Jews And Sikhs

hgsingh

Jews are some of the most greediest people I have came across my life time. They believe they were "god's chosen people" and the more wealth they accumulate the more they are closer to god. Alot of them are weak and lack testerone is which probably the other reason why they are so cunning.

How are Jews greedy? just because they stand up for their kind and not take the crap that they were forced to take for centuries? Can you provide a quote from the Jewish scripture which says that Jews beleive they will be more closer to God if they accumulate wealth. And no they are not weak, they have been kicking the entire middle eastern armies in all the wars they have had with the Muslims based on their fighting ability not cunningness. You need to get your head out of Christian and Islamic extremist propaganda and see the things for what they are.

As for greed and being cunning, the most greedy and cunning people I have personally seen are our own people. I have seen how apnay kill and do fraud with their own brothers over Jameen/farm land. I have seen now apnay take tens of Lakhs of rupees from a girl's family during marriage without any guilt. I have seen apnay killing their baby daughter because they don't want to spend money on dowry during the future of their daughter's marriage. I have seen apnay pulling apnay down just to see themselves succeed. Where to even begin with the legendary greediness of apnay?

Jews and Sikhs are joined at the hip. Closer than you could ever imagine. Just to add to the points already made about our closeness we should also remember the Jewish concept of the turban as the crowning glory. It is part of the Jewish scriptures that jews must always wrap a turban around their head to crown their glory. Unfortunately, when the muslims invaded jeruselum for the 3rd time, the only way that the Jews of Jeruselum could avoid slaughter was by agreeing to the Pact of Omar. As Mohammed had borrowed alot from the Jewish faith he stated that all muslims must wear a turban. As such, the Pact of Omar proclaimed that from then on it was forbidden for any Jew to wear a turban as it was the mark of a muslim. After thousands of years in the wilderness it has been difficult if not impossible for modern day jews to go back to that now. But...let us not forget that it is a fundamental aspect of Judaism which the rabbis recognise.

Now....someone said they are greedy. They certainly ain't greedy. They're just good and clever. At the tuen of the century they were the hoodlums, gangsters and boxers in the slums of London's east end and New York's lower east side. They wanted better for their children and they made better for their children. We have much to learn from them. Unlike them....our ambition has had limits in that even after 60 years we're still living in those same bad inner city neighbourhoods our grandparents came to out of majboori.

Honestly, as a Sikh I feel closer to the Jew than I do with any other religion.

The christian church have used jews as scape goats for hundreds of years along with muslims

And to continue to attack jews the christian church would talk about what jesus said about the rich and money being evil and the jews were always hard working and successful so ppl would cal them greedy

The christian church have used jews as scape goats for hundreds of years along with muslims

And to continue to attack jews the christian church would talk about what jesus said about the rich and money being evil and the jews were always hard working and successful so ppl would cal them greedy

Well the 'christians' as you describe them hgsingh, only exist due to their self interest in abandoning the jews to their death. You see, Jesus himself was a very very pious and religious Jew. You can see that in the way he went to the temple of the mount to confront the money lenders. He cared so much about his religion ; Judaism, that he couldn't stand to see the way it was being distorted at the temple. He himself, was a true Jewish believer and never once proclaimed a new, seperate, different religion. Even centuries after his death his followers were known as the Jewish sect of the Nazerines. they were just one of many accepted Jewish sects. Then came another muslim invasion of Jeruselum. All Jews were ordered to be expelled from jeruselum. To save themselves, the Nazarenes said "let us stay......we're not Jews....we're a bit different.....we're followers of christ". Thus.......the Nazarenes, for their own self interest....created their own seperate religion simply to be able to stay in Jeruselum. Thats hardly a great foundation for a religion in anybody's book. Once they held the power in Jeruselum they set about treating jews most harshly and have been doing so ever since. One doesn't even need to look to Jeruselum to see the cruelty. Closer to home....on 2 occassions, the last time by Queen Elizabeth, every Jew was rounded up and expelled from England. In fact, throughout history, the muslims have actually treated the Jew much better than the christians have.

There is actually a historical lesson for us Sikhs there. What I mean by this is that we constantly go on about how badly the muslims treated us but....because we are under this false illusion of friendship....we fail to notice how it has, in fact, been Hindus that have been trying to destroy us since the very beginning.

Guest KopSingh

I think as Sikhs we can learn not only from Jews but also from the Muslims. From Jews we can learn to stick together and help each other. From the Muslims we can learn to grow our community. The Muslims are growing for a number of reasons, mainly because of their healthy birth rate and their missionary activity. We Sikhs should also try to increase our birth rate since we are a far behind both Hindus and Muslims in this regard plus we need to start doing parchaar to non Sikhs. We should be at least double our current numbers.

regarding high birth rates n missionary i agree with you. during the british rule over panjab, particularly 1900' onwards, sikhs had the highest birth rates n highest number of converts too, so if we could get back to that, it wud b gud init. i can PM u the website showin these figures of rise, and other very fascinating stuff from a guy 'gopal kirshan' bowt the demographics of panjab (1849-1947).

Guest KopSingh

There is actually a historical lesson for us Sikhs there. What I mean by this is that we constantly go on about how badly the muslims treated us but....because we are under this false illusion of friendship....we fail to notice how it has, in fact, been Hindus that have been trying to destroy us since the very beginning.

yes yes West London Singh - i totally agree wit ur last comment on the last post, regarding hindus trying to destroy sikhi. have u heard the latest crap now from hindutva groups, particularly on youtube, who claim that banda singh bahadur was NOT a sikh, but a hindu rajput warrior?? this claim is old i kno, but the newer one now is how hari singh nalwa was a hindu?? :wow: :wow:

also remember, who ran to jahangir to order punishment on guru arjan dev? a hindu, who accepted the 2 smaller sahibzadas and mata gujri in his house for protection but ran off and snitched to wazir khan who executed them? a hindu, it was the Dogras betrayed sikh empire, who were hindu, haryana was formed because hindus lied on the census form during the 60s. these hindus always keep tellin us how r gurus r hindus, which is so repetitive its kinda boring man.

here's a quote of guru arjan dev ji, which should shut lots of mugs up. -"I have broken with the Hindu and the Muslim, I will not worship with the Hindu nor like the Muslim go to Mecca, I shall serve God and no other. I will not pray to idols nor say the Muslim prayer. I shall put my heart at the feet of the One Supreme Being, For we are neither Hindus nor Mussalmans"

to all those PC ppl on these forums who may get their kachha in a twist reading my and West London Singh's comments, accept the truth.

regarding high birth rates n missionary i agree with you. during the british rule over panjab, particularly 1900' onwards, sikhs had the highest birth rates n highest number of converts too, so if we could get back to that, it wud b gud init. i can PM u the website showin these figures of rise, and other very fascinating stuff from a guy 'gopal kirshan' bowt the demographics of panjab (1849-1947).

That's interesting. I know from my own family and from other people's family that 2 generations back (grand parents) Sikhs had a pretty healthy birth rate. Because of the positive birthrate of the Sikhs, Master Tara Singh was confident that the Sikhs would eventually form the majority of Punjab(at the time Punjab also included Haryana, Himachal, Chandigarh). Then came the baby boomer generation in which Sikhs began having a very low birth rate and Sikh growth lost it's momentum. All the subsequent generations have just followed the bad example set by the baby boomer generation. After 1984 Sikh leaders had even announced at the Akal Takht that Sikh families should have 5 children even though that was not followed by most but still Sikh population did increase it's percentage in the overall population of Punjab despite the blood bath Sikhs endured during the 80 and early 90s and the migration to Canada/America during those years. But it has decreased now again.

Sikhs need to start thinking about family and children again. Studies have shown that larger families tend to be more religious and less selfish. I'm not saying people should have 9 children but a minimum of 3+ children average should be must. That is above replacement level and will also insure growth for the community.

And please PM me your info.

Guest KopSingh

That's interesting. I know from my own family and from other people's family that 2 generations back (grand parents) Sikhs had a pretty healthy birth rate. Because of the positive birthrate of the Sikhs, Master Tara Singh was confident that the Sikhs would eventually form the majority of Punjab(at the time Punjab also included Haryana, Himachal, Chandigarh). Then came the baby boomer generation in which Sikhs began having a very low birth rate and Sikh growth lost it's momentum. All the subsequent generations have just followed the bad example set by the baby boomer generation. After 1984 Sikh leaders had even announced at the Akal Takht that Sikh families should have 5 children even though that was not followed by most but still Sikh population did increase it's percentage in the overall population of Punjab despite the blood bath Sikhs endured during the 80 and early 90s and the migration to Canada/America during those years. But it has decreased now again.

Sikhs need to start thinking about family and children again. Studies have shown that larger families tend to be more religious and less selfish. I'm not saying people should have 9 children but a minimum of 3+ children average should be must. That is above replacement level and will also insure growth for the community.

And please PM me your info.

hey bro, instead of PM ing u, il put it up here so others can read it, i dont kno bowt any one else, but i found it incredibly fascinating, as we were not born in those times.

here it is - make sure u guys have pdf reader. http://www.global.ucsb.edu/punjab/journal_11_1/6_krishan.pdf