Sports Club In West London

TaranS

WaheGuru Ji Ka Khalsa,

WaheGuru Ji Ke Fateh!

Khalsa ji, I was looking out any sports activities we have in west london,but haven't seen a lot. Last year I moved into London and I haven't seen any particular clubs whether cricket, hockey, volleyball etc much in west london. I'm more interested field matches or indoor practice sessions. I'm aware that this isn't the best time in the year to have much outdoors, but with less snow and warm winters, it seems quite doable now. Can you please advice a weekend or weekday evening sports events you attend or aware of. Thanks in advance. :stupidme:

Fatheh!

Taran, I think you'll find that cricket and hockey are very much minority sports as far as us west London Sikhs are concerned. When our families came to live here a few generations ago, cricket didn't exist at all as a sport that rural Sikhs played.....as such it's seen more as a sport that Pakistanis and Bombay wales play.

Football is king here.

However....if you do enjoy cricket and hockey, I am surprised that you haven't noticed that one of the largest sports clubs in the whole country...a whole 16 acres of it...is right on your doorstep. It was established by the Maharaja of Patiala in 1916. You'll find it in the Osterley area of Hounslow. :

http://www.indiangymkhanaclub.co.uk/indiangymkhanaclub.co.uk/index.aspx

Thanks Khalsa ji for taking time to respond with what you think as cricket/Hockey being a sports played by pakistani's and bombay walas and next paragraph saying that one in Hounslow was established by Maharaja of Patiala in 1916 :strong:

bhool chook maaf, Fateh!

• 4 months later...