Family Life Or Individual?

Guest SikhForLife

This topic comes up alot on other sites, I just wanted to get the sangat's views on it. People say you can't really receive salvation by living in a family, by taking care of the family, working, etc. You must live alone, do bhagti, simran, jap bani, in order to receive TRUE salvation and meet Waheguru ji.

Guru Nanak Dev ji already said you should live a grihst jeevan (family life), and also remember Waheguru with every breath, I personally beleive its twice as hard to get to that stage while living in the family and you have to try twice as hard to fight kaam, and moh within the family.

True sants like Sant Baba Isher Singh ji, and Sant Baba Nand Singh ji, also kaleranwale sant, lived with the sangat and preached only the one Almighty, and did years and years of bhagti, which brought em to that level.

What do you guys think?

:T:

Guest SikhForLife

hindus believe in that man(i-think).. not sikhs.. we dont separate ourselves from humans/beings/society/environment.. cuz thats where God RESIDES

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

we must live in this maya yet be above it.. like a lillipad floats on a pond.

we MUST live gristhi jeevan (We dont have to but we should). And yes its easy for you to go up into a mountain and do bhagti, but there is no point, wheres the challenge?

Waheguroo ji ka Khalsa Waheguroo ji ki Fateh !!

Guru sahib said

**Saadh sang mera mann laaga, logan seon mera tha tha baagha**

Living in the world, keep mind with Guru sahib

There has been seen a quote by Guru Hargobind Singh sahib ji when some muslim faqir asked how can he be a guru when he has a wife and a son and has horses, money and everything...

"Daulat guzraan hai, aurat imaan hai, beta nisaan hai"

Then Guru sahib mentioned at number of places how important grehst life is.. if it wuldn't have been reqd then all guru sahibs wuldn't have got married.... and there is no bhagat as guru sahibs...

then guru sahib said **jaise jal mein kamal niraalam murgaai nishaane**

we have to live in the world as lotus grows in dirty pond but keeps itself pure.. murgaabi goes inside the water for food but when it comes back it doesn't have a drop of water on it.. so we have to live in world like this...

Daas

Waheguroo ji ka Khalsa Waheguroo ji ki Fateh !!

Guest mehtab

i agree with khalsaji rolleyes.gif

its way harder to live life as a householder :D

just imagine how awesome Sikhi is! :nihungsmile:

in medieval india, hindus (the common population) were oppressed and muslims (invaders) were oppressors ohmy.gif

Guru Sahib made Sikhs into saint soldiers, coz a saint alone can be oppressed, a soldier alone can be a cruel oppressor...Gurujee made saint soldiers...who don't oppress and cant be oppressed either! wubb.gif

Guru's Sikhs are suppoed to be living life as a "householder+sanyasi" combined together...a sanyasi alone misses out on a lot of that happens in the world...a householder alone falls into maya's trap...Guruji made rasak-vairagi...rasak is some1 who lives within the world involved with it...vairagi is some1 detached from maya...a Sikh is rasak-vairagi...living in the middle of total maya and

still indifferent to it! wubb.gif

lets try to be this way :D )

DHANN MERE SATGURU ^_^

DHANN TERI SIKHI ^_^

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

waheguru ji.....i had this talk with my dad in the past month....according to his explanation, he said that living

in a family does cause moh, peyar, stress, and all this other

stuff, but when you choose the way of doing bhagtee, it's not easy either , i mean you could do it, and you will have a better chance of meeting god, but we only hear this from the sants who have been succesfull in this dissision. he said doing bhagtee alone is not as easy as it seems, because you can't grow out of what you've left behind, everyone has a dream of making a family, but then to just concentrate on bhagti, you have to leave the dreams out of your life, because while meditating on guru ji's naam, your concentration will not really be at one place but if you r succefull the results will always be better, as that is with any worldly thing, if you take the harder way you get to a better path....

wahrguru ji, this is only mine and my dad's opinion, i respect yours just as much....^_^

bhul chuk muaff karni

guru fateh... ^_^

waheguru ji ka khalsa

:pary: waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest mehtab

This brings up another point!

The reason why Guru Sahib stressed on both sewa and simran!

Sewa alone will bring ahankaar, as one might think ki vekho mai kinni sewa kiti, mai na howaan te Gurdwara na challe. So we need simran, so that we realize that its WAHEGURU who is doing everything not us. Also those who do only simran can also have ahankaar, and think ki vekho mere jinna paath koi ni kar sakda. So when they do sewa, when the clean sangat's shoes and wash utensils, they will realize that they are daas of Guru da darbaar. Therefore both ways the haumai gets killed. Therefore sewa n simran both are important.

Our Guru Sahibs jeess wanted everyone to be like a true bhagat.. Everyone gets a fair share of their life to do naam simran.. So how the world population will be balanced if all says im not gonna marry cauz i want to be more like gurus servant....

Sangantooo.. married life is important in sikhi and YES married person can get into the saachkhand.. But the thing is that BOTH PARTNER should think alike and be a good team member to lead their way to guru's feet.. That's why It's important for amritdhari person to marry only amritdhari.. cauz their thinking, social lifestyle matches thats how we say "Two bodies, One soul" stuff... Im not amrtishak.. but i know i will be before i get into marriage panga.. :nihungsmile: