Cardio Vs Resistence Training

DalbirSingh

Which one is better cardio or resistance? What training programme do you use? How long and how often do you work out? How much attention to diet and how much to exercise? Do you believe in power work outs for short term results or regular workouts? Do you believe in supplements? Does the gym or centre you use make a real difference, modern vs local? Can you work out for free or minimal costs? What do you think gets rid of the giani tid?

• 2 months later...

LOL This feels like an interview.

You need both cardio and strength training. I have my own program which suits my needs. My workout never exceeds 50 minutes. I used to be very strict with my diet but not so much anymore. I believe in regular works. Supplements are definitely beneficial but if you structure your diet correctly then there is very little need for them for most people. I adapt my workout to what is available at the Gym. Yes, you can workout for free or relatively cheap. Diet + exercise + dedication.

www.bodyforlife.com

I checked out their system around a decade ago, and whilst the training and diet methods are sound the insistence on taking their supplements, protein shakes / bars, etc., kind of made me feel it was a marketing opportunity to sell their goods. The implication being if you stop taking their products you won't be able to sustain the progress made.

What do you think of their system?