Cannot Find Any Historical Infomation On Dumdumitaksal?

Vaheguru JiKa Khalsa Vaheguru JiKi Fateh

I really need sangats help with my study. I have been researching the historic sikh organizations mainly comprising of the Nihungs, Nirmalas and Dum Dumi Taksal. I have managed to find tons of documents, scripts, images from historical granths and the three main sikh scriptures regarding the Nihungs. I have managed to find some information on the Nirmalas but i cannot find a single historical reference to Dum Dumi Taksal.

I have literally looked far and wide for historical infomation about the taksal and cannot find anything at all. Also another thing that has come to light is infomation about Baba Deep Singh Shaheed. All historical references regarding Baba Deep Singh describe he was a Nihung leader of tarna dal particularly misl shaheeda and never mention a taksal. I managed to find the oldest image of Baba Deep Singh and he is dressed like a Nihung.

So i am now a little confused when did Dum Dumi taksal start? and why isnt there any references in historical granths or scriptures.

Granths & sources i have researched:

Guru Granth Sahib Ji

Dasam Granth Sahib Ji

Sarbloh Granth Sahib Ji

Ratankar Mahan Kosh

Pracheen Panth Parkash

Naveen Panth Parkash

Suraj Parkash Granth

Gurbilaas Pathsahi 10

British accounts of Sikhs

Anglo Sikh wars

British Library

and so on...list is long....

Baba Deep Singh image:

Baba-Deep-Singh-737050.jpg

Please any help at all would really help.

Something tells me you haven't read any of the granths you listed.

Many of them narrate the Katha of Gurbani that took place at Damdama Sahib, by Guru Gobind Singh Ji on their way to Hazoor Sahib. The Katha took 9months, 9days. Baba Deep Singh Ji was amongst the Sangat and asked Guru Ji for some sewa. Guru Ji told him that his time to fight will come, but to teach Santhiya, Gurbani veechar, parchaar etc in the meantime and to prepare Saroops of Adi Granth Sahib. Bhai Mani Singh Ji was also given this duty. From there, the 2 branches of Damdama wali Taksal began.

The Damdami Taksal is not a Samparda as such, but a school or jatha. Nihang Dals have been receiving Santhiya from Taksals since they began, and continue to do so. There's a video on Youtube, shot at Baba Bakala, where this relationship is explained during an event at a Dal. In fact, most puratan Sampardas used to, and still do, receive Santhiya from one of the Taksals - either by sending SInghs there, or from the Singhs that travel from one place to another.

Even Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa, a mahaan Mahapursh, used to be a Nihang Singh before they joined the Damdami Taksal.

There is a huge amount of prem/ love between the puratan Samapardas - especially in Punjab - amongst Singhs who know we are all sons/daughters of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. The tree of Sikhi has many branches and all should be respected for the duties given by Guru Ji.

It is sad to see kids in the West use the names of beautiful Sikh institutions to boost their egos and create tribal wars that do nothing except feed the haumai Guru Ji tells us to wage war against.

Also, 'socialidiot', please don't use multiple usernames. Thanks.

To matheen

I don't appreciate your negative reply, I only asked for help. I apologise if I offended you, but don't assume I am a trouble maker. Can I ask you to only comment on an intellectual level if not don't comment at all. All I am asking for is references to DamDami taksal in sikh history and not from modern Sikhs. For example the naamdhari Sikhs claim that the 10 guru returned and passed on the guruship to another living guru, modern Sikhs could claim a number of things but it doesn't make them fact! And it doesnt fill my heart with much confidence if there is no substantial evidence within our own history.

To matheen

I don't appreciate your negative reply, I only asked for help. I apologise if I offended you, but don't assume I am a trouble maker....

Read what I wrote carefully - the origins of the Taksals within Sikhi are mentioned in the sources you say you've studied. There is detailed katha on the origins of Taksal by Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji, available from gurmatveechar.com.

What's the reason for multiple user names?

And what is the purpose of this thread other than trying to prove that DDT does not have any evidence for its historical lineage but the Nihangs do? This has been going on for the last 5 years and what has it achieved?

When all of the sampardya start to practice what they were set up for then we will have a chardikala panth. I disagree with the platform that the new DDT Youth try to place themselves on along with the Nihangs in the West who are more about the 'outwardly appearance' than the the true Nihang mat.

There is not need for anyone to prove their jathebandi is superior to another since the actions of the Singhs within that jathebandi uphold or dis-honor the history of that jathebandi.

DDT have done a very good job of spreading Santia in the UK a lot of it via the effort of a handful of Gursikhs, but they limit the exposure of this gem to those that will join their gang. No offense but to date I have not seen the Nihangs in the UK offer anything other than 'saheedi Degh' making techniques and other than the Nang Nidaar there are not many gatka classes led by Nihangs or santiya classes of Dasam or Sarblog Granths.

So rather than create friction just sort your own Jevaans out and the glory of your jathebandi will follow.

I appreciate 'socialidiot' that you would state that you are only doing research. If that is the case you will not find your answers on this site. Go and talk to Giani Pritam Singh or other Singhs from DDT who can answer your questions. You are not going to find the individuals with the answers you are looking for on this site.

Bhai sahib ji .... was there any need of abusing nihangs out of no where ??? just read the whole thread again was it really needed ??? instead of abusing nihangs why dont you give some links to the thread starter where he can read itehas ...