Islam Spreading In Britain

BhaiSukhSingh

Guest KopSingh

WSL your from Osterley, in Hounslow and surrounding areas many muslims do go to mosque schools, as I have seen it. You see loads of young kids in a topi and juba with there koran in a satchel. For muslims it is better for them to pray in congregation than at home, Namaz is only like 10 - 20 mins 30 mins max if it's jummah and they do kuthbah and baienh..So most muslims do go to after school mosque classes to learn. Normally 5 - 6.30, when many parents are at work. Even in London, as I lived there for 6 years you see young muslims kids going to the mosque to have after school classes. Very rarely do muslims teach the kids at home, it's more likely at after school classes in the mosque.

Pakistani's may be the dominant muslim community in the UK, but only less than 15 % are non- kashmiri / mirpuri. Mirpuri is very similar to punjabi, it's just a differnet dialect of Punjabi. Also I only know of 2 places in UK where the majority of muslims in the area are not Pakistani i.e Tower Hamlets, Newham (East London) Bengali and Leicester majority of muslims are of Indian descent. Gujrati / Kutchi. Either from India or Africa (mainly Malawi or surrounding areas). It's a myth that Leicester is not home to a large population of muslims. Everyone thinks it's mainly Gujratis which is true but there loads of people of gujrati and kutchi descent in Leicester who are not hindu but muslim. There are more muslims than Sikhs.

Mirpuri my friend maybe a dialect of panjabi, but they are nothing like panjabi mussalmaans. mirpuris are very much like ppl of jammu, and are very backward ppl and have no ambition, straight up, no lie. they dont let their girls wear english clothes, go for decent jobs. look at all the pak tv/radio presenters in this country they r either panjabi/pathan paks, never mirpuri. If this country had 90+% pakistanis from panjab then you would not get all this sikh vs muslim tension and tapping up/grooming of our girls, because every panjabi mussalmaan i ever met are amazing ppl and obviously just like us. for example most pakistanis in canada and scotland are panjabis, yet they have no tension with apnay sikhs in their respective places. only places where panjabi paks live in slightly big numbers are in some places like sheffield, certain parts of manchester too.

also u mentioned indian muslims, in places like blackburn/burnley/preston they have HUGE number of muslim patels living there, blackburn i believe is 50/50 indian/pak muslims or 60/40 ish.

also like to mention indian muslims HATE kashmiri/mirpuri muslims in my experience, as they have tainted the muslim image in this country. even irainians/arabs/turks/afghans HATE these mirpuris. My bangladeshi mate too hates them (1971 raping/genocide of bangalis).

theres a video on youtube where on the commenst page a mirpuri n panjabi paks were cusin each other n the mirpuris were described as the pakistani council estate chavs,

heres the video, see the comments. http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=EyhqGqZ0m-8

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Asslam-o-Alaikum and Sat Sri Kal sub nu :biggrin2:

This is my first post here in this forum and I guess being a Muslim , I'd probably represent Islam here..a little bit..

First thing...no Islam is NOT 'taking over' anything. Today, Islam is the LARGEST *practiced* faith on the planet and hence exerts the most influence on the human race.. more than any other religion (Christianity is largest nominal) but propaganda against Islam is also on the highest too.One of them is that Muslims are taking over this world. This is just not true. Every 4th person on the planet is a Muslim now but that doesn't mean that we want to dominate others.

And yes, Muslims generally ARE more practicing than others...but I feel that Sikhs are way,way more practising than us Muslims. Many guys don't eat meat and don't cut their hairs too. Sikh girls though,with due respect,are not that practising,in my observation.

Also , regarding Muslim parents...yes..in Islam..family is very important. Muslim families stick together..we teach each other about Islam..my sister and me would argue over Islam and even do critical analysis of it. Like "why" is this and "why" is that. Our parents teach us Salah or Namaz from our childhood and arrange a Qur'anic teacher for us ...who would teach us Qur'an in Arabic. The thing most of people don't understand is that Muslims aren't 'brainwashed' into believing Islam. We explore rational and logical foundations for our belief. In Schools,back in Pakistan,we were taught doctrines of Islam and in class--we used to just discuss the heck out of different topics..lol...That class used to be the loudest..we'd discuss and ask many questions..counter questions etc...In this way, we have a very good command on our religion (by the standard of 'average' followers of any faith)...

I am hoping for a great time in this forum..

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Auzer bro, welcome to Sikhsangat.com. Glad to have you on board and we too look forward to having a great time and hope we can learn from each other and clear out any misconceptions that either of our fellow coreligionists might have about each other. However, a humble and sincere request to you is that this forum will NOT be used as a platform to "win converts", (i.e. propagating Islam with the intention to convert Sikhs) which I hope isn't your actual intention to be here. So once again, looking forward to having a great time :) .

Auzer ji , what do you have to say on this ??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F49kogA9Jb4

How can such kind of behavior be tolerated in any modern day civilization ? again , not being anti-Islamic here , but what the eyes see can't be false .

Shari'ah is a 7th century backward law only for the desert land and for 7th century . It has no place for 21st century Britain .

How can such kind of behavior be tolerated in any modern day civilization ? again , not being anti-Islamic here , but what the eyes see can't be false .

Shari'ah is a 7th century backward law only for the desert land and for 7th century . It has no place for 21st century Britain .

thats right...thats the very reason the khalsa wasnt given a law by waheguru ji...yes we have a rehit but that is only for the khalsa and is private in itself...we cannot and dont exert the rehit on non sikhs...which is why when the khalsaa raj comes it will not be hindered by any old laws given to them..rather they will be able to develop and progress in all fields...be it science, millitary, economy etc

That is a very very small percentage of muslims. Most muslims do not support tht kind of thing.

That is a very very small percentage of muslims. Most muslims do not support tht kind of thing.

but ive read the quran and most of the hadiths...hes not talking out of his a$$..he has backed all his claims from islamic scripture...could it be hes just preaching authentic martial islam..not the watered dow version...correct me if im wrong

to a few of the earlier posts recommending opening up small taksal centres -

cant we open up nihang centres and other centres aswell, why such a bias towards taksal and nothing else?

The reason I mentioned Taksal is because of their focus on knowledge/vidyaa aspect of Gurbani/gurmat. That is what we need right now in Punjab and the western world where ever Sikhs reside. I'm not a Taksali myself, so I don't have any particular loyalty towards Taksal, but the concept of a Taksal, a school where one can learn Gurbani/Gurmat is something we need more and more in the west if we want Sikhi to flourish and expand.

We have so many Gatka Akharas in the west, but we also need Taksals.