22 Days In

s50

22 DAYS IN

You may be thinking what the title of post means.. Well It's only been 22 days into the new year and already where at each others throats. The following controversial topic intended to do faarkh between Sikhs have being posted. Seriously nobody has tolerance and this show of Ekta is all fake. EVERYONE'S IN IT FOR THERE OWN VIEWS, BE IT TAKSAL, AKJ. NIHANG, NANAKSAR ETC ETC. BLAH BLAH This will be my last post. Sites standards have gone down.

1. Is Kirtan more important than Katha

2. Stop Killing Goats

3. The best way to do kirtan

4. The true karma philosophy

It funny how when such serious topics like GurbaNee beadbi, killing of young singh come up nobody wants to know.

It is sung in the dhadi vaar about Raja Ranjit Singhs last message that " Sikho make sure your talwars don't fight with each other, If so will you be destroyed slowly" Hence same thing applies in a verbal manner too.

Tell me about it

Remember when Guru Granth Sahib Ji's birs were found in the well with the alchohol bottles thrown in?

Well, Sikh Channel holds the open meeting to find a solution to get all this to stop happening permanantly.. there was a glimmer of hope Singhs could come together and talk about solutions and then implement them in the U.K. and India to stop beadbi. What happened? The meeting turned into a shouting match, some started bad mouthing others, it got heated and no practical solutions were decided upon by the congregation.

I actually had the fool's hope. The hope that Ekta could be achieved and we as a Panth could get something done. A fool's hope.

22 DAYS IN

You may be thinking what the title of post means.. Well It's only been 22 days into the new year and already where at each others throats. The following controversial topic intended to do faarkh between Sikhs have being posted. Seriously nobody has tolerance and this show of Ekta is all fake. EVERYONE'S IN IT FOR THERE OWN VIEWS, BE IT TAKSAL, AKJ. NIHANG, NANAKSAR ETC ETC. BLAH BLAH This will be my last post. Sites standards have gone down.

1. Is Kirtan more important than Katha

2. Stop Killing Goats

3. The best way to do kirtan

4. The true karma philosophy

It funny how when such serious topics like GurbaNee beadbi, killing of young singh come up nobody wants to know.

It is sung in the dhadi vaar about Raja Ranjit Singhs last message that " Sikho make sure your talwars don't fight with each other, If so will you be destroyed slowly" Hence same thing applies in a verbal manner too.

rather than retreating and running away lets hear your ideas on how to treat the matter?

if you see the threads on here, the ones that require action, effort, thinking, intelligence, love and understanding.. no replies...

The stupid ones doing nindhiya, allegations gossip get the most views and most replies.

We become gossips and backchatters, when issues require action, then its like oh, it kaljug man "concentrate on your own jeevan.. its hukam".. the cowards way out.

the real sikhs need to step up.. slap down those who sit in languar halls backchatting all day

if you see the threads on here, the ones that require action, effort, thinking, intelligence, love and understanding.. no replies...

The stupid ones doing nindhiya, allegations gossip get the most views and most replies.

We become gossips and backchatters, when issues require action, then its like oh, it kaljug man "concentrate on your own jeevan.. its hukam".. the cowards way out.

the real sikhs need to step up.. slap down those who sit in languar halls backchatting all day

agreed!...the excuse of 'its kaljug so concentrate on your own jeevan' or those who say its 'hukam' and turn a blind eye to the situtation are cowards and the are the biggest reasons why the panth is not in chardi kala..no one wants to get their hands dirty it seems...

It is easy to say that how negative posts/threads we see around and actually comments on those but ask oourself about how much we personally participated in such positive threads and carried long discussions related non-political issues? How many of us started gurbani related threads? Ask yourself on how many times we visited other positive theme sub-forums such as book club, gurbani/history section in a month?

If we want to see the change then be the change. We can't change other people mind by talk but my setting personal good character example. A month from now.. try to open any gurmat based topic in the general section and i bet none of us who posted in this thread (including myself) will post reply in that gurmat thread. Easy 2 blame but hard 2 change.

also our new year starts in near march and we still have time to sort it out :biggrin2:

agreed!...the excuse of 'its kaljug so concentrate on your own jeevan' or those who say its 'hukam' and turn a blind eye to the situtation are cowards and the are the biggest reasons why the panth is not in chardi kala..no one wants to get their hands dirty it seems...

The "concentrate on your own jeevan" brigade are being unfairly maligned in my opinion. Of course it depends on the intention behind making such a statement, i.e. if a person says "concentrate on your own jeevan" as a way of not even wanting to acknowledge the issues and not wishing to contribute anything to tackle whatever is being discussed, then I agree that kind of approach is...well, un-Sikh and maybe the easy way out.

IF, however, the intent behind making the "jeevan" comment is to become spiritually determined and a better all-round Sikh who will, in time, be prepared for any and all eventualities, and be capable of affecting change alongside other strong (physically and spiritually) Sikhs then that can only be a positive.

Let's not scoff or dismiss the spiritual, considered aspect of Sikhi as some kind of hippy endeavour or for those with cowardice in their hearts. The reality, as with most issues, is a lot more nuanced than that.

For example, take Guru Arjan Dev Ji. Just think of the beauty and wisdom contained within their composition of Sukhmani Sahib. Then consider how someone with such a poetic and spiritual disposition can come forward and sacrifice their life for a cause without protest or a hint of weakness. I would like to believe their spirituality made that possible.