meditation. Daas know of one Jathebandee that carry’s out this type of practice, namely the Akhand Keertanee Jathaa, there may be more. All Panthik Panj Piaare should carry out this type of practice, for the upliftment of the Panth.

BASICS OF SIMRAN First of all we meditate out loud using our lips and tongue, as you can imagine this type of practice can not be carried out 24 hours a day (Athai Pehar).

KhaR Dargaihi Painaaeeai Mukh Har Naam Nivaas

They are dressed in robes of honor in the Court of the Lord; the Name of the Lord

is on their lips. 3

Secondly comes Swaas Swaas Simran. This is what the five beloved ones teach us, even this practice becomes difficult do 24 hours a day, because of worldly affairs etc. Bhai Raghbir Singh Bir, in Bandginama, talks about this practice, he says, “When you say Vah you breathe in and when you say Guroo you breathe out”

Saahi Saahi Thujh Sunmulaa Kudhae Na Visaaraeo

With each and every breath, I dwell upon You; I shall never forget You.

Third comes meditating in the mind and contemplating the Shabad. So, basically listening to the Mantar and contemplating it at the same time, this can only be achieved through dedication and plenty practice. When we contemplate the Shabad we think about how beautiful Vahiguroo is and he created this beautiful creation, automatically ‘Vah Vah’ (Great, Great) comes out of our mouth; this naturally gives us Naam Ras, Prem Ras, Amrit Ras. Daas will write about this subject in depth later on. Now this is the time we can do Simran Athai Pehar (24 hours) without anyone knowing what is going on inside, but we are in total ecstasy, people will know there is something different about us but they will not know what, as their spirits will be attracted to ours without their body knowing. AURA ENERGY PRESENCE.

Gurmukh Man Samjhaaeeai Aatham Raam Beechaar

The Gurmukhs train their minds to contemplate the Lord, the Supreme Soul. 2

Then comes the fourth stage when the concentration of the Shabad goes in to the Dasam Duaar, this is an amazing stage because life becomes very easy and meditation carries on by itself in Sehaj (peace). We just accept Guroo Sahibs Bhaana (will) as sweet, our mind is not affected by any negative thoughts or actions at all just Anand and Sehaj (peace and poise) total contentment. The concentration has reached the crown Chakraa and there is no coming back down, total upliftment. This stage comes with Mahaaraj’s blessings and past Karam (deeds) plus plenty of Abhiyaas.

Hirdhae Pargaas Giaan Gur Gunmith Gagan Manddal Mehi Dhiaanaanaa

My heart is illuminated by spiritual wisdom; meeting the Guru, I meditate in the Sky of the Tenth Gate.

Oodh Kaval Jis Hoe Pargaasaa Tin Sarab Niranjan Deethaa Jeeo

Those, whose inverted lotus of the crown chakra is illuminated, see the Immaculate Lord everywhere.

Daas would just like to finish off by saying Simran in Sikhi is not about technique for meditation, it is about loving the Lord Vahiguroo and what he created.

I would advise you to:

> Close your eyes

> Focus/Listen to yourself saying 'Vaheguru'

This helps me alot and you should try breathing techniques e.g. say Vah when Inhaling and Guru when Exhaling.

+1 this is what gurbani says how to do simran

Questions for the Akhand Keertanee Jatha Singhs:

1) Why isit any other puratan jatha bandi does not give simran in a similar manner? (the taksals, nihang dals, and other jatha bandiya whos amrit sanchar are all very similar, in terms of naam, rehat and everything in the sanchaar.

2) who did satkaar yog, bhai sahib bhai randheer singh jee recieve gurmat naam from? are they the ones who brang about/revived this method? then who did they get it of too be revived?

3) Where in our ithiaas is such method mentioned or even hinted towards ( and i dnt mean just panktiaan with suaas suaas i mean zikar of gurooguroo)

You may answer this as it was all gupt, then the question a naturally arises; then as far as i know the amrit sanchaar was also gupt, then how isit that all jathabandiya practice one thing and the akhand keertanee jatha another (esp since the jatha has been around hardly 100years (if that?)); so the naam given by jatha is it puratan or new?

Pls can I have referenced replys (from ithaas, not bhai sahib jees books, but more like sooraj prakaash, panth prakaash, mehima prakaash, janamsakis, gur bilaas, gur sobha, sau/panj sakhi etc etc)

If the Admin deems necessary pls start a new topic.

Note regarding myself, I have been to Akhand Keertanee Jathaa amrit sanchaar, so know exactly how it is, i have also partaken in amrit sanchaars taken place in Harianvela Dal and DDT.

I await a response.

Dhanvaadh.

Gupto Jee,

Any method that you use to meditate upon Naam-Waheguru is simran, any jugti that one decides to take will be a decision left to the individiual but most importantly the method of recitation of Waheguru will begin to develop and change as you reach higher avasthas. The naam jugthi that is taught at amrit sanchars is not of great importance in my opinion because this is a just method for you to begin at and develop on, the most important thing is that naam is given at all amrit sanchars irrelevant of which jatha is taking the seva....

The jugthi promoted by Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh was a method of japping naam which made it easier and simpler for a person to bring Gurmantar from recitation from the mouth to the heart centre...leading to saas giraas simran, letting the individual savour the sweetness of naam throughout the day and letting one listen to the dhuni of Waheguru....

As I've mentioned before as long as naam is given at amrit sanchars, the method shouldn't be debated as naam is naam and simran is simran at the end of the day. In addition to this, although many amrit sanchars do not give this method of simran, this is not relevant since as a gursikh continues to work hard at his abiyaas he will find that he goes beyond all these methods of simran and reaches a new profound level of simran.

This is just what I've gathered, forgive me for any mistakes.

The naam jugthi that is taught at amrit sanchars is not of great importance in my opinion because this is a just method for you to begin at and develop on, the most important thing is that naam is given at all amrit sanchars irrelevant of which jatha is taking the seva....

So you're saying something that the Guru teaches you is not of great importance? That's like saying Gurbani is not of great importance.

Yes every amrit sanchar tells people that the gumrantar is naam but as they say, whats the point of being given keys to a mercedes if you don't know how to drive it? The Guru doesn't give an incomplete gift, he gives you naam and tells you what to do with it.

Obviously all amrit is equal, but while recieving that amrit, the most important thing is to learn how to implement what the Guru has just taught you, i.e. how to do simran.

The jugthi promoted by Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh was a method of japping naam which made it easier and simpler for a person to bring Gurmantar from recitation from the mouth to the heart centre...leading to saas giraas simran, letting the individual savour the sweetness of naam throughout the day and letting one listen to the dhuni of Waheguru....

I don't know what this mouth and heart centre business is about, its certainly not any jugti that Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh Ji 'promoted' or that is given in amrit sanchars organised by AKJ.

As I've mentioned before as long as naam is given at amrit sanchars, the method shouldn't be debated as naam is naam and simran is simran at the end of the day. In addition to this, although many amrit sanchars do not give this method of simran, this is not relevant since as a gursikh continues to work hard at his abiyaas he will find that he goes beyond all these methods of simran and reaches a new profound level of simran.

Naam is naam, but as I've mentioned before, the Guru also needs to tell you how to jap naam, at the end of the day. How will the gursikh work hard at his abhiyaas if he doesn't even know how to do it?

Yes eventually all methods are gone, but the very first stage requires a process (technique), and this process is taught to us by Guru Sahib in the form of the Panj pyare.

Don't listen to anyone, use your intuition, listen to your heart and do what feels true.

Im not trying to be rude, just to point out that people with these few are so fail imo, why would Guru shaibs go to such extents to teach how to meditate and talk to us about all the stages which come from doing abiaas, if all we need to guide us is *what we feel is right*.... Just think there are 5 vices in side of us i dont think anyone here has seen them, then if there un seen then how does 1 tackle them.. Well you go to someone who has and has defeated the Punj Choor, the biggest mistake people make is they think that there opinion on Matters of the Devine matter, im sorry they dont the rules and the Techniques to win this game have been laid out. So do yourself a favor and give up your smartness and follow Sat Guru Granth Shaib, as all the answers are within the writings of the gurus