What Is Going On?!?!?!? Disgraceful!

question24/7

Are these videos in line with Gurmat ?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Are These Videos in line with Gurmat?

* video removed*

I've read over and over Maryada.... and just wanted some advice, considering these acts take place in Sant Smagams in India regularly... including out and out dancing and over expression and self indulgence in a very dramatic and uncomposed manner (surely not a saintly attribute?)... Is Maryada subjective to people who we feel are in higher power than ourselves.... and are we not in fact being self indulgent in carrying out practically bhangra routines in Maharaj ji's Hazoori... I am expecting many answers to be along the lines of 'this is just 'prem' ' however, this goes against many of Sikhi's principles, regardless of which justification we give it, it is such an undignified way to show prem to Akaal Purakh, and in fact our lifestyle and actions should convey prem, rather than our dances.... (for similar reasons Naamdharis get alot of criticism out of lack of respect to the presence of Maharaj Ji)

Bhul Chuk Maaf Karna,

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,
Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

First one is obviously blatant beadbi. Thats obvious bhangra infront of Guru Ji.

The second one not so much.. I know in responce to Bole So Nihal I have raised a fist to the sky before. Plus they are repeating Sikh phrases, while in the first video Hans Raj took some famous tunes and try to put some spiritual lyrics to it resulting in Bhangra

the first video is from village called kahna dhesian, these are deh dhari pakhandi and they call them mahapurashs and have guru sahib;s swarrop there, they deal with bhoot pret stuff pretty much and people who are dukhi come there to get relief but it is all fake and anti gurmat. I was surprised when I saw Bhai jasbir singh's video doing kirtan at that place at multiple bhogs of akhand paaths there and highly praising the mukhi and the original mukhi of that place. I cannot find the video now I think I watched it live somewhere may be on TV.

First video is completely wrong

• 11 months later...

WJKK WJKF,

PEOPLE IN INDIA HAVE LOST THE PLOT , THE HAVE BECOME MAHA MURAKS, IT UP TO US BROTHERS IN THE REST OF THE THE WORLD TO SHOW THEM THE ERRORS OF THIER WAYS, THIS IS BEADBI NO DOUBT, WHY PEOPLE HAVE TO GO TO LISTEN TO THESE SO CALLED PARCHARAKS AND SMAGAMS IS BEYOND ME NO WONDER THE YOUTH ARE GOING AWAY FROM SIKHI WHEN WE HAVE THESE KIND OF CLOWNS JUMPING AROUND. I HOPE I HAVE NOT OFFENDED ANYONE BUT THE TRUTH HAS TO BE SAID!!

I agree with the above comment. People in India don't have the same understanding, love, and respect for sikhi as people in foreign countries do. I'm not trying to say all the Sikhs in India are bad but there's no respect of sikhi of gurdwaras as over here. This video I just sickening to watch. I'm not Amrit thaari but I have a lot of respect for our religion and seeing some elderly with long beards doing bhangra in front of guru ji is so humiliating. There's so much pakhand in India because of how easily people are lured away from guru ji.