What Is Sachkhand And How Does It Look Like

scooter

Can anyone explain me that is sachkhand a place like earth where singhs are gathered. I mean does people can see each other. Or its beyond explanantion. Is it like earth or sky or what. Does people move there or sit there. I remember one some singh show me some person who sometime go to sachkhand for kirtan. I don't know if e was right or not. Some having heard from mahapurush about that??

This is an extremely important question.

Sackhand is the ultimate destination for a Gursikh just like heaven/jannat is the ultimate destination for christians and muslims. Every religion has some sort of spiritual destination. Also every religion will put certain restrictions on who can enter this spiritual destination. Likewise for Gursikhs the fundamental pre-requisites will include first of all taking amrit, then maintaining rehit, doing paath and kirtan and so on.

As for what Sachkhand is or what it looks like is beyond the capacity of our minds to comprehend. It is impossible to describe the realm of Sachkhand because for one it is not made of maya ie physical elements yet it does exist. Many Gursikhs claim that the 5 khands mentioned in sri Jap ji sahib are spiritual stages and not realms.

However if you read sri Jap ji sahib, countless bhagats reside in Karam Khand this Khand is right before Sach Khand:

ਤਿਥੈ ਭਗਤ ਵਸਹਿ ਕੇ ਲੋਅ

Ŧithai bẖagaṯ vasėh ke lo▫a.

The devotees of many worlds dwell there.

Unfortunately, this topic has not been covered in the required depth by Sikh writers. Many have come to the conclusion that the khands are just spiritual stages whereas bhai Randhir Singh ji has clearly stated that the 5 khands actually exist. Also I think bhai sahib writes that one can have experience of Sachkhand in this world through the dasam duar, but this requires maintaining rehit and immense meditation on Naam and Gurbani.

We need more literature and research into such topics as the 5 khands, sachkhand and so on.

Quote:

Sachkand is a place where God resides, which is everywhere, as written in Japi shaib.

All the khands, planets, universes...... are contained within Sachkhand but this does not mean everywhere is Sachkhand. Sachkhand is a realm in which there is no sorrow, pain or worries, this world in which we live sorrow and pain is everywhere, sri bhagat Ravidas ji ang 345:

ਬੇਗਮਪੁਰਾਸਹਰਕੋਨਾਉ

Begam purā sahar ko nā▫o.

Baygumpura, 'the city without sorrow', is the name of the town

ਦੂਖੁ ਅੰਦੋਹੁ ਨਹੀ ਤਿਹਿ ਠਾਉ

Ḏūkẖ anḏohu nahī ṯihi ṯẖā▫o.

There is no suffering or anxiety there

Rabb Rakhe

It is best to read Bhai Randhir Singh's small book "sachkhand darshan" which talks about all 5 khands with proof from gurbani. Those in lower spirtuality make wrong statments like sachkhand is also on this earth. Imagine if akal purkah was like a sun. The light rays (prakaash) of sun goes to all planets in the solar system and these rays travel several millions of miles. But the physical sun is still millions of miles away. Same way waheguru is everywhere (his prakaash) but like the physical sun is very far away same way "home" of waheguru "sachkhand" is also very far from us. Here is description of sachkand (sookh mehal) in gurbani:

sUhI mhlw 5 ]

soohee mehalaa 5 |

Soohee, Fifth Mehl:

sUK mhl jw ky aUc duAwry ]

sookh mehal jaa kae ooch dhuaarae |

His Mansions are so comfortable, and His gates are so lofty.

qw mih vwsih Bgq ipAwry ]1]

thaa mehi vaasehi bhagath piaarae |1|

Within them, His beloved devotees dwell. ||1||

shj kQw pRB kI Aiq mITI ]

sehaj kathaa prabh kee ath meethee |

The Natural Speech of God is so very sweet.

ivrlY kwhU nyqRhu fITI ]1] rhwau ]

viralai kaahoo naethrahu ddeethee |1| rehaao |

How rare is that person, who sees it with his eyes. ||1||Pause||

qh gIq nwd AKwry sMgw ]

theh geeth naadh akhaarae sangaa |

There, in the arena of the congregation, the divine music of the Naad, the sound current, is sung.

aUhw sMq krih hir rMgw ]2]

oohaa santh karehi har rangaa |2|

There, the Saints celebrate with their Lord. ||2||

qh mrxu n jIvxu sogu n hrKw ]

theh maran n jeevan sog n harakhaa |

Neither birth nor death is there, neither pain nor pleasure.

swc nwm kI AMimRq vrKw ]3]

saach naam kee anmrith varakhaa |3|

The Ambrosial Nectar of the True Name rains down there. ||3||

guhj kQw ieh gur qy jwxI ]

guhaj kathaa eih gur thae jaanee |

From the Guru, I have come to know the mystery of this speech.

nwnku bolY hir hir bwxI ]4]6]12]

naanak bolai har har baanee |4|6|12|

Nanak speaks the Bani of the Lord, Har, Har. ||4||6||12||

In my opinion which is steaming from puratan nirmale samparda saints who have studied and experienced sikh theology eg - sant isher singh ji rara sahib tapes/dairy, sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale books, audio interviews.

Gurbani supports meta reality:

Bhai sahib randhir singh ji anubhav(experienced) and wrote what he felt, he is probably right within his own surti.

Please read this discussion between Kulbir singh and I on gurbani supports meta reality: http://www.tapoban.o...read.php?1,4508 .... It's quite long...take a time to read this.

It's very good topic. This is very first question i asked sant jagjit singh ji harkhowale as well:

Audio interview: http://www.gurmatvee...ons_and_Answers (2007 folder)

English translation:

source: http://www.sikhaware...-ji-harkhowale/

1. What is sachkhand? is sachkhand a place as beleived by nanaksar samparda - physical place or a state of mind/nirvakalap samadi beleived by nirmale upsamparda of bhai dya singh ji?

- Sant ji said that nanaksar beleif in sachkhand being sargun place (one place), and hoti mardan samparda beleived in nirvakalap samadhi/sarab vyapak. He said bhagat who does sargun upasana of guru nanak dev sees guru nanak dev ji being in sachkhand also have same avastha as bhramgyani of nirgun upasak, only difference nirgun upasak see sachkhand being sarab vyapak(seeing bhram everywhere/everything) but sargun upasak sees an certain place, person as vahiguroo in one set place, sargun upasak also merges with nirankar with an help of sargun vahiguroo. However, nirgun upasana(vairaat) is higher than sargun upasana, nirgun upasana should be ultimate goal. There is no difference in avastha, however sargun upasak of sri guru nanak dev ji eventually either by himself or by sri guru nanak dev ji get their birthi livleen(merge) in nirgun. Where there is no shabad, no dhuni nothing just full nirvakalp samadhi with nirgun paratma.

bhai N30 Singh jeeo

That vichar with bhai Kulbir Singh ji was very good, I have read it before.

After doing some research it seems as if that samprdaee Gursikhs lean towards the 5 Khands being an avastha. Also scholars and professors such as prof Sahib Singh ji and prof Teja Singh ji think of the 5 Khands as an avastha/stage of spirituality. I am not 100% sure on Taksals view on the 5 Khands.

I think that bhai Vir Singh ji however refers to the Khands as realms/places like bhai Randhir Singh ji.

I think that the Khands beyond Gyan Khand are not made with the same materials as the universe around us ie physical elements. However the amazing thing about realms like Karam khand and Sachkhand is that although they are not material they have a moorat (image) that one can see and experience just like in this universe. Also bhai Randhir Singh mentions that Sachkhand is more populated than the universe in which we reside. This is an amazing concept.

I agree with bhai sahib description of the 5 khands being realms rather than spiritual stages. However I have full respect for other views on this subject.

One thing is for sure, to reach SachKhand we have to break our bonds with maya and do more bhagti (kirtan, paath and simran). Immense naam simran is the only means to this spiritual destination.

Quote:

Osingh what do you mean that not everywhere is sachkand, are you trying to say there is a place where God doesnt not reside, i think you need to re-think that.

What I am trying to say is that all the Khands are contained within SachKhand. However Sachkhand itself is a seperate location where bhagats who have done the required seva reside. That is why in this Khand there is no lies, deceit, pain, sorrow like in this world. This is because only bhagats reside here, those that have beaten the panj chor and have naam simran going on 24/7 within. In the world we currently reside such bhagats are extremely rare and that is why there is so much dukh (pain) and paap (sins). This earth is drowning in the dark ocean of the panj chor. Surely in SachKhand there is only pure Anand (bliss) everywhere. I agree that Akal Purakh resides everywhere, but this does not mean therefore that everywhere is SachKhand, in my opinion.

This is a complicated subject beyond my lowly intelligence.

What's amazing is that 100s years have passed since sri Guru Nanak Dev ji uttered this great bani (sri Jap ji). Yet still no-one can comprehend it. Dhan! Guru Nanak Dev ji!

Rabb Rakhe

In sant isher singh rara sahibs aatmic bachans he says Sachkand is not a place but the end of ego. It is nirvkalap samadhi here one completely disappears. Only God is left

audios / Katha / Puratan Katha / Sant Ishar Singh (Rara Sahib wale) /

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/01_Puratan_Katha/Sant_Ishar_Singh_%28Rara_Sahib_wale%29/Aatamik_Bachan/Sant.Ishar.Singh.%28Rara.Sahib.wale%29--Aatamik.Bachan.01.mp3

ਕਬੀਰ ਤੂੰ ਤੂੰ ਕਰਤਾ ਤੂ ਹੂਆ ਮੁਝ ਮਹਿ ਰਹਾ ਨ ਹੂੰ ॥ਜਬ ਆਪਾ ਪਰ ਕਾ ਮਿਟਿ ਗਇਆ ਜਤ ਦੇਖਉ ਤਤ ਤੂ

Once the ego 'you' do not remain as the above tuk says then only God remains.

Where there is a you then there is no god or sachkand hence if it were a place you would not be aware of it.

Giani Thakur Singh Damdami taksaal Says:

http://www.gurmatvee...katha.php?k=gts

audios / Katha / Present Day Katha / Giani Thakur Singh (Patiala wale) /

Bhai Dya Singh Ji (One of the panj pyarea) Discourse to the sangat

Source: Sri Gurpartap Soraj Parkash Granth by Mahan Kavi Bhai Sahib Santokh Singh Ji.

8. Samadhi is basically when one sits in meditation and contemplates on vahiguroo's name.

There are two types of samadhi.

Sivakalap Samadh and Nirvakalap Samadhi

Sivakalap Samadhi: In this samadhi, one encounters little thoughts coming in during the meditation, one knows about their existance, time, place, surronding etc. Even when one is meditating on trikurti(3rd chakar), they are still in sivakalap samadhi since in that state, there is still knowledge of existence, three things- awareness of self existence, Vahiguroo, and third is- actual gyan, information being heard or seen through expereinces in 3rd chakar. In other words, there is still knowledge of that I exist despite of ego being destroyed and there is still knowledge of - I am contemplating on Vahiguroo and third is - information being heard or seen through expereinces in 3rd chakar. (Gyan) is still there. Although in this stage person is merging slowly with vahiguroo however this samadhi is not final because there is still thoughst coming in and out.

Nirvakalp Samadhi- This samadhi is final stage, one don't know if breath is coming in or out, one does not know if you are sitting or standing, does know how long it's being, one don't know even if they exist or not. When there is no knowledge of all three things exist in sivakalap samadhi and there is only contemplation- Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi Tuhi. That is called- Nirvakalap Samadhi.

Hence one does not exist only God is and you are him - he is the only truth. It can't be a place because you wouldn't notice it because you can't even notice yourself hence notice a place. - This is called having NO EGO.

After doing some research it seems as if that samprdaee Gursikhs lean towards the 5 Khands being an avastha. Also scholars and professors such as prof Sahib Singh ji and prof Teja Singh ji think of the 5 Khands as an avastha/stage of spirituality. I am not 100% sure on Taksals view on the 5 Khands.

I was in bit of dilemma myself regarding this subject in the past. After carefully reading dairies of sant baba isher singh ji rara sahib and doing vichar with senior gurmukhs who have studied gurmat all their life, and spent time with sangat of mahapursh, it all came down to individual surti's and experience. If abhyaasi surti is sargun in nature, they will perceive sachkhand as an place, but if abhyaasi surti is aligned with nirgun in nature, its anubhavi avasta- cannot be described. Regardless of abhyaasi surti be it nirgun and sargun, the fact is vahiguroo is both nirgun and sargun. So it does not matter, how one perceives it, we all should be glad - there is no "satanism" concept in Sikhism, at the end of day regardless, we will merge with Vahiguroo (ocean) either via nirgun nirvakalap samadhi or via sargun grace on sargun place (meta reality based on one's perception). It's like river - be it on straight path or path with many turns eventually will merge with an (maha anand- ocean)

• 2 weeks later...

My brother N30S1ngh,

Sant Jagjit Singh vichaar are very far from gurmat, like many other sants. If I could do sangat with Sant ji I would consider myself vadbhagi and enjoy my time doing paath with him etc I've heard he does good amout of kmayee and has good personal qualities. However I would have to ignore his main views like you should do so also. Typical chelas will rather believe their sants over gurbani causing them to become beymukh. I read a trasncript of a q and a with sant ji and there are many things I didn't agree on. Now the thing is you and I can provide many tuks and intrepret them our ways so I wont argue over those several points. However there are cases where it's so obvious that a particular point of a sant is against gurbani that I find it amazing how their chelas chose to believe their sant instead.

One obvious point where this sant ji is wrong:

The interviewer asked Sant Jagjit Singh about how krishana has been talked about very negatively in places in dasam granth. Sant ji completly ignored this point and said Krishna resides in sachkhand. Firstly sant ji should have been humble enough to accept krishna has been protrayed negatively at times but the absurd notion that sri krishna resides in sachkhand boggles the mind when one does even very basic research on gurbani. Firstly there are coutless krishnas but we on this particular planet and this partiulcar cycle of jugs, only know of one. This is cleary stated in japji sahib. No way does krishna reside in sachkhand. Read the gyan khand pauri and you see krishna along with countless other krishna beings reside in gyaan khand. How can you dispute this clear gurbani bachan in jap ji sahib! This proves that sants and gursikhs may reach an avastha and mistake it for sackhand, but in reality are very far from sookhmehal/saach mehal/sachkhand.

Everything happens in Akal's hukum so it was destined that you have a mindset more like a samprada sikh and that's fine, but alteast have the intelligence to follow the best sant out of all sants in sampradas. This surely would be Sant Gurbachan Singh? Focus on his vichaar if you wish to follow any sants. My personal favourite sant is Sant Attar Singh followed by Sant Gurbachan Singh, but from a samprada point of view surely Sant Gurbhacan has most gyaan and tons of kmayee?

Of course I have my disagreements with Taksaal and rest such as raag mala, kakar issue, but these are just physical marada differences. Apart from these little things Sant Gurbachan Singh kept full rehit while also doing alot of kmayee.