Disrespect To Turban At Gurdwara Matrimonials From Sikh Females

Guru_Da_Chella

is there too much hate towards sikh turban in gurdwara matrimonials?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. is there too much hate towards sikh turban from sikh females in gurdwara matrimonials?

• yes
    • no
    • possibly
    • I do not know anything about gurdwara matrimonials

Guest Jacfsing2
5 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

Jhatka is not the only issue in the jatha of which you speak. Issue of strict sarbloh bibek as well. But not all Kaur's who tie a dastaar belong to that jatha. Though all Kaur's from that jatha have to. There are taksali and nihang Kaur's who also tie dastars and even many of us who don't follow any specific jatha at all. 

But the kesh I spoke of was not regular thin skin hairs. Many Kaur's have darker thicker hairs on chin or upper lip. Following Rehet Maryada they can not remove these. Would these same Singh's who complain about women not choosing turban wearing bearded Singh's, have no issue choosing a Kaur with a hint of a moustache or some chin hairs? I think there can be easily a double standard here. I think ALL of be turban tying Singhnis with some facial hairs would have NO issues what so ever with marrying a bearded and turban wearing singh. But will the Singh's choose those Kaurs?

Every human grows Kesh on the body/skin, to some people even that much is not good enough. Also I don't want to say anything negative about any Jatha, but most of the time I naturally associate Keski with that particular Jatha. Some people just don't grow much hair on the face, it usually depends on the testostrome an individual has over the traditional estrogen. Some people don't remove Kesh at all and can still not have lot's of Kesh on the face, what's wrong with those Kaurs? (It's obvious who waxes and threads if you didn't know that.) Also it takes more than wearing or not wearing a Keski for a Rishta if you were wondering that.

On 21/03/2017 at 11:57 AM, Jacfsing2 said:

Every human grows Kesh on the body/skin, to some people even that much is not good enough. Also I don't want to say anything negative about any Jatha, but most of the time I naturally associate Keski with that particular Jatha. Some people just don't grow much hair on the face, it usually depends on the testostrome an individual has over the traditional estrogen. Some people don't remove Kesh at all and can still not have lot's of Kesh on the face, what's wrong with those Kaurs? (It's obvious who waxes and threads if you didn't know that.) Also it takes more than wearing or not wearing a Keski for a Rishta if you were wondering that.

If the natural rom hair on the skin is an issue I'd suggest then that person needs to stop comparing against girls who do hijamat (muslim and some hindu girls) . PCOS syndrome or insulin resistance can cause hirsutism so it is a bit unfair that guys who are expected to grow  a beard and are criticised for it would do the same against a female who perhaps cannot help being hairier when maintain their kes as directed by rehit.  Besides girls from hot countries generally tend to darker longer vellus hair which is more noticeable on fair skin most Punjabis case (Pakistanis probably wax it off  if you compare)

Guest Jacfsing2
44 minutes ago, jkvlondon said:

If the natural rom hair on the skin is an issue I'd suggest then that person needs to stop comparing against girls who do hijamat (muslim and some hindu girls) . PCOS syndrome or insulin resistance can cause hirsutism so it is a bit unfair that guys who are expected to grow  a beard and are criticised for it would do the same against a female who perhaps cannot help being hairier when maintain their kes as directed by rehit.  Besides girls from hot countries generally tend to darker longer vellus hair which is more noticeable on fair skin most Punjabis case (Pakistanis probably wax it off  if you compare)

I know this is an unfair standard for Kesh, but most people who keep facial hair but still don't keep body hair just looks like Pakhand, (an example of this is Harnaam Kaur, who clearly waxes but keeps hair on the face). So I do give higher respect to people who respect all Kesh instead of picking and choosing which Kesh is important and which is not. (I haven't mentioned any negativity towards Rom Kesh.) Also just cause a girl doesn't have a full-out beard doesn't mean she's waxing or threading, some people naturally grow less Kesh. (Most men can grow more Kesh than me on the body and face than I can, and other men couldn't grow long Kesh even if they tried). But yes, if you keep a certain hair, but remove hair elsewhere, you will be shown to me as a Pakhandi if you are trying to make Guru Sahib proud, you wouldn't. But if a woman or man removed Kesh before Chacking Amrit or desiring to be a Sikh, I wouldn't hold that against them, I myself was a Mona once: so I shouldn't hold some impossible standard, that I myself was imperfect from.

Guest Jacfsing2
8 hours ago, HarkiranKaur said:

All I know is I think a fully bearded turbaned Singh looks much more distinguished and stands out than a guy who shaves and looks like a child. I would not have married a clean shaven Singh (aside from the fact that I have taken Amrit).  But even still I just find them more attractive in natural form. As for tied or flowing dhari that's a different conversation. Either is fine to me as long as they don't pluck or trim etc. Just like I comb my eyebrows but don't pluck. You can still do basic hygiene and care and you can still shape eyebrows that are natural by an eyebrow brush so they look neat. No need to pluck. Same for a beard. (Luckily I don't have hirsutism like some women but if I did I'd expect my husband to respect me just the same. )

So all you clean shaven Singh's consider growing your beards. Don't be worried that you won't find someone. Almost every Singh here in Kashmir keeps their kesh and ties turban and I'd say 99% of the Sikh population in Kashmir are Amritdhari. None have issues finding a wife :) 

Not sure if you understand how Subcontinental people find spouses, or even generic Amritdharis finding spouses, but most people usually marry with someone their family has contact with, or they have direct/indirect contact with the person they want a Rishta with. Usually Amritdharis if their parents aren't Amritdharis marry within their social crew, instead of going all the way to Kashmir to find someone, and even if they do go into the Subcontinent, they will find someone from where their family is from, (Punjab, Delhi, anywhere else).

52 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I know this is an unfair standard for Kesh, but most people who keep facial hair but still don't keep body hair just looks like Pakhand, (an example of this is Harnaam Kaur, who clearly waxes but keeps hair on the face). So I do give higher respect to people who respect all Kesh instead of picking and choosing which Kesh is important and which is not. (I haven't mentioned any negativity towards Rom Kesh.) Also just cause a girl doesn't have a full-out beard doesn't mean she's waxing or threading, some people naturally grow less Kesh. (Most men can grow more Kesh than me on the body and face than I can, and other men couldn't grow long Kesh even if they tried). But yes, if you keep a certain hair, but remove hair elsewhere, you will be shown to me as a Pakhandi if you are trying to make Guru Sahib proud, you wouldn't. But if a woman or man removed Kesh before Chacking Amrit or desiring to be a Sikh, I wouldn't hold that against them, I myself was a Mona once: so I shouldn't hold some impossible standard, that I myself was imperfect from.

Harnaam does a lot which is not right for a sikh woman but I agree it is mental to insist on your beard and then remove the other kesh . It's probably now her only ticket to fame , sad. I respect Baljit Kaur more she's kept her sikhi and integrity. 

My Mum and a lot of ladies in her gen were not sporting any major facial growth but after hitting menopause and the whole androgen increase that has changed but it's kind of accepted that is going to happen . It's much harder for girls and women  , I suspect it's the increased ingested oestrogen in dairy being converted to androgens because of the increase over the decades with changes in  dairy production practices (heavier reliance on meds and hormones) .

Ultimately it's up to the individual .