Christians In Punjab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emyJMkPV4fA&feature=related

Why are we turning a blind eye to all this?

There were 292,800 Christians in whole Punjab in 2001 (census).

Now there are 900,000. Thats what they say, exaggerated figures? Yes maybe, but their numbers have atleast doubled.

"In Punjab, there are around 900,000 Christian voters and the largest chunk, 17 percent, reside in Gurdaspur district. Here their number is over 150,000. After Gurdaspur, maximum Christian voters are in Amritsar, Ferozepur and Ludhiana districts," Kanwal Bakshi, state president of Punjab's United Christian Front (UCF), told IANS.
http://www.thaindian..._100190156.html

One guy named Harbhajan Sion (in videos too) alone convert 2800 people from his village.

John Dayal, secretary general of the All India Christian Council, said there is a new openness to Christ in the state.

"Punjab has had a traumatic 20 years," Dayal said. "Currently there is … joblessness, drug addiction, easy money, and division between Hindus and Sikhs. In search of a path, people are turning to Christ for the healing of body, mind, and soul."

Over the last several years, several thousand Sikhs, many of them Dalits, have left Sikhism for Christianity. In April, 200 Dalits converted in the town of Moga. Another 48 converted in Amritsar, the province's capital and home to Sikhism's revered Golden Temple. Precise overall figures are not available, however. Many Sikhs who convert keep their ethnic names, so tracking them is difficult. More importantly, Christians do not publicize mass conversions for fear of inciting local wrath, which is becoming a problem.
http://www.christian...july/16.24.html

Pastor apologises to Sikh Panth, averts communal confrontation.

Kapurthala, Feb 15 2004 (PTI) A pastor running a church in the district Sunday tendered a written apology to the Akal Takht and the Sikh Panth for making derogatory remarks against the Sikh Gurus and Sikh holy book Guru Granth Sahib, averting a possible confrontation between the two communties.

Pastor Harbhajan Singh of Khojewal village of northern Indian state of Punjab also postponed Sunday's prayer meeting at his church.

Kapurthala police had registered a criminal case against Harbhajan Singh and two others for distributing objectionable posters against the Sikh Gurus in the villages on February 2.

Agitated over this, Sikh youths had entered the open …

i use to occasionally watch glory tv and i have found there are many specific anti sikh elements to their preaching. Interesting how Amritsar Sahib is one of the maximum christian voting districts.

on glory tv i have found:

1. theres some sikh guy in a red turban who talks of how pointless it was for him growing up around sikh influences. this guy still keeps a red phag but is clean shaven... i think he has his own show on there.

2. there was a christian music video, at the end of it, there was a indian christian with his hands together and he said "mera muj meh kich nahi jo kich hai so tera".

3. on glory tv they aired some jesus film and dubbed punjabi over it and used terms like "kirat karna", "vand chhako", "amritvela", and... (this ones a killa!)... "akaal purakh da hukam".

4 they sometimes have some whtie woman talking at various different locations saying how she married a sikh who use to believe in "recarnation and all the rest of it" and how he found christianity through her

5. theres a priest called "onkar singh" who usually weares white kurta pajama... they have purposely left his name a sikh name, and when he does aardas they dont do it christian style, they do it sikh style, standing, hands together and again, they use alot of gurmat terminology. at the end of their aardas they do their equivilent of a jaikara (after they say amen).

6. theres certainly other things, but i didnt watch the channel 24/7... just occasionally... and recently (in the last year or so) i aint watched the channel fullstop. back in the day i tried calling in to afew of their programs but i could never get through.

it doesnt supprise me at all that "A pastor running a church in the district Sunday tendered a written apology to the Akal Takht and the Sikh Panth for making derogatory remarks against the Sikh Gurus and Sikh holy book Guru Granth Sahib, averting a possible confrontation between the two communties.".

On the contrary, sikhs never target groups of poeple (or even individuals) to convert.... nor do we diss the founders of their faiths whilst preaching to sangat.

I know, thats why I support Khalsa Aid and there work that prevents poor Sikhs to take such drastic steps. But we keep crying about Hinduisation but forget growing Islam (due to Gujjars - I have heard first hand accounts how some of them spit while passing by Gurdwaras) and Christianity in Punjab?

Paneer veer, you got it. They use Sikh appearence and vocabulary to fool uneducated masses. Their pastors usually keep the Sikhi saroop even after converting to fool us. They use Satsang instead of congregation, Satguru for Jesus etc.

Then there are the so called lower caste people who also have gotten into this trap and adopted Ravidasia 'religion' instead of Sikhi.

One suggestion; When you go India, don't offer more than 100rs while matha tekking. Use the remaining money to give to the poor for education, etc.

Afterall Gareeb da Munh, Guru Di Golak.

Oh Twadi hits the nail on the head. Sikhs in Panjab, the Gurdwars care more about keeping maya to themselves and not going to help/assist poor people who need the help. Christians see this, and they don't need a certain caste to recruit [neither does Sikhi, but being the cretins we are we adore caste separation]. Sikhs need to do what I said in the former.

Fateh Ji.