What Is The Best Martial Art To Train

hgsingh

as well most kids in the west for decades put their kids in these traditional martial arts schools and most kids came out saying its a waste of time when they see things like boxing and muay thai

and in the west no one knew or cared about modern martial arts till the ufc cause they were to busy thinking traditional martial arts were so lethal cause of jackie chan movies and jet lee movies

western media hasn't put any bias on traditional martial arts actually western media is what made traditional martial arts famous and had western martial artists going to asia to learn the most lethal form of traditional martial arts and a lot of them look at martial arts like muay thai as far more effective then traditional martial arts

I don't have a habit of banging my head against brick walls Singh Sahib.

My students include guys who have done Urban Krav Maga, Boxing, Wing Chun, some MMA and Muay Thai. I teach traditional South East Asian MAs for the modern environment, and I have learnt lesser known arts alongside guys who run MMA schools. They train hard and MMA is their business, in which they prepare their students for competition. These teachers do not use MMA on the street. They rather rely on traditional principles and battlefield tactics.

Whenever you are in the UK, contact me here, you are invited to my house where we can discuss in detail and 'touch hands'. Shouting the same thing again and again without actually having had any personal experience or understanding of martial arts (which shows in your arrogance and ignorance) doesn't prove a thing.

I know many Masters who run MMA/Muay Thai schools (business/competition) alongside teaching traditional martials arts (which is what they vouch for on the street). I can put you in contact with any number of them, including in the US, just tell me where you are and I will ensure you get an educative experience.

The martial art (alone) one does means kack, only a bufoon would think he was good agasint all others because he has trained in a certain system. All that matters is the individual, his understanding of body mechanics/energy/efficiency, tactics, improvisation, his experience and his psychology. These are the things that matter and good martial arts teachers give to you. Even traditional systems are connstantly evolving, if 1 teacher has 3 students, they will without fail, continue that art in 3 different ways (even if only slightly different), depending on their own other unique experiences and understandings. But the principles of a good art always remain the same.

The street does not have a canvas floor and referee, people attack with weapons, and attack in numbers. Traditional martial arts that come from the battlefield prepare you for these situations.

If you are happy with Krav and Muay Thai etc, then thats great. They are both effective if you can find good teachers. Train hard, and when you are ready, teach others. Better than pushing your opinion down peoples throats as if you own shares in these systems. You are more likely to inspire people to learn what think is good through humility and example.

If you are interested in following up on any of these points, PM me.

All the best.

Khaalis I'm not ignorant or arragont about martial arts I'm giving you the facts that when martial arts are put to the test in no rules fighting the traditional martial arts always fail

The best way to see how a martial art is effective and which once work best is having two guys go at it with no rules and this has bin going on for a while and the results remain the same

Why is it with no rules fighting traditional martian artist who are some of the best in their martial art are unable to kill their opponents when its anything goes and get their behinds handed to them

Based on that is why most mma fighters come from traditional martial arts backgrounds and have taken up muay thai for standup and other martial arts like ji jitsu

Mma was born from the concept of using different martial arts for fighting

The sport of mma actually came out of no hold bares fighting with no rules and the martial arts used by mma fighters today are the once that worked in the competition

Before the sport of mma it was no rules fighting basicully street fighting

But in america it was getting banned and ufc was getting shutdown them they got rules and turned it into a sport

Khaalis if your a teacher could you put up videos of your students sparring

Realy combat schools put up videos of what people learn on youtube

Proper combat schools will have your hands feet elbows and knees registered as weapions after 3 years of hard training

Proper combat schools take people who are over weight or super skinny and after 4 month of training have them ripped with muscle and looking dangerous if you see a fat guy with black belt at a martial arts school then its a scam

If you are scared and want easy training then go to niddar singh and scam martial arts schools that claim will turn you into dangerous person but in reality its a scam

Or go to proper combat schools and it you have the motivation and hunger to take on the training and be whipped into insane shape and stick to the training and get stronger you will end fights were you are attacked be it by thugs or gangster wannabe's or criminals by breaking the other guys face

You have your biased opinion fixed in your head so no point trying to convince you otherwise, you keep repeating the same points and think you can learn everything about martial arts from the internet. As I say, when you are in the UK, contact me here and I can discuss/demonstrate in person.

Re your derogatory comments of traditional CMAs and Dan Hardy, I'm afraid you are either being lead astray your self or trying to lead others astray. Dan only spent 2 months at a Chinese Government created tourist temple. Dan has had no in depth experience of the real Shaolin or other Kung Fu styles which make up the Universe which is CMA. It takes years to condition your body and mind before real combat learning even starts.

See below for an interview with Dan, where his experience is far from what you are making out:

This is a long interview. I'm just going to cut&paste the Shaolin part. :D

Confessions of a Shopaholic: Dan Hardy talks Mike Swick, Shaolin monks and his affinity for shopping (http://www.examiner.com/x-26337-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Examiner~y2009m11d8-Confession-of-a-Shopaholic-Dan-Hardy-talks-Mike-Swick-Shaolin-Monks-and-his-affinity-for-shopping)

November 8, 11:39 PM

“They (UFC) put the heads on the chopping block and I keep taking them off.”

I’m willing to bet that you wouldn’t think this quote came from a aspiring artist who happens to love to shop, play video games, and train with Shaolin Monks? OK, well maybe the latter.

But that is exactly the way Dan “The Outlaw” Hardy likes it. He likes being unassuming. Forget the colored Mohawk and the vicious striking prowess--this resident of Nottingham, England is a true renaissance man.

Hardy (22-6-1) burst on to the MMA scene at UFC 89 defeating PRIDE FC legend Akihiro Gono in a bloody war that saw the judges award a split decision to the flamboyant Brit. Since that time he has built a steady following of MMA fans, walking that fine line between underground legend and full blown superstar. A line that Hardy walks with immaculate precision. And in an era of “making it rain” at strip clubs and charging for signatures, Dan Hardy prefers to stay in with his girlfriend and take in a movie, or maybe play a little Xbox--all the while taking time out for the people who made him what he is today, the fans. “The Outlaw” is a fighter who likes to stay close to his fans, often times taking time off on the eve of a fight just to say, “thank you“ to the fans who make it all possible--a man who recognizes the importance of “keeping it real.”

In just about a week Hardy will be facing his toughest opponent to date in Mike Swick (14-2), at UFC 105 in Manchester, England. “Quick” Swick is by far the most dangerous opponent Hardy has ever faced, and with a title shot on the line, he is also his most important. In this exclusive Q and A learn what makes Dan tick. What he enjoys doing (shopping?!) in his time off, and just what it was like training with the legendary Shaolin Monks in northern China.

(Examiner.com): Well here is what I’ve wanted to personally ask you about for a long time--the Shaolin Monks. How did a lanky kid from Britain get to train with some of the most polarizing figures in the history of Martial Arts. I mean we are talking thousands of years here man. Just talk about how you got there, what happened when you were there, and what you learned.

DH: You know, I get asked about this a lot and I’m actually thinking about writing an article about it with accompanying photographs and stuff. It really was a crazy experience and it’s not something people really expect from me. It’s very different from what other MMA fighters have done in the past as well. The way it came about is, I actually saw a documentary on the Discovery channel about the main Shaolin temple in central China. At the time I was just so into Kung-Fu and the old martial arts movies like, ‘36 Chambers’ and other stuff you know what I mean? I did a lot of research and I found out I wouldn’t be able to go to the main temple in central China because I wasn’t Chinese. So I looked around and managed to find a place that had taken a few monks and opened a temple in northern China where foreign students could come over and train at. So I contacted them and arranged to go over there and train for a couple of months. It was just the craziest and most awesome experience I’ve ever had really--obviously aside from the UFC success. Because it was just crazy, it was like watching a movie you know? Almost to the effect that it was like a movie that I watched and I remember in such crazy detail for it to NOT be a part of my life, do you know what I mean?

(Examiner.com): Oh yeah.

DH: So yeah, I spent a couple of months there and it was just…it was…the first couple of weeks were just really tough. It was the first time I traveled on my own and to be that far away from everything you’ve known was just a real shock to the system and on top of that you have 12 hour training days, 6 days a week. It really just breaks you down physically, and then once that is done you have to struggle with the mental breakdown, and I struggled with that for the first couple of weeks. You know I really didn’t enjoy it and I wanted to leave to be honest. I had long hair when I got there and they shaved it off, and it was just a lot of things changing. I really threw myself into the deep end. After a couple of weeks though, I met a couple of friends and I kind of found my rhythm a little bit and it was just awesome. I met some really good people and I learned a lot of stuff about Kung-Fu and all the philosophies that come with it. More importantly though, I learned a lot about myself and what I could accomplish if I really wanted to and the boundaries of my abilities. I mean I’ve always been pretty tough mentally but when I got there and I woke up on a Wednesday and Thursday and couldn’t bend my legs because my muscles were too tight and sore, and I really had no energy. Then I had to push through 10 more hours of training and then I kind of realized I was more mentally tough than I was giving myself credit for. And I think a lot of that has carried over to my training in MMA--that I’ve got such good work ethic and a lot of self confidence. Because I know that my boundaries are so distant and I have so much to learn.

(Examiner.com): What was your moment? Your breaking moment if you will? Was there one specific event?

DH: That 1st week was a real tough one because I just got there and didn’t know anyone and they had no electricity…it was actually in a castle. It was a temple inside of a castle. So there was no electricity in the whole place and maybe two showers for fifty people. There were rats in the windows and rats in my bed when I slept at night. I just went from comfortable living in England, with central heating and TV, to being in the middle of northern China right by the Mongolian desert, with nothing that I was used to, on top of a mountain, totally out of my element. I mean, we started training at 5 in the morning and if we weren’t up by 5 the monks would come and wake you up…with a stick. That was quite a shock at the time. Then we started the day with a walk, which was all the way down a hill and then back up---something like 460 steps I think, and that was an everyday thing. I mean I was new to it, I thought, “OK, up to the top of steps and then on to Tai Chi and Qigong.” And as we got to the top, my teacher was waiting at the top of the steps for me and I wasn’t really sure why he was there. For the next hour he had us going back up and down the steps. And when your legs gave out, you used your hands and…it was just very, very difficult. After that session, your training would continue until about 8:30 at night and after that I really had just nothing left. It was just a matter of pushing through it because you had no other option, you know what I’m saying? It was either do it or go home, and there was no way I was going to quit. I had set 2 months in my mind and that is what I was going to do. There were just a few times that the physical pain was something I never thought I would experience.

(Examiner.com): Wow, I’m really just blown away. I mean, this was 2002 and you were 18 or 19--hell were are the same age! That’s just insane. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and just from talking to you I can see you have a ton of self determination--so that had to feel pretty good for you when you walked out of that place, accomplishing what you did? It’s safe to say you were a changed man?

DH: Oh without a doubt, yeah. I was a completely different person. If I took those 2 months out of my life, the Dan Hardy that is here today would be a totally different person. First off, I wouldn’t be here talking to you. I wouldn’t be fighting in the UFC. I wouldn’t have traveled as much as I have. I would just have a regular job and be a regular guy drinking every weekend or something. Those few months really helped me focus and recognize just exactly what my existence was. And the years that I have left on this earth, I want to make the most out of them. If anything, that is what I took away from that experience, and to me that is just invaluable and I wouldn’t trade that for the world.

(Examiner.com): Well before we talked I read about this whole thing but I didn’t know the extent. It really is amazing to hear, just to the extent, that this event had on your life.

DH: Yeah, you know it was only a couple of months in my life but it felt like a lifetime. So many lessons learned and so many things gained from it and it was probably the two most important months of my life up until this point.

Now I'm going to steal this for the Shaolin forum. ;)

You have your biased opinion fixed in your head so no point trying to convince you otherwise, you keep repeating the same points and think you can learn everything about martial arts from the internet. As I say, when you are in the UK, contact me here and I can discuss/demonstrate in person.

Re your derogatory comments of traditional CMAs and Dan Hardy, I'm afraid you are either being lead astray your self or trying to lead others astray. Dan only spent 2 months at a Chinese Government created tourist temple. Dan has had no in depth experience of the real Shaolin or other Kung Fu styles which make up the Universe which is CMA. It takes years to condition your body and mind before real combat learning even starts.

See below for an interview with Dan, where his experience is far from what you are making out:

This is a long interview. I'm just going to cut&paste the Shaolin part. :D

Confessions of a Shopaholic: Dan Hardy talks Mike Swick, Shaolin monks and his affinity for shopping (http://www.examiner.com/x-26337-Mixed-Martial-Arts-Examiner~y2009m11d8-Confession-of-a-Shopaholic-Dan-Hardy-talks-Mike-Swick-Shaolin-Monks-and-his-affinity-for-shopping)

November 8, 11:39 PM

“They (UFC) put the heads on the chopping block and I keep taking them off.”

I’m willing to bet that you wouldn’t think this quote came from a aspiring artist who happens to love to shop, play video games, and train with Shaolin Monks? OK, well maybe the latter.

But that is exactly the way Dan “The Outlaw” Hardy likes it. He likes being unassuming. Forget the colored Mohawk and the vicious striking prowess--this resident of Nottingham, England is a true renaissance man.

Hardy (22-6-1) burst on to the MMA scene at UFC 89 defeating PRIDE FC legend Akihiro Gono in a bloody war that saw the judges award a split decision to the flamboyant Brit. Since that time he has built a steady following of MMA fans, walking that fine line between underground legend and full blown superstar. A line that Hardy walks with immaculate precision. And in an era of “making it rain” at strip clubs and charging for signatures, Dan Hardy prefers to stay in with his girlfriend and take in a movie, or maybe play a little Xbox--all the while taking time out for the people who made him what he is today, the fans. “The Outlaw” is a fighter who likes to stay close to his fans, often times taking time off on the eve of a fight just to say, “thank you“ to the fans who make it all possible--a man who recognizes the importance of “keeping it real.”

In just about a week Hardy will be facing his toughest opponent to date in Mike Swick (14-2), at UFC 105 in Manchester, England. “Quick” Swick is by far the most dangerous opponent Hardy has ever faced, and with a title shot on the line, he is also his most important. In this exclusive Q and A learn what makes Dan tick. What he enjoys doing (shopping?!) in his time off, and just what it was like training with the legendary Shaolin Monks in northern China.

(Examiner.com): Well here is what I’ve wanted to personally ask you about for a long time--the Shaolin Monks. How did a lanky kid from Britain get to train with some of the most polarizing figures in the history of Martial Arts. I mean we are talking thousands of years here man. Just talk about how you got there, what happened when you were there, and what you learned.

DH: You know, I get asked about this a lot and I’m actually thinking about writing an article about it with accompanying photographs and stuff. It really was a crazy experience and it’s not something people really expect from me. It’s very different from what other MMA fighters have done in the past as well. The way it came about is, I actually saw a documentary on the Discovery channel about the main Shaolin temple in central China. At the time I was just so into Kung-Fu and the old martial arts movies like, ‘36 Chambers’ and other stuff you know what I mean? I did a lot of research and I found out I wouldn’t be able to go to the main temple in central China because I wasn’t Chinese. So I looked around and managed to find a place that had taken a few monks and opened a temple in northern China where foreign students could come over and train at. So I contacted them and arranged to go over there and train for a couple of months. It was just the craziest and most awesome experience I’ve ever had really--obviously aside from the UFC success. Because it was just crazy, it was like watching a movie you know? Almost to the effect that it was like a movie that I watched and I remember in such crazy detail for it to NOT be a part of my life, do you know what I mean?

(Examiner.com): Oh yeah.

DH: So yeah, I spent a couple of months there and it was just…it was…the first couple of weeks were just really tough. It was the first time I traveled on my own and to be that far away from everything you’ve known was just a real shock to the system and on top of that you have 12 hour training days, 6 days a week. It really just breaks you down physically, and then once that is done you have to struggle with the mental breakdown, and I struggled with that for the first couple of weeks. You know I really didn’t enjoy it and I wanted to leave to be honest. I had long hair when I got there and they shaved it off, and it was just a lot of things changing. I really threw myself into the deep end. After a couple of weeks though, I met a couple of friends and I kind of found my rhythm a little bit and it was just awesome. I met some really good people and I learned a lot of stuff about Kung-Fu and all the philosophies that come with it. More importantly though, I learned a lot about myself and what I could accomplish if I really wanted to and the boundaries of my abilities. I mean I’ve always been pretty tough mentally but when I got there and I woke up on a Wednesday and Thursday and couldn’t bend my legs because my muscles were too tight and sore, and I really had no energy. Then I had to push through 10 more hours of training and then I kind of realized I was more mentally tough than I was giving myself credit for. And I think a lot of that has carried over to my training in MMA--that I’ve got such good work ethic and a lot of self confidence. Because I know that my boundaries are so distant and I have so much to learn.

(Examiner.com): What was your moment? Your breaking moment if you will? Was there one specific event?

DH: That 1st week was a real tough one because I just got there and didn’t know anyone and they had no electricity…it was actually in a castle. It was a temple inside of a castle. So there was no electricity in the whole place and maybe two showers for fifty people. There were rats in the windows and rats in my bed when I slept at night. I just went from comfortable living in England, with central heating and TV, to being in the middle of northern China right by the Mongolian desert, with nothing that I was used to, on top of a mountain, totally out of my element. I mean, we started training at 5 in the morning and if we weren’t up by 5 the monks would come and wake you up…with a stick. That was quite a shock at the time. Then we started the day with a walk, which was all the way down a hill and then back up---something like 460 steps I think, and that was an everyday thing. I mean I was new to it, I thought, “OK, up to the top of steps and then on to Tai Chi and Qigong.” And as we got to the top, my teacher was waiting at the top of the steps for me and I wasn’t really sure why he was there. For the next hour he had us going back up and down the steps. And when your legs gave out, you used your hands and…it was just very, very difficult. After that session, your training would continue until about 8:30 at night and after that I really had just nothing left. It was just a matter of pushing through it because you had no other option, you know what I’m saying? It was either do it or go home, and there was no way I was going to quit. I had set 2 months in my mind and that is what I was going to do. There were just a few times that the physical pain was something I never thought I would experience.

(Examiner.com): Wow, I’m really just blown away. I mean, this was 2002 and you were 18 or 19--hell were are the same age! That’s just insane. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and just from talking to you I can see you have a ton of self determination--so that had to feel pretty good for you when you walked out of that place, accomplishing what you did? It’s safe to say you were a changed man?

DH: Oh without a doubt, yeah. I was a completely different person. If I took those 2 months out of my life, the Dan Hardy that is here today would be a totally different person. First off, I wouldn’t be here talking to you. I wouldn’t be fighting in the UFC. I wouldn’t have traveled as much as I have. I would just have a regular job and be a regular guy drinking every weekend or something. Those few months really helped me focus and recognize just exactly what my existence was. And the years that I have left on this earth, I want to make the most out of them. If anything, that is what I took away from that experience, and to me that is just invaluable and I wouldn’t trade that for the world.

(Examiner.com): Well before we talked I read about this whole thing but I didn’t know the extent. It really is amazing to hear, just to the extent, that this event had on your life.

DH: Yeah, you know it was only a couple of months in my life but it felt like a lifetime. So many lessons learned and so many things gained from it and it was probably the two most important months of my life up until this point.

• 1 month later...

Wjkk wjkf, i teach a reality based art, we do a lot os scenario yraining under pressure situations. You

Need to understand what happens to your body when adrenalised, a lot of the fine motor skills go out of the window under

Pressure, we teach how to deal with verbal aggresion, simple techniques that can be retained under pressure, multiple attackers, knife defence etc email me on fastcombatives@hotmail.co.uk for more info. Wjkk wjkf.

Wjkk wjkf, i teach a reality based art, we do a lot os scenario yraining under pressure situations. You

Need to understand what happens to your body when adrenalised, a lot of the fine motor skills go out of the window under

Pressure, we teach how to deal with verbal aggresion, simple techniques that can be retained under pressure, multiple attackers, knife defence etc email me on fastcombatives@hotmail.co.uk for more info. Wjkk wjkf.

Sounds good Shastar Man, can you give us any more information (not personal) about yourself. Like:

Are you Niddar?

Do you support Nidday, or have you taken Amrit from the Panj Piyare instead?

It's important to know these things if you post on Sikh Site. Any ideas of the arts you use, or the name of the arts you use would be useful.

wjkk wjkf, veerji I am not here to knock any style or any person. I am just letting you know of the benefits of training in the system that I train in. This can be used to supplement whatever style that you are training in at the moment.We use techniques that have been proven in adrenalised/pressure situations, simple techniques such as palm strikes, hammer fists etc Techniques that can be retained under pressure - this is the arena we train in, as this is the area of non-compliance and you get to test and experience what works under duress. This is vital for survival in a street situation.

If you need any further information contact me on fastcombatives@hotmail.co.uk. wjkk wjkf, Roop.