New Book: Sri Dasam Granth Sahib: Questions And Answers

GSMANN

Got my copy of this book in mail yesterday. One thing i like about the book is that contents are very easily understandable and its layout is well organized.

Very straight forward answers. Best tool if you want to clear misconceptions that other ppl have on sri dasam granth sahib.

Haven't gotten a chance to read the whole book but will do so next week.

Give yourself a chance to look over the content rather than just focusing on author :)

Got my copy of this book in mail yesterday. One thing i like about the book is that contents are very easily understandable and its layout is well organized.

Very straight forward answers. Best tool if you want to clear misconceptions that other ppl have on sri dasam granth sahib.

Haven't gotten a chance to read the whole book but will do so next week.

Give yourself a chance to look over the content rather than just focusing on author :)

Fair point - don't judge a book by it's cover. Perhaps you can give us your opionion when you have had a chance to read the whole book.

It's just I have had first hand experience with these nangs and they are becoming more popular to some factions of young boys who are easily led and see their way as the easy way out. i.e. be a sikh with bana but still do all the puthay kam...

Guest Kluivert

Hello everyone,

This is my first post regarding anything religious, as I have explained in my profile; I'm half Dutch and half Punjabi. My father is not follower of any religion but my mother still follows some of the Sikh religion, she is not baptised and only in the last few years I have shown interest.

The first book that was given to me as a present was warrior saints, the book was really well presented and written with great intellect and knowledge. It's the first book that questioned my beliefs in general. I have read another book by the same group call Sikhs tigers and thieves, another fantastic book.

Sorry my brother, I would have to disagree with you about your remark. I think, everyone has an opinion and these books are written to express this. When it comes to books explaining history, nothing is wrong or right and everything needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. In my opinion this includes all holy text that has been translated, Punjabi is not easy to translate into English.

Hello everyone,

This is my first post regarding anything religious, as I have explained in my profile; I'm half Dutch and half Punjabi. My father is not follower of any religion but my mother still follows some of the Sikh religion, she is not baptised and only in the last few years I have shown interest...........

I will not say anything about the book as I have not read it, but at least look at as much different sources as you can and of course the main source should be Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

As you look more and more you'll quietly realize what the truth is and the subtle differences in texts are. It's all about progressing.

Full review of the book by Dr Harpal Singh Pannu:

After going through this book I felt it is first attempt in English to solve many riddles created by some critics/mischiefmongers against Sri Dasam Granth Sahib. English readers will find it easy to delve deep now into the spirit of this mysterious granth...................

I am surprised that professors at Patialla University can write all this.

You can not be spending time reading Granth Sahib to verify your stories, your research is poor to say the least and probably paid by people to mislead Sikhs.

You are doing a grave disservice to Sikhism.

Just a few of things that you want to do some research in-

1. There was no Bala with Guru Nanak ever - try the net there is plenty of people who have done this by now.

2. There was no dasam granth in the time of Gurus - Guru Gobind Singh had plenty of opportunity to add his documents into the SGGS as Guru Arjan did - he did not see it was necessary.

3. The said dasam granth was created by unhelpful Sikhs under the chairmanship of the British in late 1800 to early 1900s.

Mod edit: I'm approving this post again, everyone should take note of the following snippet from Forum Rules & Guidelines

Insulting Sikhi, Shabad Guru, Khalsa Panth, Akal Takhat, Sikh identity, Dasam Granth, Sikh Scriptures and calling Sikhi a sect of any other religion will result in the user's ID being disabled until further notice.

That is exactly what I'm going to do.

You're surprised because it's true and now the entire academic and intellectural realm is starting to understand this except for a group of fake missionaries trying to gather support abroad.

Intellectually and spiritually unpard people like kala afghana and darshan rama can not understand the Sri Dasam Granth Sahib because of their egos. You know the old Punjabi saying that goes something along the lines of: the guy realizes he's wrong, but he's gone too far to admit it. That's exactly what's going on.

Respect the Sri Akaal Takht Sahib.

I'm sure Gurinder Singh Mann and other knowledgeable individuals would be more than happy to put a lid on this ignorance.

We need to understand that this book is not about Niddar singh. This is about Dasam Granth sahib.

I know GS Mann from UK and he has a lot of knowledge about Dasam Granth sahib. We had an international seminar on Dasam Granth at sacramento, California and he was invited to present his views. he did a great job in dispelling lies of anti dasam granth lobby. The year was 2008.

Read the book.It has excellent information. I applaud great service done by our brothers for khalsa panth.