Damdami Taksal

Deep Singh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Hello fellow Sikhs,

if there is any Singh/Singhnee from Damdami Taksal here or others who know this can also answar...

i need some info about Damdami Taksal....i know that they have HQ at Mehta, Amritsar Dist. but i like to know

- what is the name of their Gurdwara? if there is one which is completely run by Damdami Taksal fellows?

- who is incharge there?

- can i go their and study Sikhism? like how old should a person be? can i be over 40 when i start there or was it better to start when i was 12?

- is there any place in Europe where i can study? or is it better to do it in Amritsar?

- are their other Jatheh (like AKJ, Taruna Dal, so on) which have similar "Gurmat teaching centers"? is so.....give some info about them...like the question above for Damdami Taksal...

Deep...

thanx guys...

Veer....i think Damdami Taksal has some different Jatha who support it.....

Bhindar Kalan Jatha is one of them......like Baba Jarnail Singh, who was the Jathedar of Taksal back in 80s (or still if he is alive...but that is not what i am dicussing)......he had the name Bhindrawale....because he was from Jatha Bhindar Kalan

so i guess Bhindar Kalan Jatha (just like other Panthic Jathen) is connected to Taksal...

i do not know more....therefore i asked...

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Damdami Taksal has many locations. The main location is in Metha, Amritsar. It is located near Baba Bakala Sahib (Main Head quarters of Tarna Dal). Anyone can go and learn there regardless of age but Metha is only for singhs. I know there are singhs in Uk that teach(Birmingham, Leeds, Southall etc). Bhindra kala was the villiage of Sant Sundar Singh Khalsa who was the 11th jathedar of Taksal. After that everyone started using Bhindra with their name because Sant Sundar Singh was soo respected. There are locations as well: 1)B-Block Amritsar where the 13 singhs got shaheed in 1978 2)Samastpur in Jalandar 3) Jogaywal in Moga 4) Anaadpur Sahib right beside the Bidhi Chand Nihungs 5) Damdama Sahib 6)Abroad (California, Toronto, Abbotsford, UK and more). Hope that helps.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Jasdev Singh (Mukh Sevadar)

Shaheed Baba Deep Singh Gatka Akhara

Damdami Taksal Toronto

Jatha Bhindra Metha

Jasdev Singh jeee......thanks a lot....

i think i read your posts at Akj.org about Damdami Taksal some days back....

Bhaji i like to know is there any historical Gurdwaras that are run by Taksal or also simple Gurdwaras too?

And is it 'better' to go to Punjab or just stay in Southall? And how long does it take? i read from Gurmat Studies website that there is a special course set up from sep 04....what kind of course will it be?

Thanks again.... :D )