Living Up To The Kaur Singh Name Or Your Own

Mkhalsa

Gur pyare sat sangat

Penji Paji Pravo hun meno das gur pyareo penji kyo daastar meno lagda word hagai kyo bandeai hai. In the olden days oh bandea si because Muslim mughual sonea sonea ortha(Woman.Girls) nu chuk ke lajande se. I don't know but i think it was in the time of Siri Guru Gobind Singh JI's reign. He said in order to stop this happening they should wear a daastar so they look like mundey and they will stop getting kidnapped if anyone can clear this up for me in what Guru's reign did it happen thank u gur pyare sat sat sangat. where was i oh yeah stop getting kidnaped so the kidnappers wouldn't be able to distinguish a kuri or ourath. Now Siri Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave the surnames Singh (Lion) and Kaur (Princess). Now we must live up to these surnames penji prao gur pyare sat sangat. Girls Woman should look like or be Princesses and Boys Men be courageous brave strong

Bhul chuk maf karne. I hope i haven't offended anyone

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Jeeo,

Kaur means prince, not princess. This is a common misunderstanding.

Keski/Dastaar is a part of rehat and it must be worn. All/most rehatnamas talk about following things: A joora must be done over the dasam duar. It must be covered with a small keski (kesghi) and then a dastar.

This is whether you are a singh or singhnee.

This is accepted by most panthic groups as correct so lets not start a debate here. Keski is a part of rehat no matter what for both genders.

Also, singhnees are not there to look good! Singhnees must have same bravity and courage that singhs do. Singhnees in old days were just as tough if not tougher, and I know singhnees today that are just like that. making singhnees into western girls is not right! Singhnees are much more and should live up to that!

jsingh ji, I don' tknow where you got your ideas from, but it's kind of hard to buy into it. hehe.

The reason why Singhs and Kaurs are supposed to wear Dastar is because it's our Guru Sahib's hukam.

"Sabat Surat Dastar Sirra"

If you want to be sabat surat, u have to wear a dastar. As simple as that.

And if you don't wear one, you will be called a baeemaan - "Sabat Surat Rabb Di Bhaane Baaemaan"

So it's upto us if we want to look 'odd' to some people or called baaemaan by our Guru Sahib.

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

The reason why Singhs and Kaurs are supposed to wear Dastar is because it's our Guru Sahib's hukam.

I also agree, as for singhniyas getting kidnapped, i think there was a beebi ji who fought like 7 or 8 muslims and killed them as well on her own to protect her. She was on her way to see Guru gobind singh ji.

Guru Gobind singh ji, didn't give dastar to singhniyans so they could be hidden or disguised, he gave a dastar to them so they could be seen from far. Singhs and singhniyans in those days were more feared than kidnapped. The only way to kidnapp or capture them was with Billions of Hired solider.

respect.gif