Severe Ocd (Bad Unwanted Thoughts)

Guest stuckinadoorway

Guest stuckinadoorway

I have relentless OCD. I have it in the Gurdwara even more sometimes. The thoughts are blasphemous and sexual and sometimes a mixture of both. I have been advised to go to the Gurdwara at amrtivela and do simran. I try but sometimes my OCD gets worse when I am in the Gurdwara and I feel worse off then if I hadn't had gone altogether. My mind then tells me I am being punished for my thoughts and that I am unwelcome in the Gurdwara. I have been like this for years but recently it has become worse. I have had CBT from a psychologist but it did not work and I am on SSRIs which help a bit but not completely.

I really don't know why I have to go through this. Maybe I slandered a saint in my past life or even this one. Some of my thoughts are towards saints. The sufferings of such slanderers are indescribable. What hope it there for me? Is there a solution? I pray, pray and pray by doing ardas but it seems like God is not listening. This problem just does not leave me alone. I don't know what to do. I have also tried seva. Sometimes the thoughts then come while I am doing seva and it just feels so wrong doing seva while I have these thoughts so I stop it.

What am I to do?

Naam Simran, embark on the path of true bhagti(silencing the mind through Samadhi). Think of these thoughts as a gift from god, like a challenge he wants you to overcome, everyone gets bad thoughts, when they get really bad, you know you need to turn to god, we all truly need him 100%.

When I used to have really negative thoughts naam simran/bhagti was the only thing that helped them cease.

The mind is the cause of all suffering in life, it brings only pain- most think negative thoughts are normal- they are not, we are all mentally diseased until we rid our minds of negativity no matter how normal we think we are. Society has led us to believe bad thoughts are normal and for us to accept them- bad thoughts are the root cause of Kalyug.

Satnam Ji.

Guest sleepy head

Its weird i get these thoughts when i go to gurdwara too. Not all time but more at gurdwara. Used to cry lots that i go with clean mind with happiness. When i get there like god knows wat takes over. i think with me its started when i got ill and was trying to clarify with myself why this happen why that. And the thoughtget stuck. Somebody told me something once about a babaji type. May not even be true but that thought has stuck for long time and now i compare and think all mahapursh. You have to keep reminding yourself NO They are not like that. NOT to think like that.

Soon as thoughts come do nam simran and keep asking god to stop them.

You have to mentally fight them and shout at them and tell them that they will not take over.

Hum avgun bhare ek gun naahi..by Guru Raam Daas Ji...We are paapis and the only perfect one is Vaheguru....its all a test and you must fight it with ardaas and naam simran! no matter how much these bad thoughts keep coming even when your doing naam simran...keep doing it and you will fight it!

GURUFATEH G

SEE THIS IS NORMAL THO MOST PPL PROBABLY WONT ADMIT IT DIRTY THOUGHTS CAN COME IN GURUDWARA JUST AS DIRTY ACTIONS AS WELL.ONE POSITIVE THING IS U R CONTROLLING UR THOUGHTS BEFORE THEY BECOME ACTIONS BUT THE PROBLEM IS U NEED TO SURRENDER UR MIND TO THE GURU AND PRAY. YOU MUST BE READY FOR AN INNER BATTLE. THE PROBLEM IS THAT MAYA IS VERY STICKY. MAYA BUILDS UP WHEN YOU GET CLOSE TO GOD. YOU I N UR MIND WANT TO BIND WITH GURU SAHIB I CAN TELL CAUSE OTHERWISE THESE THOUGHTS WONT BOTHER U. THE FIVE THEIVES LUST ANGER EGO ATTACHMENT AND GREED DO NOT WANT YOU TO BIND WITH GOD. WHY? CAUSE GOD IS LIKE THE LIGHT OF A TRILLION SONS AND THIS LIGHT KILLS THE SHADOWS OF THE MIND. EVERYONE LOVES THE SUN BUT SOME DONT. WHO ? THIEVES DONT LIKE THE SUN BECAUSE THEY CAN NOT ROB. SO BASICALLY THIS IS EXPECTED THAT THE CLOSER U GET TO GURU SAHIN THE MORE THESE THOUGHTS COME . HERES THE ONLY WAY TO FIGHT THEM. EVEN YOGIS WHO LEAVE THEIR HOMES AND DONT EVER TOUHCH MONEY HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO ESCAPE MAYA AND KILL THEIR MIND. YOU HAVE ONE WAY AND THAT IS TO SURRENDER TO THE ONE GOD WHO CONTROLS ALL MAYA. YOU CANT FIGHT UR MIND ALONE U NEED GURU U NEED GOD. SURRENDER TO GOD AND BEAR THE BATTLE. YES IT WILL BE HARD BUT TRUST GURU SAHIB. BIND WITH BANI AND SIMRAN. SURRENDER YOUR HEAD TO THE GURU AND WHEN U HAVE A BAD THOUGHT WHAT I DO TO MY VIKAARS IS I TELL THEM THAT NOW MY GURU IS HERE AND HE WILL KIL U CAUSE THAT IS GURU JIS NATURE I TELL MY VIKAARS AISH KARO TUSEE BAS TOREE CHAYR LEE ITHE NE :p

Guest marriage_dharma

Just get married, I know I need to. Its your natural urges taking over your mind cos of the fact we're all getting married rather later than our ancestors did =)

Guest stuckinadoorway

It seems like some of you don't know what pure OCD is. It is a medical condition where you have unwanted thoughts which just get stuck in your head. It is like there is a glitch in the system. Its nothing to do with natural urges and all that and getting married.