Guru_Da_Chella

Disrespect To Turban At Gurdwara Matrimonials From Sikh Females

is there too much hate towards sikh turban in gurdwara matrimonials?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. is there too much hate towards sikh turban from sikh females in gurdwara matrimonials?

• yes
    • no
    • possibly
    • I do not know anything about gurdwara matrimonials

Why don't Sikh girls go to clubs then why even consider stepping into a gurdwara when they clealry state 'I don't want a Sikh turban guy' they might as well marry out of religion anyway I have never heard of matrimonials going on in gurdware doesn't even sound right, forgive me I live in the midlands!

Any Sikh girl who disrespects ain't a Sikh! End of you have to earn being a Sikh doesn't come with birth just becuse one is born into a Sikh family, like everything in life earn and the rewards are great also I see many people who are hypocrites and wear long khande chains and smoking what the hell!

• Like 3

I voted the last option since I have never seen a matrimonial program in a gurdwara, but based upon opinions about people on here I would vote the first option yes!

One of the biggest matrimonial programmes are at the Havelock Southall Singh Sabha gurdwara! We need to instigate some sort of monitoring on these matrimonials. The Uncle jee sevadaars are Sardars there but I have not seen any regular young sardar sewadaars on the programme.

But this should not happen in sacred places like gurdwaras. I cannot believe no one is talking about this issue?!

I came to visit southall once and I went to Gurdwara Singh Sabha but I want to clarify because I don't know the area at all but is it that big gurdwara on the corner it's massive inside huge langer hall, tv screens I have never seen such a big gurdwara is that the gurdwara doing these matrimonials?

It shouldn't happen in sacred places it sounds like blind date or something, it's wrong on so many levels. We go gurdwara to listen to gurbani not to search for partners!

• Like 1

well since people are finding it difficult, gurdwara is only trying to help. With all the hating going on towards turbans, isn't it obvious why people are finding it difficult to get married? These youth don't even respect their own culture, you think they can decide a suitable marital partner?

Whose beauitful and whose ugly? Those are beauitful that wear and carry the jewel of waheguru. The rest god help those whose ego is so big filled with greed, they have a need for money and want someone beauitful, but they themselves are ugly and therefore not worthy of someone whose beauitful.

• Like 2

What kind of hate is going on? Matrimonials usually have a preference for clean shaven, sardar, or amritdhari. I find the caste listings to be extremely disappointing, especially since the matrimonials are associated with the gurdawara. Sikhi is totally against caste. Gurdwaras should know better. One piece of advice to fellow sardars... some of us need to take more pride in our appearance. We are kings and we should present ourselves in that manner. Take pride when dressing up `and tying your dastaar. It goes a long way.

• Like 2

Yes I have discovered the anti-turban thinking in both Singh Sabha and Ramgharia gurdwaras, therefore caste is not the problem towards lack of respect to turban from sikh people mainly girls but also from guys as well!

• Like 2

If the girl has postive experiences of her Dad and Brother wearing turbans then she's more likely to be attracted to a boy who has a turban. If her Dad and Brothers are monay, then she's highly likely to be attaracted to a monay boy. If here Dad and Brother wear turbans, but are plonkers, then she'll probably not want to marry a boy who wears a turban.

The issue is deeper than the girls vanity, some of it may be based on a lame collective portrayal of the modern male Sikh image by modern male Sikhs themselves. Saying that, I know a few girls from complete non-Gursikh backgrounds who married Singhs because they admired the inner and outher qualities of the Sikh roop.

• Like 2

Don't girls from turban wearing families like turbaned men?

no not all, there are actually girls from turban and amrit-dhari families who actually want guys to be trimmed darhi or even no turban! Seriously true!

no not all, there are actually girls from turban and amrit-dhari families who actually want guys to be trimmed darhi or even no turban! Seriously true!

I've noticed that as well. Although I suppose it works the other way as well in reference to guys.

• Like 1