Virgin Mary In Gurdwara

Sheepdog

Why has the bloke who did the mural only picked some religions i.e. Sikhi (11Gurus) Mary (catholic) and Devi (Hindu). Has he got something against the other religions?

• Buddhism- Gautama Buddha
  • Judaism-Abraham
  • Taoism - Lao Tzu
  • Christianity –Jesus Christ
  • Jainism, Mahavira
  • Islam- Mohammed
  • Other original, unique, stand alone religions!

If you are going for a multi faith theme you should not exclude any religion, otherwise you are discriminating. Obviously, sects and cults that were just set up to distort and destroy the original religions could be excluded.

i think theres a picture of a mosque on the left.

Reading Bhai Nand Lal's persian hymns you'll see he makes many references to sufi and hindu mystics same with Gurbani making references to dhroo, prahlad and other devotees of the past, yet today if a Sikh makes reference to a non-sikh spiritual being all hell breaks loose..

• 2 months later...

Reading Bhai Nand Lal's persian hymns you'll see he makes many references to sufi and hindu mystics same with Gurbani making references to dhroo, prahlad and other devotees of the past, yet today if a Sikh makes reference to a non-sikh spiritual being all hell breaks loose..

of course, some people are willing to ignore teachings to promote their hate

What references are made in the picture??? The picture is telling a story. When we see a picture of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj and all around his picture is the picture of the nine Gurus. What does that mean? It means that Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj gave the path to the rest. Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj was the first.

Whoever draw the picture with the virgin mary in the middle had the same intentions, but made it look like Satguru, Singhs worship the virgin mary. Also it shows the virgin mary is the mother of all (Creator, the beginning point). This picture distorts and slanders Sikhi. Also looking at the size of the virgin mary and the size of the Gurus pictures shows that the virgin mary is the focal point of the picture. Meaning it's the most important part. If anything the virgin mary got her spiritual guidance from Satguru and not the other way around.

Take into account that they were all Christians before they converted to Sikhism. If there is any remnant of Christian belief pervading among them, then it is forgivable. I have more of a problem with Yogi Bhajan on the left sitting on the same level with Guru Ram Das on the right. The Virgin Mary is in front of the straight sword (khanda), which in Sikhi signifies the ability to cleave falsehood from truth, so there could be a tie-in there. I'm not saying it's right, but that's why they probably did it.

I feel sorry for the closed-mindness - living in a bubble sikhs.

This mural painting was given as a gift to the gurdwara.

Maybe we should tare down harmindar sahib since the foundation stone was not a Sikh. gifts that were given to the Sikhs during the gurus time that are in safe keeping should also be ridiculed and questioned.

The day we stop questioning and accepting..i think will be the day when we can finally enjoy life enjoy our gurus teachings with everyone.

sikhs of today well on this forum = complaining, crying, complaining.

relax and enjoy life.

I feel sorry for the closed-mindness - living in a bubble sikhs.

This mural painting was given as a gift to the gurdwara.

Maybe we should tare down harmindar sahib since the foundation stone was not a Sikh. gifts that were given to the Sikhs during the gurus time that are in safe keeping should also be ridiculed and questioned.

The day we stop questioning and accepting..i think will be the day when we can finally enjoy life enjoy our gurus teachings with everyone.

sikhs of today well on this forum = complaining, crying, complaining.

relax and enjoy life.

Not all gifts are accepted by Satguru and Satguru's sangat. Take the example of Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj. He was invited to a rich person house to eat and also invited to a poor person house to eat. He went to the poor person house and ate. The rich person decided to question Satguru on why he didn't come. Satguru showed the rich person that his gift of a lavish meal was earned the wrong way. So Satguru rejected his gift. The poor mans gift was accepted because he earned it in the way of Gurmat.

The same apply's to this painted piece. The person might have done it from the good of his heart, like the rich person, but his perception in the picture shows, he did not follow Gurmat. This goes back to the teaching of rehat maryada is more dear to Satguru than the Sikh. Gurmat is always held higher than anything to Satguru.