Possible For German Sikh Girl To Live In Punjabi Sikh Family

SimranKaur235

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Simran Kaur ji,

Can't force Anyone to have you as a Tenant.

BUT

If you take a full house on rent, then sublet !

Choose your own paying guests.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Simran Kaur ji,

Can't force Anyone to have you as a Tenant.

BUT

If you take a full house on rent, then sublet !

Choose your own paying guests.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

:ihazcookie:

:waheguru: ji ka khalsa

:waheguru: ji ki fateh,

yes i cant force...i didnt force. thats why i asked here. because i even didnt asked any family. i only read the adverts.

Rent own room is good thing, if i had own family then sure i could have guestroom in my house which i rent to people who need. but now i need just a room.....yesssss good idea you gave me....i really would like to do that, but i am afraid my salary is not that much to rent a >3 bedroom house.

But dont worry i will not force anyone.

:waheguru: ji ka khalsa

:waheguru: ji ki fateh

:ihazcookie:))))))))))

Other options,

1. Give an advert -

Part time Cleaning, washing and cooking help available in exchange for Food & Lodging.

2. Take the matrimonial route for a permanent solution :biggrin2:

Guest GuptJoothi

Honestly, I find most punjabis ethnocentric... I think that might have a bit to do with it. Not all, but a significant portion; enough to be mentioned. They most likely have a western bias and are reluctant to look at a westerner as one of their own. For some reason they look at sikhism and punjabism as being monolithic. I personally do not like the punjabi-sikh connection because it often dissuades others from becoming members of sikhism; not that we're a missionary religion.

I think you should continue searching, you're bound to find an accommodation that suits you.

• 8 months later...
Guest Gagandeep singh

......its not difficult to adopt our culture.............actually old sikh family like only sikh girl ..................but it is not too difficult to be a sikh girl..................leave drinking..........leave smoking...........leave going to bars................actually these are not the restrictions but this is only for ur benefits....................doing this will make u realise from heart that u have changed.................

Guest YaseSingh

Was ist aus dir geworden? Deine Erfahrugen könnten anderen weiterhelfen. Hast du geschafft eine Unterkunft zu finden? Schade , dass ich diesen Thread nicht vorher gefunden habe - dann hätte ich dir helfen können.

I just wanted to ask what happend further with you?

The above is written in German - Just asking what happend and what she does now - please do not delete .

yes. i thought about that also. but then i thought, that it sounds like 'using, just for my own purpose'. that i dont like. i surely would learn the punjabi culture by sideeffect, by living in punjabi family, but that was not my intention. my intention is just feeling home and familar.

But you are right. if i am always too shy and reserved i would not have success.

coming to India , welcome to be our family guest , can send pm for further interact

WJKKWJKF

Don't worry Simran you will find accommodation:-)

When I moved to London, it was hard at first and I went through the same problem as you, then I moved in with an old lady and it was much better.

If you ask at your local Gurdwara I am sure someone will be able to help you. I am sure there is an old lady looking for company from a girl like you as well. Have faith.

Good luck