Today Is Sangrand

Here is the Hukam for this month (Saawan)

BAARAH MAAHAA ~ THE TWELVE MONTHS: MAAJH, FIFTH MEHL, FOURTH HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

In the month of Saawan, the soul-bride is happy, if she falls in love with the Lotus Feet of the Lord. Her mind and body are imbued with the Love of the True One; His Name is her only Support. The pleasures of corruption are false. All that is seen shall turn to ashes. The drops of the Lord’s Nectar are so beautiful! Meeting the Holy Saint, we drink these in. The forests and the meadows are rejuvenated and refreshed with the Love of God, the All-powerful, Infinite Primal Being. My mind yearns to meet the Lord. If only He would show His Mercy, and unite me with Himself! Those brides who have obtained God-I am forever a sacrifice to them. O Nanak, when the Dear Lord shows kindness, He adorns His bride with the Word of His Shabad. Saawan is delightful for those happy soul-brides whose hearts are adorned with the Necklace of the Lord’s Name. || 6 ||

1st Saawan, Wednesday 16th July, 2003

http://www.sgpc.net/hukumnama/sangrand.asp

I have been hearing word "sangrand" since i was like kid.. But i really don't know what it is..? Is it the b'day of on of our guru sahibs?

Im not sure.. but is it anyway somehow related to full moon day?.. I don't know why i think that.. but i heard some stuff.. What is it? tongue.gif :

Gurmukh pyareo!

'Sangrad' represents the beginning of a new month, there is a name for each month I think according to the nanakshahi calander, so it marks the beginning of the month. About the full-moon, that is called 'poornmashi', and is celebrated at Nanaksar Gurdwara, its a type of maryada, started by Sant Baba Nand Singh ji, its not a ritual or special thing with the moon, its just a reminder for the sangat to goto Gurdwara sahib and have Guru's darshan. wubb.gif

THis time of the month is just to remind everyone to goto the Gurdwara, man there's a Nanaksar Gurdwara on my street, and my whole street is fullll of cars, ohmy.gif and also other streets are packed, there's no space to park for anyone, and they've hired two police officers to manage the traffic coming in and out of the Gurdwara, which is good!! ^_^

:nihungsmile: