Need Help Finding Motivation

Im a 22 year old male who needs help finding motivation to go to the gym!

When I first started gym, I kept it up for almost 2 years and seen a good change in my health and fitness. During years at university I struggled to find time to train so I was on and off. Now I have graduated I have more time on my hands and want to go back into training like I used to but can never find the motivation to go! Any suggestions on what could motivate me?

Also, Could anyone suggest any training routines or excercises that they felt have worked for them?

Thank You

• 3 months later...

For me after I signed up to my local gym; the mere fact I had $28 dollars coming out of my bank account every fortnight was more than enough motivation to get me going 4-5 times a week.

Or you could try to make it a habit i guess. I mean once you put yourself in a routine it becomes a habit aye?

• 2 weeks later...

vjkk vjkf paji, this is a common problem. As with anything.. sangat is key. If you can get the right support network (training partner/s) you are more likely to stick to training and have greater improvements (this is clinically proven). I would suggest finding a sport or class to join with a friend or family member with similar goals as yourself.

Furthermore this does not have to be costly; running is a great form of exercise, its free and you can possibly do it locally. http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/