Nutrition Secrets Of The Past!

TigerForce1

Years ago I questioned why the people of Punjab were generally taller, broader and more muscular than the other inhabitants from the Indian subcontinent?

It bugged me for a while and at first my mind swayed towards superior genes with a combination of a high protein diets made up of Lentils, Nuts and Dairy.

Then I started researching the diet of wrestlers of Punjab who were super strong with dense muscular bodies.  Obviously their diets consisted of high intake of Milk, Nuts, Pulses and Clarified Butter but there had to be something else that these people consumed that aided them to acquire these strong physical attributes.

Then it clicked!  I remember speaking to elders when I was young, who spoke about the simplicity of old diets and physical nature of farming jobs that kept them healthy and strong. 

One food that many villagers used to consume was 'Boulee'.  This was a creamy milk desert that was consumed particularly by farmers and wrestlers.

This was the first milk of a Cow or Buffallo after giving birth to a calf.  It was only available for a few days then normal milk would follow.  This milk was produced to insure that the calf would be nourished adequately and grow healthy and strong in it's first few days.

This milk would be given to the calf first and the remainder would be milked and a desert would be made and distributed to children in a household.  Wrestlers would collect this desert and consume it daily as a part of their diet.

This milk is known in the west as 'Cholostrum' or 'First Milk'!  Cholostrum is very high in Protein, has Immune  System boosting agents and a high content of naturally occurring 'Growth Hormone'.  

This is the agent that gives us strong dense bones and muscular growth.  Today's Bodybuilders and athletes inject Growth Hormone in sythetic form to gain size and strength.  This is banned in synthetic form for use in athletics and professional sports, but taking it in from food sources and to increase ones own natural production of Growth Hormone is perfectly legal for athletes and everyday people.

This miracle dessert is one reason for the Height and Broad Frames of the people of Pubjab!   Cholostrum use has become popular in sports throughout the world and the New Zealnders and Australians have been using this for years.  You only have to look at the Maori community and draw the similarities between the body types.

Sadly in the villages of Punjab 'Boulee' is just talked about by the elders as a past food.  The new generation would not even know what it is or of the health benefits of such a Super Food.  The heights and builds of the new generation of Punjabis is reflecting now.

As our Sikh generation are losing ancient secrets for such powerful people of the past, the new world is discovering these secrets and implementing these foods in their diets.  

We look to the future but have so much to learn from the past!

Having just one food that is really good for you wouldn't do the trick. There are multiple factors at play.

1. good food on a daily basis, rich in fresh vegetables, fruit and whole grains

2. lots of exercise, farming and/or other physical activities like kabaddi, kushti which build a lot of strength and running which builds stamena

3. less vikaars (sexual desire specifically) + simple life i.e. low mental stress

I remember my dad telling me one day that my par dada ji was so strong that he could pull a gadda (the thing that an OX pulls) by himself. If I tried, I couldn't move it an inch even! Another relative in our familiy at the time could stomp a rabbit. These things are feats of great strength and speed.

Most jobs these days involve sitting for long hours and thanks to heavy use of machinery, we do not do house chores which require strength and stamina. As a consequence, the body sheds a lot of the muscle, simply because it does not need it. My generation still did/does some physical activity, we used to play outside a lot. But the current generation is not doing that even, they rather sit inside to play games or use MSN etc. This is extremely bad in the long run. Impact of this is already been seen with obesity fast becoming an epidemic in kids under 10 yrs old!

Another big factor is that the amount of kaam in our society has gone through the roof over the past few decades thanks to popularity of media, primarily things like television/movies. Kids these days are hitting puberty much earlier than the previous generation. As Guru Sahib has clearly warned us by saying 'kaam krodh kaya to galey' (Desire and anger rot the body, both the physical one and the emotional one). Combine this with the fact that external factors are causing kaam to show its ugly head earlier and earlier. It's not just that the kids are not ready for such things emotionally, their bodies are not developed enough to handle it either. I personally feel that this is one of the bigger factors in making this generation and the previous quite weak.

OhTwadi!

Interesting theories for summing up factors for a weaker generation.

I agree with what you are saying. I know for a fact that people involved in professional contact sports do refrain from acts of Kaam during fight camps. So I think you've hit the button when it comes to negative affects of Kaam on the human body and mind.

Exercise would also change our physical mass and power but the the bone structure would require something else. Evolution or advanced diets.

I feel that 30 years or so is to short for evolutionary changes to take notable affect so I think that nutrition is where the missing link lies. Again as you stated coupled with lack of exercise and early exposure to Kaam has accelerated the physical structure changes.

Guest Kluivert

Years ago I questioned why the people of Punjab were generally taller, broader and more muscular than the other inhabitants from the Indian subcontinent?

It bugged me for a while and at first my mind swayed towards superior genes with a combination of a high protein diets made up of Lentils, Nuts and Dairy.

Then I started researching the diet of wrestlers of Punjab who were super strong with dense muscular bodies. Obviously their diets consisted of high intake of Milk, Nuts, Pulses and Clarified Butter but there had to be something else that these people consumed that aided them to acquire these strong physical attributes.

Then it clicked! I remember speaking to elders when I was young, who spoke about the simplicity of old diets and physical nature of farming jobs that kept them healthy and strong.

One food that many villagers used to consume was 'Boulee'. This was a creamy milk desert that was consumed particularly by farmers and wrestlers.

This was the first milk of a Cow or Buffallo after giving birth to a calf. It was only available for a few days then normal milk would follow. This milk was produced to insure that the calf would be nourished adequately and grow healthy and strong in it's first few days.

This milk would be given to the calf first and the remainder would be milked and a desert would be made and distributed to children in a household. Wrestlers would collect this desert and consume it daily as a part of their diet.

This milk is known in the west as 'Cholostrum' or 'First Milk'! Cholostrum is very high in Protein, has Immune System boosting agents and a high content of naturally occurring 'Growth Hormone'.

This is the agent that gives us strong dense bones and muscular growth. Today's Bodybuilders and athletes inject Growth Hormone in sythetic form to gain size and strength. This is banned in synthetic form for use in athletics and professional sports, but taking it in from food sources and to increase ones own natural production of Growth Hormone is perfectly legal for athletes and everyday people.

This miracle dessert is one reason for the Height and Broad Frames of the people of Pubjab! Cholostrum use has become popular in sports throughout the world and the New Zealnders and Australians have been using this for years. You only have to look at the Maori community and draw the similarities between the body types.

Sadly in the villages of Punjab 'Boulee' is just talked about by the elders as a past food. The new generation would not even know what it is or of the health benefits of such a Super Food. The heights and builds of the new generation of Punjabis is reflecting now.

As our Sikh generation are losing ancient secrets for such powerful people of the past, the new world is discovering these secrets and implementing these foods in their diets.

We look to the future but have so much to learn from the past!

Know I understand why so many Punjabi's have cardio vascular problems. No disrespect, but this diet sounds very unpractical. You theory is interesting but your argument of superior fatigues of the older Punjabis regarding diet sounds flawed.

The reason why Punjabis and northern Indians differ in their build from other Indians, because the Majority of Northern Indians originate from the Aryan tribes, which migrated into Northern India, modern day Pakistan, Afghanistan and Iran. The Aryan tribes were tribes that moved from southern Russia and southern Europe. As for the original Indians, called Dravidians, they migrated from Africa to India thousands of years ago before Aryans migration to India.

If you are interested in this, BBC did 6 chapter documentaries on story of India.

Kluivert!

Thats something that applies to the primary reasons for the creation of broader, taller, bigger boned people. For instance you are stating that the superior gene pool contributed to the builds of the North Indian people.

But to maintain those physical attributes and to lose them over the space of 30 years cannot be possble if gene pool is the cause, because those same group of people are reproducing with the same community.

Look at the present North Indian Sikhs from the age groups between 18 to 30 and compare to the previous generation. Bone structure and height is much smaller.

Growth Hormone increases height and gives you broader bone structure in just one generation. The previous generation of Sikhs were consuming this from a natural source without knowing too much about the science but they knew this was a super food. Coupled with clean food and physical jobs made these people physically stronger than the rest of Indias people.

Another way to look at this is by comparing the Americans to British. Same ancestors and source of gene pool. The Americans are broader and taller than Brits although they are fatter due to poor modern diets.

I don't know the content of US milk but if it has a high content of colostrum then this could be the reason. The Americans consume much more milk than the Brits.

Something to think about that has no evidence to back it up!

Another theory!

Here's the Science to back up my theory and claims. I could be wrong but I think that I read that the Growth Hormone is absorbed through the mucus membranes when consumed orally.

This product is consumed now by Australian Athletes and New Zealand Rugby players. So I think that there is a string enough case for it's benefits.

If it doesn't bore you read the following:

(1) Immune Factors: Active components that have very significant effects on the immune system, promoting a stronger, more efficient immune response and providing antibodies which fight specific infections.

Colostrum contains over 95 Immune Factors to provide protection against bacteria, toxins, virus and disease. They activate numerous processes that are critical to the healthy function of the immune system.

Proline-rich Polypeptide (PRP) is a hormone that helps regulate the thymus gland, stimulating an under active immune system or subduing an overactive immune system in cases where it has begun to attack the tissues of the body. An over active immune system has been linked to autoimmune diseases such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, scleroderma, chronic fatigue syndrome, and allergies. An under-active system is associated with an increased risk for infectious conditions, cancer and bacterially related heart disease.

Colostrum contains all 5 Immunoglobulins (known as antibodies) that support the human immune system:

IgA: neutralizes toxins and microbes in the lymphatic and circulatory system

IgM: estroys bacteria

IgE and IgD: highly antiviral

IgG: helps against invading pathogens

Lactoferrin, has been shown to contain antiviral, anti-bacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It is an iron-binding protein with therapeutic effects in cancer, HIV, cytomegalovirus, herpes, chronic fatigue syndromes, candida albicans, and other infections. Lactoferrin helps deprive bacteria of the iron they require to reproduce, and releases iron into the red blood cells enhancing oxygenation of tissues.

Many drug manufacturers have tried to isolate and synthesize the individual immune factors found in colostrum, including interferon and gamma globulin. There is no question that the significantly elevated concentrations of immune factors, essential factors, and growth factors, and the basics ound naturally in colostrum are far superior to medical drugs for many people.

(2) Natural Growth Factors: Effective in reducing the symptoms associated with aging.

Rejuvenating the body's levels of human growth hormone (HGH) is one of the hottest therapies for helping aging men and women maintain a more youthful vitality, trim muscular body, and strong immune and cardiovascular function.

Studies show that an aging person exhibits lower levels of growth hormone than a younger one. With all 87 naturally occurring anti-aging growth factors found in colostrum, many of the diseases and conditions of aging can be improved.

The biologically active growth factors in bovine colostrum protect the body against disease and assist the body in the following processes:

♦ Stimulates cellular and tissue growth

♦ Repairs and helps reverse the damage done by disease and the natural aging process

♦ Increases metabolism

♦ Reduces fat and increases muscle mass

♦ Involved in regeneration of the heart, lung and liver tissue, plus other organs and tissues throughout the body

♦ Stimulates protein synthesis, which is critical for the renewal of skin and bones

♦ Affects neurotransmitters in the brain, improving moods and mental acuity

The regenerative effects of colostrum extend to nearly all the body's structural cells. This makes colostrum invaluable in the quest to prevent premature aging.

(3) Metabolic Factors: Influence the restoration and maintenance of the body's proper metabolic levels. One key benefit of colostrum is a rich source of growth hormone, one of the master growth factors that assists the body to efficiently burn fat. This is supported by research from the Medical Endocrinological Department of the University Clinic of Internal Medicine, Aahus Dommune-hospital, Denmark. Researchers found that when subjects received growth hormone, fat oxidation (i.e., the burning of fat for energy) contributed 71.7 per cent of the body's energy expenditure, compared to only 48 percent without administration of growth hormone. In addition, colostrum's IGF-1 inhibits the burning of body proteins for energy, as stated by researchers from the Department of Pediatrics, University of Auckland, New Zealand.