What Is It?

rjp_kaur

waheguru ji ka khalsa,

waheguru ji ki fateh

veerji i think its Harmandir sahib coz its place of "hari"="lord"

vese mein v bohat // suneya citizens of amritsar use to say "darbar sahib"

vese te harek expression theek aa, mean thing is its the best place iss duniya de vich, waheguru hamesha chardikala ch rakhe

agar kuj galat keha geya hove maaf karna

tuhadi sis

guru fateh ji

as my folks are from Amritsar....we call it Darbar Sahib!

i think it is becausewe think of it as a place where we can go and have a kind of judgement (or give our peshi) like Darbar is court...and my mom tells that in old time all the Singhs use to gather at Amritsar and discuss and deciede important matters..and it was sometimes like a courthall of a King....and here the King was Guru Sahib.... :D

but i think Harmandar Sahib is the original name give to it by Guru Sahib........as it is as the 'Shrine of the Lord' and not like temple of Shiva or Krishna which are found all over India.....

the third name is given by Brits....and it has nothing to do with Sikh history...and terms..so on...

vicky jee,

wubb.gif i wana go there now. really best place in world.

^_^ its sure be sri harmandir sahib.u ill find name harmandir in gurbani tuks also.

"har jeeyo harmandir saajea sant bhaagat gun gaaveh raam"

golden temple name came frm british.wats so ever da name its da best best best place in da whole world.

"deethe sabhe thaav nahi tudh jeheaa

badho purakh bidhaate taan tun sohiya

vasdi sagan aapaar aanoop raam das pur

har han naanak kasmal jaaye naayeaye raam das sur"

Guest mehtab

i just remembered a shabad sung by bhai davinder singh sodhi

Amritsar wal jaande raahiyo

Jaana Gurdwaare vai

Harimandir de darshan karke

Tutt jande dukh saare vai

:'(

listen this is to the person who said taranas kachi bani. how could be kachi when it is tellling you how to be a better sikhs. How about the 52 poets of guru gobind singh they always used to make poems like those ,was that kachui bani???? any thing that talks about god isnt kachi bani. How about dadhi vara they preach but most of the time they singh poems now u tell me is that kachi bani. :D :D :D

COOl.. so it is harmander sahib.. GREAT.. Hanjee amar veerjee.. every gurdwara is equal.. but this gurdwara is where u can find our 11th sacche paatshahh and soo much different sikhi vibration, sweet smell of air and awesome sound of kirtan and so on.... SO i guess it's safe to say that its tha holiest place for sikhs as seen by non-sikh viewpoint...... wubb.gif

listen this is to the person who said taranas kachi bani. how could be kachi when it is tellling you how to be a better sikhs. How about the 52 poets of guru gobind singh they always used to make poems like those ,was that kachui bani????  any thing that talks about god isnt kachi bani.  How about dadhi vara they preach but most of the time they singh poems now u tell me is that kachi bani.  :D  :D  :D

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fathe!

can anyone clear navjot singhs point he has a good point pls clear abt kacchi baani thank u