Wearing Red Clothes

• 10 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hmmm what I know from my reading of sikh Itihas

Neela bana is parvan - from Guru Gobind SIngh ji's time

Green dastars were worn by Muslims and still are

Kesri dastars I was told by my elders in SIkhi when I was going to protest in 84 that it is the rang of shaheedi

Lal dastar is banned as Banda Bahadur Singh ji seperated from Guru ji's mission and became ahankari and started his own bana of red dastar the Bandai Khalsa was the name of this group , when he got arrested he realised and asked for forgiveness from Guru ji. After this the Bandi khalsa was disbanded and the Singhs came back under the Tat Khalsa and returned to Blue Bana

My views , shoukd nobody feels agitated, Gurbani says " Rang sabhey narainey jetey man bhavann ." ( ang 134- 3, Baramaha Manjh M5) Nature and colors are all made by Waheguru, parmeshar himself , how come One is bad and other good.

Because green was the color of moghul army flag , the use in khalsa dal was taboo to avoid misundestanding during battles, and for the same reason red was banned as pahadi rajas , who were perpetually at war with guru sahib ji . It was simple logicand practice without religious adsignment for colors. Did not guru sahib had many muslims and hindus on his side?

read above replies, mohkam singh explained it very well

above that bhai nand lal ji;s rehatnama explains it very well .

o baba ji, rang sabhe means , all pleasures

correct meaning

ਰੰਗ ਸਭੇ ਨਾਰਾਇਣੈ ਜੇਤੇ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਵੰਨਿ ॥

Rang Sabhae Naaraaeinai Jaethae Man Bhaavann ||

In the Lord are all pleasures which please the mind.

not colors , gurbani de artha da anarrth na karo, tusi pehlan v dand lai si. aggge ton tyaan rakheyo

Regarding red portion in rehitnama..this need to be properly contextualized, its very basic beginning relative conduct at initial stage out there to help seeker meant to be used as aid - one can refrain from wearing red if color effects their state of mind if we were talk about gunas- red seem to fall in rajogun. Bhai dya singh ji in his rehtinama classify lifestyle of sikh in three different categories- gristhi(rajogun/satogun), behingum(satogun) and akaali nihang(rajogun/balance of satogun/tamas)-soorme to prevent sikhs falling from same pitfalls as many other dharamis sharia panthis have.

Our youths seem to be turning some basic contents rehitnamas (due to lack of contexualization, fail see things in stages, different aspects) into crazy anglican christian like ten commandments or some crazy pandit turning things into bhraminvad, or some crazy mullah who idiolize haddith to the point where they start using hadith principles as yard stick to measure someone spirituality totally ignoring stages within dharma, essence teaching.

I am afraid some of our youths are falling into same sort of mindset sharia mullahs are following- let hadiths take precedence over gnosis teaching of quran. etc.

I know that I feel unsettled in the presence of bright red now , wasn't always like that ...I guess as one develops one's frequency changes and certain frequencies of sound , light appeal more ...all is good , all is hukham . No strict rules here .

I remember reading about an experiment about colours in prison , they painted a cell in red and it had the effect of increasing respiration, aggression in the person's body.

Nothing like Rosso red on Ferrari Formula 1 cars :lol2: .

Like one of the earlier comments I was also told to avoid wearing red and green colours and I still do try, but I agree with Neo and WLS, they both make valid points.

Next we'll want to change the colour of something important than runs through each and everyone of us :wow:

Nothing like Rosso red on Ferrari Formula 1 cars :lol2: .

Like one of the earlier comments I was also told to avoid wearing red and green colours and I still do try, but I agree with Neo and WLS, they both make valid points.

Next we'll want to change the colour of something important than runs through each and everyone of us :wow:

bhai sahib of course it would be true blue ... in every sense