Gatka Akharas Lineages

Guru_Da_Chella

saadh sangat jee, do any of you do any gatka? at least give me a sign?

Guru Da Chella, in my background if some one can't give the lineage, then you have to assume...... Gatka is and always will be the illegitimate child of shastar vidya, extremely bad child. So what do you call a Gatka person, who is shamed of telling his lineage, you got it one. By the way a lot of the Gatka guys in UK learnt from Namdev in Germany. He's a gora singh, but been a singh for over 30 years. Funny thing is he now studies under Gurudev Niddar Singhji.

Here's our shastar vidya lineage. :fight:

1. aba Darbara Singh (who also learned from Akali Nihang Guru Gobind Singh Ji)

2. Akali Nihang Baba Budh Singh Ji

3. Akali Nihang Baba Sukha Singh Ji

4. Akali Nihang Baba Lakha Singh Jie

5. Akali Nihang Baba Sawan Singh 'Bangroo'

6. Akali Nihang Baba Mangal Singh Ji

7. Akali Nihang Baba Giana Singh aka 'Rabb Ji'

8. Akali Nihang Baba Mohinder Singh Ji aka 'Katapa Singh'

9. Nihang Niddar Singh Ji (present 'Gurdev')

Genius you do Gatka I apologise if I said anything wrong, if you can give me your real gatka lineage? Also the nihung singh's you keep on going on about who know the real stuff, you must know there lineage?

Before starting any vidya in traditional akara the Gurudev states all his Guru's, you have to show respect to the ancestors.

Thank u.

Jai Hind!

ok, this is the biggest sikhi forum I know and it has totally flopped in giving a lineage. I am sure many people on here do gatka, so they are letting down sangat jee.

Now next thing I shall do this; I will ask gatka practioners personally what their lineage is, when I see them in real life. I might even get my camera phone out hehehe.

There is no lineage to Gatka, it came out of the late 1800 early 1900 british inspired sport similar to fencing or a circus act to impress make money from crowds, this has been spoken about in the writings of Sant Gurubachan Singh Ji Bhindrawale.

Wow is that true, anyone?

No offense but I have seen gatka at meleh and vaisakhi and nagar kirtans. Also on the telly. It makes sense what cisco singh says as if you think logically no army or solider would fight like they do in gatka competitions in real life combat as too much energy is wasted. Its just common sense in war to use the most effective techniques not waste your energy twirling around.

• 2 weeks later...

Give it a rest. There is no proof of a Shastarvidya lineage that you claim is real. It's supposed to be secret art so where the hell did you get the lineage? Are you meant to publicise the lineage all over the internet? So now to the facts your only evidence of the lineage is that was what you were told by Niddar.Have you done any independent verification or have you accepted what he told you. I will hazard a guess that you wouldn't have a clue about how to research the lineage and hence you accept any guppan you get told after all they come straight from the Gurdev, right? It's funny how the SV proponents come on here expecting evidence and proof but accept any bit of guppan they get told at their akhara. Btw I don't do Gatka so no use asking me about the lineage.