Pakistan

gotti

I am a Pakistani and I would like to share with you why I joined this site. Recently, I was made aware by Sikh activists about the state of Sikhs in India.

I had always thought that Sikhs and Muslims (esp. from Pakistan) are supposed to hate each other for what happened during partition and with your Saints/Gurus.

But, I did not know that the Sikhs had a lot of reverence for my country because of the Anand Karaj act, Nankana Sahib, our culture, language and religion.

I knew that Guru Nanak had visited Mecca but I never knew that Sikhs considered Waris Shah, Bulleh Shah, Baba Fareed and others as holy figures as well.

I don't know if there are Pakistanis here but I would like to be a representative of Pakistan to build a stronger connection with Sikhs.

I am now aware that Sikhs are a distinct community in South Asia. Due to a lack of awareness, people in the west think they are Muslims and in Pakistan, they are thought of as Hindus.

I am trying on a personal level to at least share with my fellow Pakistanis about how close Sikhs are to us; yet different and unique.

I will be inviting other Pakistanis from another forum to join this forum to improve relations between our communities once you guys approve.

I don't mind being looked at with suspicion because only gullible fools accept everything that is fed to them, blindly.

I would still like to request you to accept what I said above, as is, and appreciate my efforts regardless of what you believe my intentions are.

Your thoughts...?

First of all, welcome to Sikhsangat brother! :) khushaamadeed! :)

This is a very brave step in the positive direction to improve relations among 2 ethnic communities. Just to point out that Sikhs as a community do not hate any ethnic group or their beliefs, be they Hindus or Muslims, neither do they harbor hatred for people of a country, be they Indians or Pakistanis. We can and will be against certain unfair policies of some governments ruling these countries, which is obvious, but we do not hate the common Hindu or common Muslim, or the common Indian or common Pakistani. So on that note, forgive me for saying this, but if you are here to gather some sort of support against Hindus or Indians, you may find only little support from misled youngsters, because on the whole Sikhs are incapable of hating anyone. However, you don't seem to be that sort of a person. I have grown up all my life with Pakistanis, and on certain instances I have felt that they seem to be more respectful towards Sikhs as compared to Indians. Many Sikhs who have visited Pakistan have also told me the same.

We would be delighted to have more Pakistani brothers and sisters on this forum, however, please remember that this is a Sikh forum. Everyone is more than welcome over here to learn about Sikhi, and we would appreciate and encourage whatever questions you or your friends may have. What we will however not tolerate is any sort of proselytizing, which again I am sure you wouldn't indulge in as you stated in another thread. You see, we don't really have a problem if someone tries to propagate his/her own faith, as every human being has the right to do that. But the thing is that if someone comes over here on a Sikh forum and starts preaching his/her faith, at the same time tries to degrade Sikhi, then that would just lead to unwanted clashes and waste everyone's time and energy. I am saying this because we've seen it happen in the past, so I would request you to please make your friends aware of this beforehand.

I am excited that we will have you guys on this forum. It is always refreshing to know how someone else feels/thinks about my beliefs.

Looking forward to positive, enlightening, and informative discussions with you and your friends :)

I am sorry if I sound rude , but the fact is sly people , like pakistani govt have habit of using suger-coated words to make up for their wrong doings !

But , we always welcome step in +ve direction ....biggrin.gif

Please stop this nuisance and we will be very happy :

1) Pumping punjab with drugs ... our youth is suffering !

2) mixing radioactive elements in rivers purposely .... panjabis are having cancer !

3) also stop grabbing gurdwara lands in pakistan and ensure safety of paki sikhs from taliban !

I would like to begin by sharing this video:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Qy0S6iqLwXw

I really appreciate you guys welcoming me here.

There is a common misconception among Sikhs that Pakistanis either want to 1) convert them or 2) want them to secede from India (i.e. separate it).

1) Faith:

With regards to faith or proselytizing, this is all I care about:

Anything related to this stuff, I am willing to comment on as it is a commonality between our faiths and not one "superseding" the other.

There is a band of a few 100 individuals that are committed to create chaos within the state of Pakistan for which our army is fighting them.

Majority of normal peace-loving Pakistan never had a problem with Sikhs or Sikh yatris; as you know, Nankana Sahib is in Pakistan.

2) India:

I won't be indulging in this discussion because that did not drive me to come here.

What drove me to come here was that I found a lot of love from Sikhs for Pakistanis as I mentioned before.

I will be posting stuff that promotes peace and love between the two communities as the video above shows.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of anti-Pakistan and anti-Muslim propaganda among Sikhs, which you can see reflected in Sarabjeet's post.

I am under the impression that stories of partition and the Mughal-era drives Sikhs to hate us, which is why they join the Indian army against Pakistan.

I believe peace in the subcontinent can be achieved if Sikhs and Muslims were to love each other considering that 25% of the Indian army is Sikh and 50% of Pakistani army is Punjabi.

I believe in the philosophy of Pakistan and since we already have a nation; nothing else is of any interest except the disputed territory of Kashmir.

I don't support militancy in India and neither does the state since Musharraf's time despite the lies propagated by the Indian media.

In Pakistan, people believe that if someone slipped over a banana peel in Calcutta, they would blame Pakistan.

We support struggles like that of ANC against apartheid South Africa. People of Kashmir are already doing that.

Even the ex-militant Yasin Malik is following Gandhi's steps to achieve freedom.

We believe in using peaceful, democratic ways to get our points across rather than violence because that's how Pakistan came into existence.

Pakistan was made because of our founders' democratic efforts, extraordinary academic backgrounds and political acumen.

Pakistan did not have a capital, any buildings or even barracks. This was a country whose first bureaucrats had used branches from trees as pen and pins.

If Sikhs were to do that and raise awareness for their cause, Pakistanis (Punjabis in particular) will be the first to support them.

This is not just for the sake of human rights; majority of Pakistanis feel closer to Sikhs than Arabs despite sharing the same religion with them, did you ever wonder why?

We went through all of this to have self-determination and honor. But I won't teach you about honor because honor and Sikhi are synonymous.

Whats your agenda ?. i have more in common with the British National Party than Pakistanis - Fact

So im guesing the BNP supplied the kharkoos with weapons??..Pakistan aided us in our time of trouble during the 80s...no other nation came to our aid...even if pakistans agenda was selfish and their goal was to open up a proxy war in punjab..i still dont give a damn...the fact is we were left isolated from the world in 80s..everyone turned on us..except for the pakis..and for that they deserve a little praise