Seven People Arraigned On Riot, Assault Charges For Violent Fight At Sikh Temple In Queens

Seven people were arraigned on riot and assault charges Monday for their roles in a vicious turf battle at a Sikh temple in Queens.

Assailants wielding cricket bats and small swords disrupted prayer services Sunday morning at the Baba Makhan Shah Lubana Sikh Center in Richmond Hill, police and witnesses said.

"I'm going to kill you," defendant Harinder Singh, 47, screamed before punching Joginder Singh in the face, says a criminal complaint filed in Queens Supreme Court.

Gurnam Singh, 47, rushed into the temple swinging a stick and lunging at others while religious ceremonies were underway, the complaint says.

A cop managed to wrest away the stick before the suspect flailed his arms wildly to prevent being handcuffed, police say. At least one cop was injured.

Several of the defendants were charged with disrupting a religious service.

Temple President Jarnail Singh said the melee was caused by a dissident group of followers who don't want to see membership rolls opened at the 101st Ave. temple.

"We tried to open membership, and a group didn't want it," he said yesterday. "They want to fight it."

The dispute is at the center of a pending lawsuit in Queens Supreme Court. The temple president said he hopes the warring factions will let a judge mete out justice instead of resorting to violence.

"What the court decides I will believe," he said. "It's his decision."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/04/25/2011-04-25_seven_people_arraigned_on_riot_assault_charges_for_violent_fight_at_sikh_temple_.html#ixzz1Kb57ed24

This is absolutely ridiculous, why the hell would they barge in like that? One mona person simply walked in with his hair uncovered and then put on his patka after like some gangster?

What was this about, this was in a Gurudwara, what in the world...

Sarcastic.pngSad.png

From viewing this video I don't care who's on the right side or the wrong side - the group that walked into the darbar sahib are SHAITANS and GADARS of Sikhi they should ALL be thrown out of the KHALSA PANTH. This has all happened infront of Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaaj hazari and the result will be Wahegurus justice - I hope they now fall on their knees for mercy. WAHEGURU

a humble request to all Gurdwara Sahibs around the world please install CCTV / Online link in the darbar sahib so incriminating evidence can be collected as anti-panthic agents are pretending to be Sikh and promoting mischief to the media

More ammunition for those who say the kirpan should be banned. Especially if Sikhs are portrayed behaving in this volatile manner in their own holy place of worship.

Although we know the kirpan isn't the problem in this particular issue, you can see non-Sikhs jumping to conclusions like "How can we trust these people to behave with their "little sword" when they can't even sort problems out between themselves without resorting to violence?".

Deport these outlaw scumbags criminals... revoke their papers... if they cannot follow law of the country they live in.. if they think their tribal issues eg gurdwara committe issues are more important that they resort to violence than following law of the countries... they should be sent back... let them face the music at sri Akaal Takth sahib... there is no place for masands in the panth... excommunicate them.

I don't know, I think the mona guy who is putting his patka on is probably better than the so called singhs with khulle dhare in the video. Atleast he doesn't pretend to be a follower of the Guru and then disrespects the same guru in their diwan hall.

post-2-0-11838400-1303818686_thumb.jpg

I also don't understand what the man in beige shirt and dastar is doing? Dude you are being violent in the gurdwara sahib and infront of your guru. What use is holding your hands together?

Where are the sikh channels? I hope they show this video over and over again so others can learn. sometime you have to be on the other end of the video to see that these actions are so disrespecting to our Guru ji. Its better to have no gurdwara than to have one where this kind of things go on.

Disgusting fools, these lot are enemies of Sikhism and should never be allowed in a Gurdwara let alone run one if thats what their beef is. We should hold a name and shame database of all those who commit acts of aggression/violence in a Gurdwara. So that a clear message is sent out this type of outrageous behaviour will not be tolerated by the community.

from above YouTube poster:

Shiromani Akali Dal leaders in USA attack and disrupt the congregation at Baba Makhan Shah Lubana Sikh Center in Richmond Hill, New York. Raghbir Singh Subhanpur, President Shiromani Akali Dal of New York, Manjit Singh Dassua, President Shiromani Akali Dal of USA, Pritam Singh Gilzian, Baldev Singh Gilzian, Kuldeep Singh Khalsa, gathered their family members into a "gang" of people fully armed with brass knuckles, knives, swords, bats, and other weapons to create this violent and disturbing scene on Sunday April 24, 2011.

Sukhjinder Singh and Balwinder Singh, both brother of Raghbir Singh, clearly used mic stands and fire extinguishers to hurt the civilians. Clearly the victims, Sardar Jarnail Singh Gilzian, the current President of the temple, and the Gurdwara Sahib committee had no choice but to use chimtas, which are musical instruments, in self defense.

All this happened over power for authority and rule over the Gurdwara Sahib (Temple). The current management, S. Jarnail Singh Gilzian and his committee, was suspended by the thirteen member Selection Committee 15 days before their scheduled term end. However S. Jarnail Singh Gilzian took this to the court and obtained stay orders, which declared him as the president until this case was resolved by the judge. The lawsuit has been pending in the courts for months now and decision has yet to come. However the other party, the 13 member Selection Committee, of which S. Jarnail Singh Gilzian is also a part of, have taken matters into their own hands. The remaining 12 members have tried to put down anyone and everyone who has spoken against them or has tried to expose their barbaric behavior and financial mismanagement. They have already banished S. Harbans Singh previously for five years since he had tried to share a voice.

All S. Jarnail Singh Gilzian wants is to free Gurudwara Baba Makhan Shah Lubana SIkh Center and set a democratic way of management (Election) and rid of this thirteen member Selection Committee which is attacking in temples and disgracing the whole Sikh Religion.