Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_singhni_

Any Advice Please

10 posts in this topic

Vaheguru je ka Khalsa vaheguru je ke fateh je

Anyone got any tips on how to fix a riped ear asap :( basically I tie my keski over my ears and have somehow managed it cut into my ear & it could be infected but can't get to doctors at the moment so any quick fix ideas? (wearing keski under ears isnt a oprion though)

Please help as it hurts loads :(

Guru kirpa

Vaheguru je ka Khalsa vaheguru je ke fateh

Put some medicated ointment on it, Zambuk is good (sold at Boots), then apply double bandaid/elasterplast to cushion the wound while to heals.

Follow Bundha's advice. Use an antiseptic ointment to prevent infection, and i would suggest to put a ball of cotton to cushion the ear while it heals.

Also, to prevent this from happening again, use softer keski material if possible.

You should take two tissues and fold them (one for each ear). Then put one side of the tissue behind your ear and the other covering the top of your ear. Then Tie your keski over them and you shouldn't have any more cuts.

1 person likes this

Could it be anything to do with the material of the keski? (it's maal maal)

Try to use full voile. I tried using mal mal but my dumalla got too small and it was loose.

I got chemical full voile and it helped a lot. You just need to fold it (once or twice) very evenly and bring it over your ear. If you have it evenly done it will not hurt at all. Do not make it excessively tight from the ears. Once you bring the lards over your ears then you can make the dastaar/keski tighter .

I am not sure about dumalla materials but for normal mal mal turban , I would get ear burns if i dry them in open/sun. Now I wear turban all machine washed and dried (more smoother). Also, never wear turban twice. Wear once and send it to wash (hard to implement but try it).

Also follow what sunsingh mentioned in his reply.

Every person has different size/shape of ears... so to some it suits and to some it doesn't..

you could also wrap the first few layers under your ear, and the rest over.

This works 100%