Origins Of The Universe Questions

Beginner

WJK WJF, i have a list of questions that I'm hoping you can answer:

1) On ang 1035, Guru Ji says 'For endless eons, there was total darkness", but didnt Guru Ji also say that creation had been destroyed and remade in the past? Is the translation wrong? Do they mean there had not been creation for a VERY LONG time?

2)On ang 19, Guru Ji says "'From water, He created the three worlds; in each and every heart He has infused His Light." It's a metaphor that may even be connected with the next/previous line, but what does it mean?

3)Gurbani speaks of the three worlds, the four sources of creation, and the five elements, what does Guru Ji mean by this? Also, how are we made up of the five elements?

4)On ang 64, Guru Ji speaks "The day and the sun shall pass away; the night and the moon shall pass away; the hundreds of thousands of stars shall disappear." When They say hundreds of thousands of star, that is lost in translation, right? They meant they were really countless?

PS: Anyone else notice errors in how the English has been translated from time to time? I have to say it can get really confusing when there are misinterpretations of Gurbani.

[

WJK WJF, i have a list of questions that I'm hoping you can answer:

1) On ang 1035, Guru Ji says 'For endless eons, there was total darkness", but didnt Guru Ji also say that creation had been destroyed and remade in the past? Is the translation wrong? Do they mean there had not been creation for a VERY LONG time?

Before All creation, there was just the darkness from which we and those before us all came eventually...

2)On ang 19, Guru Ji says "'From water, He created the three worlds; in each and every heart He has infused His Light." It's a metaphor that may even be connected with the next/previous line, but what does it mean?

Water is amrit. To one who has vision, it is pure white light, hence this tuk is not so hard to understand..

3)Gurbani speaks of the three worlds, the four sources of creation, and the five elements, what does Guru Ji mean by this? Also, how are we made up of the five elements?

Three worlds:

1st world= Pure Truth, the Nothingness from which we all came(referred to in your 1st question) and which is all around us, it is parallel to the other 2 worlds.

2nd world= the parallel astral/spiritual(whatever you want to call it) world.

3rd world= this realm, our bodies(false) etc.

Everything other than the 1st world is false- the 2nd world is a projection(astral) of the 1st and the 3rd world is a projection(astral) of the 2nd world.

Hence, the journey of bhagti is backwards, within- from our 3rd world back into the 1st(from where we all came). We ground ourselves by attuning ourselves to naam/truth i.e the 1st world/energy/God himself.

Then we remain grounded(opposite of projection/astral projection) in Truth in His court(1st world) regardless of what the false 2nd and 3rd worlds (energies) throw our way- for the 2nd and 3rd worlds are just false anyway, just an illusionary khel i.e maya.

Hence Gurus and bhagats remained grounded in Truth even while being martyred, for all is imageless,formless Truth, and all else is just astral projection/maya/illusion...

4)On ang 64, Guru Ji speaks "The day and the sun shall pass away; the night and the moon shall pass away; the hundreds of thousands of stars shall disappear." When They say hundreds of thousands of star, that is lost in translation, right? They meant they were really countless?

They could see stars during the Gurus times, so I'm sure they knew that there are whole load of stars.. :lol:

PS: Anyone else notice errors in how the English has been translated from time to time? I have to say it can get really confusing when there are misinterpretations of Gurbani.

Yes

Well Science is very young and has a lot to learn, so this is what I can give. Our Universe has been created & destroyed many times in the past, which makes sense. At the start of the big bang, there was an initial explosion where from a singularity the space-time continuum and matter it self came into being. Obviously at some point in the future, the acceleration of the Universe will halt and fall back onto it self. Once all the matter is sucked back into the center of the Universe/black hole, who knows? A universe is created again and this cycle starts over.

As DustOfTheSaintsFeet said for the 3 worlds, this seems like a logical choice.

- Void

- Astral plane

- Physical plane

As for the 4 sources of creation, I am at a complete loss here.

The 5 elements, the problem with this is there are lots of different references in other cultures referencing to this. Japanese, chinese, hindu etc, either Guru'ji accepted another or created his own version, we unfortunately don't know.

I'll give you an example of the Japanese 5 elements, as in my opinion it has the best relevance of the few I researched.

地 Chi meaning "Earth", represents the hard, solid objects of the world (bones, muscles and tissues are represented by chi. Emotionally, chi is predominantly associated with stubbornness, stability, physicality, and gravity. In the mind, it is confidence; and emotionally it is a desire to have things remain as they are; a resistance to change)

水 Sui meaning "Water", represents the fluid, flowing, formless things in the world (blood and other bodily fluids are represented by sui, as are mental or emotional tendencies towards adaptation and change. Sui can be associated with emotion, defensiveness, adaptability, flexibility, suppleness, and magnetism)

火 Ka "Fire", represents the energetic, forceful, moving things in the world. Animals, particularly predators, capable of movement and full of forceful energy, are primary examples of ka objects (bodily, ka represents our metabolism and body heat, and in the mental and emotional realms, it represents drive and passion. ka can be associated with motivation, desire, intention, and an outgoing spirit.)

風 Fū meaning "Wind", represents things that grow, expand, and enjoy freedom of movement ( = human mind, as we grow physically, we learn and expand mentally as well, in terms of our knowledge, our experiences, and our personalities. Fū represents breathing, and the internal processes associated with respiration. Mentally and emotionally, it represents an "open-minded" attitude and carefree feeling. It can be associated with will, elusiveness, evasiveness, benevolence, compassion, and wisdom.)

空 Kū meaning "Void", but also meaning "sky" or "Heaven", represents those things beyond our everyday experience, particularly those things composed of pure energy (bodily, kū represents spirit, thought, and creative energy. It can also be associated with power, creativity, spontaneity, and inventiveness.)

Kū is of particular importance as the highest of the elements. In martial arts, particularly where the fighting discipline is blended with magic or the occult, one often invokes the power of the Void to connect to the quintessential creative energy of the world. A warrior properly attuned to the Void can sense their surroundings and act without thinking, and without using their physical senses.

Sorry it's a bit long, but this gave me some idea to what Guru'ji could be meaning, from what I initially had none.

(P.s. just had another idea, could we being made of 5 elements actually mean we are made of kam/

It could possibly be referring to the fact that our galaxy is slowly spiraling inwards towards a black-hole, as will everything in the universe eventually. So "the hundreds of thousands of stars shall disappear" is undoubtedly true.

Maffi ji, don't accept everything I said as 100% fact, these are just my own opinions as I like to infuse Science within :)