Iphone Vs Andriod (Gurbani)

11Gurus1Jot

Do you loose out as a Sikh with an andriod phone in comparison to an iphone?

As far as Sikh apps are concerned (and only Sikh Apps), which is better, the iphone 3G or new Galaxy Ace or HTC Wildfire, and any other new andriod with a big screen?.

This is just regarding Sikh apps like:

Sikhi to the Max (can you get this on andriod?)

Gurbani Anywhere (can you get this on andriod?)

Sunder Gutka (can you get this on andriod?)

and any other Sikh apps or radia stations available via wifi on andriod?.

Remember, we don't need to discuss other apps, just those Sikh apps, with regards to reading of Gurbani on the phone in particular.

I have a samsung galaxy tab and at the moment to read Gurbani there is a great app called SundarGutka. Works perfectly. Android is what the tab runs

Thanks for that, it's useful to know. Do you know if the apps 'Gurbani Anywhere' and 'Sikhi to the Max' work on your Galaxy Tab?

I was wondering what Sikhi apps worked on 'Galaxy Ace' or HTC Wildfire or similarly priced andriod phone.

I Have an IPhone 4 and the App “Gurbani Anywhere” doesn’t work (because of a upgrade in software) but this software is not available for the 3G so it should still work for you.

With gurbani anywhere you have the basic Nitnem Banis, you can also read any ang by typing the number and you can search any shabad.

I use ISikhi, with this you can just search any shabad, its very simple and to the point.

Other Gurbani Apps include:

INitnem,( the banis include are: Nitnem, Aarti, Asa Di Vaar, Barah Maha, Bavan Akhri, Chandi Di Vaar, Dakhni Oankaar, Dukh Bhanjani Sahib, Laavan, Raagmaala, Rakhya Shabad, Ramkali Ki Vaar, Salok Mahalla Nauva, Shabad Hazarey, sidh Gost and Sukhmani Sahib.)

Sundar Gutka.

Dhur Ki Bani, covers live audio from Darbar Sahib

Supersant, A Sikhi quiz

Sikhism Facts and Sikh Gurus: very basic

Sikh FAQ: just like the website.

And Sikhnet Raido

There are more apps but this is what I have on my phone.

If somebody could now post about the Galaxy Ace or HTC Wildfire then we can compare and see which phone has better Sikhi apps :D