Dr. Sukhpreet Singh Udoke On Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Ji

Mehtab Singh

Casting doubts on bani of founder of khalsa is definitely the greatest anti sikh act one can commit.It is balsphemy. The topic relates to that. Let us not sidetarck this issue.Does he know this or not that dasam granth has been standardized. Pl show him this

http://www.sridasamg...port/4527711437

With the beginning of the Singh Sabha movement in the late nineteenth century, scholars directed their attention toward the religious scriptures and Sikh history. The Gurmat Granth Parcharak Sabha Amritsar collected 32 copies of the Dasam Granth. After five years of deliberations in the second floor of Sri Akal Takht, Amritsar, these eminent scholars clarified the differences in the birs and published their report in 1897 A.D. In accordance with that report, the present form of the Dasam Granth came into existence. The banis included in it are as follows:

In the above report, Giani Sardul Singh—the scholar who was charged with writing the committee report—agreed that the whole Dasam Granth is written by Guru Gobind Singh, and all doubts were ended. Nevertheless, sometimes sceptical articles continued to be written. Replies were then given by Sikh scholars.

GPS - many thanks will show without a doubt

human made -- it was panthic khalsa made mate no human made - all jathebandess were given their say in it. I agree dasm Granth is bani so it was wrong for me to join the two here for that i apologize.

but it's a known fact when he was asked recenttly on the channel on his views on dasm granth - it was to have a debate and to conclude once and for all on it.-- which is nothing bad is it???

Dasm Granth is bani - period -

Bani of Gurus should not be subjected to academic scrutiny. Dasam granth is bani that make us into an organized religion and give us title singh. Anyone who cast doubt on it is categorized as heretic. Is there a reason why we should listen to a person for opening debate on dasam granth?

I have read dasam granth thoroughly.Each and every word of dasam granth is from Guru sahib.All verses are numbered and structure of dasam granth make it tamperproof. Please ask him to debate with me if he has any specific doubt. his interpretation of bachitra natak line is totally wrong. This line does not eulogize caste as he thinks.

GPS - jeeo what you have in the uk is these people who have a tainted past - a decade ago - start up and do some great work - like he has done on RSS ? - which buys him airtime on the sikh channel- and he is still promoting great work like the lost generals and other stuff. the question on dasm granth was just rasied as he was talking about something else at the time to which he gave a good answer - this only last week.

secondly you have nang niddar singh and parmjit sing who have written a boook on Harimandar sahib - but these nangs we all know about are dodgy snaatan matt sikhs.- but hell they do know how to rape sikh people of money y doing some good work at the same time too: http://kashihouse.myshopify.com/products/the-golden-temple-of-amritsar-reflections-of-the-past-1808-1959

Ks55, I agree with your points brother but I think personalities like uhdoke who got no basic knowledge about DG should not be speaking about it on tv channel. To me he is either seeking fame or simply was not aware of the host program details. Also, he was member of discussion forums and posted frequently before he went down and away from forums because of Toronto phone call scandal.

Point is don't become 'Die Hard' of anyone, no matter how good they sounds. History proves that we all were well known and most trusted people but now we are in dog eat dog world. We can't trust anyone !!

GPS - jeeo what you have in the uk is these people who have a tainted past - a decade ago - start up and do some great work - like he has done on RSS ? - which buys him airtime on the sikh channel- and he is still promoting great work like the lost generals and other stuff. the question on dasm granth was just rasied as he was talking about something else at the time to which he gave a good answer - this only last week.

secondly you have nang niddar singh and parmjit sing who have written a boook on Harimandar sahib - but these nangs we all know about are dodgy snaatan matt sikhs.- but hell they do know how to rape sikh people of money y doing some good work at the same time too: http://kashihouse.my...-past-1808-1959

Ka 55 ji

I know much more about him and his past. What i write is not on my whims but from testimonials of his past collegues who are still steadfast on path to sikhi and are fighting the forces who are attacking our scriptures.

He is not a scholar of any reputation in India. His contribution to sikh cause is zero.He runs a website and there he promotes anti dasam granth articles from known sikh baiters.

In the end our love is for sikh values, bani, bana , our history and traditions.Persons like him who are not wedded to ethics come and go. His so called exposure of rSS is over rated as compared to threat of Rss in present times. I will request you to review him carefully especially his contribution to sikhi.he is not one who has love for sikhi.Such persons are called Ganga gaye te ganga ram, jamna gaye te jamna das.

In the subject video, udoke says that per dasam granth caste of Guru Nanak sahib is praised and hence he thinks that subejct verses are included by some authors at a later date.

He quotes the line

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥

दोहरा ॥

DOHRA

ਤਿਨ ਬੇਦੀਅਨ ਕੀ ਕੁਲ ਬਿਖੈ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੇ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਇ ॥

तिन बेदीअन की कुल बिखै प्रगटे नानक राइ ॥

Nanak Rai took birth in the Bedi clan.

But the whole shabad is given below. Beforfe that Guru sahib writes about warfare beween bedi clan who ruin themselves over land and

material possesions.

दोहरा ॥

DOHRA

ਤਿਨ ਬੇਦੀਅਨ ਕੀ ਕੁਲ ਬਿਖੈ ਪ੍ਰਗਟੇ ਨਾਨਕ ਰਾਇ

तिन बेदीअन की कुल बिखै प्रगटे नानक राइ ॥

Nanak Rai took birth in the Bedi clan.

ਸਭ ਸਿੱਖਨ ਕੋ ਸੁਖ ਦਏ ਜਹ ਤਹ ਭਏ ਸਹਾਇ ॥੪॥

सभ सि्खन को सुख दए जह तह भए सहाइ ॥४॥

He brought comfort to all his disciples and helped them at all times.4.

ਚੌਪਈ ॥

चौपई ॥

CHAUPAI

ਤਿਨ ਇਹ ਕਲ ਮੋ ਧਰਮੁ ਚਲਾਯੋ ॥ ਸਭ ਸਾਧਨ ਕੋ ਰਾਹੁ ਬਤਾਯੋ ॥

तिन इह कल मो धरमु चलायो ॥ सभ साधन को राहु बतायो ॥

Guru Nanak spread Dharma in the Iron age and put the seekers on the path.

ਜੋ ਤਾਂ ਕੇ ਮਾਰਗ ਮਹਿ ਆਏ ॥ ਤੇ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨਹਿ ਪਾਪ ਸੰਤਾਏ ॥੫॥

जो तां के मारग महि आए ॥ ते कबहूं नहि पाप संताए ॥५॥

Those who followed the path propagated by him, were never harmed by the vices.5.

ਜੇ ਜੇ ਪੰਥ ਤਵਨ ਕੇ ਪਰੇ ॥ ਪਾਪ ਤਾਪ ਤਿਨ ਕੇ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਹਰੇ ॥

जे जे पंथ तवन के परे ॥ पाप ताप तिन के प्रभ हरे ॥

All those who came within his fold, they were absolved of all their sins and troubles,

ਦੂਖ ਭੂਖ ਕਬਹੂੰ ਨ ਸੰਤਾਏ ॥ ਜਾਲ ਕਾਲ ਕੇ ਬੀਚ ਨ ਆਏ ॥੬॥

दूख भूख कबहूं न संताए ॥ जाल काल के बीच न आए ॥६॥

Their sorrows, their wants were vanished and even their transmigration came to and end.6.a natak

Bachitra natak, dasam granth sahib

In essence Guru sahib compares two houses , one of earthly kings who fight between each other and ruin themselves.

The otehr is house of guru nanak that teaches Godly qualities to their followers and become dear to God.

So half baked scholars like udoke should read Dasam granth in proper before commenting.if he is so sure about himself he should enter in debate with us over this issue.

I think we should put a limit on character assassination here. Point out his visible kamiyaan. Sajaan who knows him should discuss with him personally. So far from this thread, we have:

1. He was called on akal takht sahib but he didn't go?

2. What was the sukhvir Kaur phone call case?

3. He got website where he posted anti-gurmat articles. ?

4. He stole materials from the organization he used to work with?

On another note - people at our local gurdwara are trying to promore this udoke guy as a scholar and when the everyday sangat listen's to his talks and lectures (youtube) they are very impressed. To the extent that they want to collect money to fund his "research". I am not completley sure what or what not to beleie and what to pass on to those asking me for my opinion. I would greatly appreciate some insight into this matter.

The thing is when you listen to the lectures how do you really know that they are talking the truth. Nobody really has the time to verify this stuff, it mostly that it sounds good so people believe it. It is the same for Dhunda, most people just don't know or care and what he says sounds like it makes sense so people beleive it and start following the person.

Seems to be lots of confusion created now and I feel sometimes like not listening to anybody, because you really don't know what they are talking about whether it is fact or something that is there opinion.