The Guru And The Bird.

Once the darbar of Guru Ji was is full flow and Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji was talking to his Sikhs when one of Guru Ji’s sevaks came into the darbar. This singh was very close to Guru Ji and Guru Ji loved him dearly, he came into the darbar and held out his hand and asked Guru Ji what was in his hand. Guru Ji said he was giving instruction to the Sikhs but the sevak insisted that Guru Ji answer his question. Guru Ji smiled for this Sikh was very close to him and clean of mind. Guru Ji looked at the fist that the singh was holding out.

Guru Ji said “ I believe you have a small bird in your tight fist.”

“Yes, but is it alive or dead?” asked the singh.

Guru Ji had a broad smile in his glorious face , “Singha if I say it is alive you are going to squeeze it and kill it, if I say it is dead you are going to open your hand and let it fly away, so what are you going to do?.”

The singh knelt down infront of Guru Ji and said “I was thinking of it in a different way oh Guru Ji. As long as I am in your protective hand I am safe and no one can touch me or hurt me, as soon as you open your hand and let me fly I move away from you and your protection, oh Guru Ji never let me out of your hands”

Guru Hargobind Sahib Ji was very pleased with the response and blessed him.

• 3 weeks later...