International Sikh Conference Update

Satkaar

International Sikh Conference Update

Press Release & Sangat Update

Birmingham UK. 25 August 2011

www.SatkaarCampaign.blogspot.com

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Hundreds of Sikhs gathered at the Sikh Channel studios on 21st August 2011 in Birmingham, UK to hold a live telecast Panthic conference on the horrific Beadbi (sacrilege) of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroops in Udhampur Nalla, Punjab last week and the on-going Beadbi which also takes place in India and the UK.

Representatives from the major UK Panthic Jathebandiaans attended as well as members of the UK Sikh Sangat. The majority of the attendees of the conference communicated an overwhelming passion to stand up to the issues of Beadbi within the UK, especially the issue of the gross beadbi regarding Gurdwara Halls permitting meat, alcohol and parties. Some members of the UK Sikh Sangat expressed a frustration built up over the years where a feeling that Jathebhandi leaders in the UK may not have done enough to address these issues of beadbi.

The telecast highlighted a strong voice of emotion and hurt felt from the Beadbi towards Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj, and it was clear that the general UK Sangat contributing to the show unanimously supported the following action points:

1. To educate all Sikhs about Guru Sahib Ji and the Satkaar and Seva needed in Gurdwaras in the UK and Punjab

2. To unite and further the grassroots Satkaar Campaign Gurdwara reform movement to ensure that all Beadbi in the UK is stopped immediately, so that the UK can be an ideal example of Satkaar for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj

3. Support active Gursikhs in India with resources, cash etc. whatever they need to continue and enhance their fight to stop the Beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroops.

The Satkaar Campaign's Sevadaars feel that it is now more important than ever that the UK Sikh Sangat unites to voice its concern that the authority of Akaal Takhat Sahib is being undermined and Satkaar for Sri Guru Granth Ji Maharaaj is deteriorating. As we have said all along, it is the duty of every Sikh to be alert on these issues. Collectively, nothing can stop the UK Sangat on this issue, since Gurmat is firmly on our side.

Further, we have one final Benti (request) to all Panthic Jathebandiaan in the UK: whilst we recognise and thank you for the ongoing support you have provided to the Satkaar Campaign whenever requested, we would humbly request that you each take a PRO-ACTIVE approach towards maintaining Satkaar for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, rather than a RE-ACTIVE one. We are convinced that, with Guru Ji's blessings, all Beadbi relating to Gurdwara party halls can be stopped in a matter of days if the offending Gurdwara committees get the firm and united message from all UK Panthic Jathebandiaan that Beadbi will no longer be tolerated in the UK.

The Satkaar Campaign's Sevadaars are always willing to speak to, and work with, any individual or Jathebandi, at any time to further the Satkaar Campaign agenda. We look forward to hearing from such Panthic Jathebandiaan in the UK so that we can collectively work together to stop Beadbi happening in the UK.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

1. Educate all Sikhs about Guru sahib and the stakaar and seva needed in Gurdwaras.

2. Get together and further the Satkaar campaign in the U.K. to ensure all beadbi in England is tackled and it stops comepletely so that that island can be an ideal example of the satkaar of Guru sahib.

3. Support singhs like the Ajnala Jatha and Sant Baljit Singh Ji's jatha with Singhs, resources, cash etc. whatever they need to continue and enhance their fight to stop the beadbi of Guru Sahib.

Glad to see what I wrote went to some good use! Atleast now I know writing on this forum isn't a waste of time :)

I hope you all can actually unite in the U.K and achieve those goals. It would really be amazing :)

Sikh Channel have organised another Sikh conference this Saturday, however this time it's "exclusive" to Jathebhandis even though it will be telecast.

I sincerely hope it's an effective gathering and not a "sweeping under the carpet" excercise. Those attending and representing the UK Sikh community need realise that any non-commitments will be transparent to the Panth. The issue of beadbi is international and not just confined to Punjab, many will not realise what Satkaar Campaign are having to do behind the scenes with convos with Prabhandak Committees, Families, Wedding Organisers, Granthis who are still willing to carry out the beadbi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji's Saroop and Gurdwara Properties. Just for this coming weekend 2 Anand Karajs were planned in inappropriate venues and 1 party was planned in a Gurdwara Hall, which with the kirpa of Guru Ji have been resolved.

In the last 8 years (since 2004) no established Jathebhandi has done much to combat the beadbi of Guru Ji's Saroop being taken to Hotels, Banqueting Halls and the beadbi of Party Halls in Gurdwara properties. It has been the common Sikh from the street who has stood at UK morchay outside Hilton Hotel, Baylis House, Lakeside Hotel, Clay Oven to name a few as well as morchay at Gurdwaras such as Northampton, Milton Keynes, Leeds, Sunderland, Grays and Dudley.

The leaders who continually give us lip service and use excuses about the "long term" and "parchaar" need to realise that this is all they have beein saying for the last 8 years.

Sangat TV hosted their own live "conference" last night in competition to Sikh Channel's live Pashatpa samagam from Ealing Gurdwara. Must admit, Sangat TV got the one up on Sikh Channel as the main Jathedbhandi leaders were there.

It did feel like some of the Jathebhandi leaders continually felt they had to attempt to justify what they have been doing to combat beadbi over the last 30 years as defense to comments from the Youth at the Sikh Channel show last week. I think it's more paranoia then anything, steming from a lack of naujwaan in roles of leadership. Due to the non-existance of naujwaan in these positions, perhaps some of the the elders feel a sense of threat from naujwaan, I certainly felt last nights Sangat TV show showed that.

Nevertheless, these generation gaps need to be bridged sooner rather than later because they are nothing more than misunderstandings and miscommunications.

This international Sikh Conference was nothing more than a rant and rave by highly emotional youth who were howling for blood. Their disruptive and boisterous behavour and lack of respect towards the elders was disgusting. Not only that, when a single Sikh woman got on stage to speak, she was completely ignored and the rude and disrespectful youth just continued to talk over her.

The youth made ridiculous demands from the elders such as saying that the UK jathebandian should publically encourage young Singhs to go out and murder people who do beadbi and that if they bring that persons head back then it should be weighted in gold. They also demanded that UK jathebandian publically pledge to give money to the families of Singhs killed or imprisoned after they murder the perpetrators of beadbi.

Effectively, they were asking respectable and mainstream UK jathebandian to incite violence on TV, and it was highly unsurprising that the elders walked off in disgust and that the Sikh channel programme had to be called off air.

The youth used bully boy tactics and tried to force the members of this event to pass another empty resolution, as if panthic resolutions can just be passed in this kind of way. Also demanding that the elders put their hands into their pockets and fund the baba in India, Baljeet Singh Daduwal, so that he and his chelay can go around throwing brings and waving sticks at Sacha Sauda meetings.

However, the same youth, who earn big money in professional jobs would never put their hands into their own pockets and give daswand, instead they ask old men and pensioners to do it.

Youth displayed lack of intellect, lack of diplomacy and pure bully boy tactics. Shame on you.

They also demanded that UK jathebandian publically pledge to give money to the families of Singhs killed or imprisoned after they murder the perpetrators of beadbi.

They actually didn't say that. Kam Singh said to provide money for imprisoned Sikhs that were trying to get beadbi to stop, not to give assistence for those who "murder the perpetrators" as you so put it.

Daduwal and his cheley waving sticks at Sacha Sauda meetings? Who are you? LOL

Sant Baljit Singh Ji have gone to numerous pinds and taken dozens of Saroops of Guru Sahib from places where beadbi was taking place.. like people putting the Saroop on shleves or in trunks and calling it a Gurdwara.

Kam Singh didn't say "YOU GUYS HAVE TO PAY FOR THIS".. he was asking them to show wether they agreed with the motion to provide funds for the Singhs in India who are fighting beadbi as a collective sangat.

Are you a Dera panthi by any chance? You're not very up to date on the beadbi issue.

Singhballer, it doesnt matter who I am, this conversation isnt about me. And I dont even know what a dera panthi is, but I'm supposing that its a bad thing as you have directed that accusation towards me.

Daduwal has done satkaar work in Punjab and I commend him for that. But I also think that he is a trouble maker and an uneducated pindu who thinks that starting fights with Sacha Sauda followers is some kind of great panthic work. And its not as if him and his chelay can even do that properly, given that the best they have ever been able to achieve is give as good as they get on a couple of occassions when both sides have waved sticks and thrown bricks at each other for a few hours. If that is your idea of great panthic work, then fair play to you.

Daduwal is doing this for popularity and publicity. He wants to be the new Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and the Indian Government want him to be too. Hence why they arrested him and then quickly released him, as he suits their purposes, as a radical Sikh, disrupting harmony in Punjab, and destabilising the Sikh Kaum further.

It is no surprise that noone wants to support him. The jathedars dont like him, the politicans dont like him and the heads of all the main jathebandian dont like him. He is a liability and a dangerous and harmful force for the Sikh kaum.

There is no way in hell that I would pay money to him and his chelay so that they can supposedly spend it on bringing 'dushts' to justice. No Sikh with a brain would do it either, hence why the heads of jathebandian told Kam Singh and his gang of morons to get lost. If they want to give money to Daduwal, then these youth should get together and reach into their own pockets and give daswand that way. However, these cry baby youth wont get off their own backsides and do it, and think its fair game to ask other people to do it for them.

And then on National television, they are suggesting that Sikh jathebandian should basically openly support militant activity, when these same jathebandian are trying to convince the rest of the world that we are not terrorists and that we are peaceful people and that our kids will not stab other kids at school with their kirpans.

If you guys want to bring Dushts to justice and weigh their heads in gold, you do not need any pledges from uk jathebandian, nor do you need their permission. You are not babies. Take responsiblity for your actions and dont expect the rest of the kaum to pick up the pieces and support your families when you go to jail, because you wanted to have your little bit of fun, feel like a mahaan soorma of the panth, and completely go against what the elders are saying.

Good luck and get lost

pedrorizzo: The elders you are referring to are not just any old pensioners picked up from the streets across UK, they are the very people who have collected money in the names of Shaheeds and projects to provide assistance for Shaheeds families. Why should they not be held accountable for all the misplaced funds and be asked to do as they promised? Your posts, however critical and in places true regarding the Youths statements, stink of an indivudual deprived of any warrior spirit.

Bro, I do not exercise my warrior spirit by making ridiculous demands on TV and by misusing the jaikara when it suits my agenda. Im the first to say Sikhs should be prepared physically, both via martial arts and by military training so that we are capable for conflict.

However, that is exactly the point. We were not prepared for armed conflict in 84, and we are much much less prepared now. If the carnage in 84 was great, the carnage now will be ten fold.

Kam Singh is howling for some kind of revolution to take place. The kind that was expected in the 80s and didnt happen because it was brutally repressed and because we as a community are not ready for it. If you havent learnt that yet, then you never will.

Regarding warrior spirit and martial training, try getting one of these over emotional youth into it and see if you succeed. They are good at shouting jaikareh and beating up members of their own community but tell them go to a martial arts class and learn to throw a punch, they will be scared about their pagh falling off and goreh laughing at their kesh, and if you tell them to join the army and get military training, they will make some other silly excuse about how it messes up their jeevan.

Your point regarding accountability of funds is a fair one. However, I would also extend that back to you and say where is the accountability regarding funds that Daduwal has already collected in India and in the UK, and will continue to collect for 'panthic work'?

If you are into making pledges, then we should make a new one now, right now, not tommorrow, Right now, a pledge that all of the UK Sikh YOUTH will donate £5 a month into a fund... and this fund will be used to fund the satkaar campaign. If you guys agree to this then I will also join in and contribute like everybody else.