• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AkasheeFauj

Sikhsangat.Com 10Th Anniversary, Any Plans?

Lets make Admins do what Members wish...   10 members have voted

1. 1. What do the SikhSangat Members say?

• SikhSangat Piknik (Paintball, beach,etc)
    • Online Contest (gurbani/dastar, etc)
    • Every member be online at one given time to break the RECORD
    • Watch 10 Movies on Independence Day (4th of July)
    • All of the above and None of the above (hehe)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

I have noticed that its 10 successful years for this forum and its image around the globe is beyond expectations yet SikhSangat.com Mods/Admins haven't announced its 10th anniversary.

What everyone say??????????????????????????? There should be celebrations with activities and announcements.

Sounds good, something that could increase traffic would be nice as well.

juggling.gifjuggling.gif

I will choose:

Watch 10 Movies on Independence Day

(Khalistan independence day) :toohappy:

1 person likes this

I will choose:

What about all of the above??biggrin.gif

How about all those of us who have Skype get on it at a fixed time and recite Bani (if not keertan?). Those who can do keertan sing their favorite Shabad, and others (like myself) who have an unbearable voice will have to recite any of the Banis in a musical tone (not to sound monotonous), so like sing one of the Banis may be? And, if this can be an all-night online event, then consider this to be an international online rensabhai!! 17693053.gif

Let me know your thoughts everyone, and I will look forward to it :) . Old members have an obligation to be part of this, and so do admins and mods. So no one is spared! :D

How about all those of us who have Skype get on it at a fixed time and recite Bani (if not keertan?). Those who can do keertan sing their favorite Shabad, and others (like myself) who have an unbearable voice will have to recite any of the Banis in a musical tone (not to sound monotonous), so like sing one of the Banis may be? And, if this can be an all-night online event, then consider this to be an international online rensabhai!! 17693053.gif

Let me know your thoughts everyone, and I will look forward to it :) . Old members have an obligation to be part of this, and so do admins and mods. So no one is spared! :D

I like this idea. :D

Just don't make fun of me and my voice! stupidme2.gif

Veerji, you should organize it once everyone agrees to it!

How about Admins set the Sangat a target to collectively do "X" number of Chaupai Sahib Paaths for the Chardikala of the Panth? Something similar to what the UK naujawaan did a couple of years ago to commemorate the 25th anniversary of 1984. This will be a positive, Gursikhi step, which engages the youth in Naam/Bani.

1 person likes this

How about Admins set the Sangat a target to collectively do "X" number of Chaupai Sahib Paaths for the Chardikala of the Panth? Something similar to what the UK naujawaan did a couple of years ago to commemorate the 25th anniversary of 1984. This will be a positive, Gursikhi step, which engages the youth in Naam/Bani.

thats a good idea , like we have collectively done in the past , may be 1lakh or 125000 paaths of chaupai /japji sahebor Jaap saheb

or 10 Mn paaath of Mool Mantaror any other baani

Come on everyone, please vote so that mods/admins can work the results...so far Sangat is going for breaking the Records and I suggest it be on Memorial Day. Hope at least 10K members be online at the giving time.

:waheguru: :waheguru:

Why can't we do them all? It's the big 10 year!

juggling.gifjuggling.giffairfight.gif_excited__by_CookiemagiK.gifstrong.giffight.giftease.gifglomp.gifpoke.gifbump.gifrun.gif

1 person likes this

This is the best idea. A great way to celebrate the 10yr anniversary. Everyone can participate and contribute towards the collective path/simran.

I also like the idea of picnic.. having some fun with Gursikh brothers and sisters and having their sangat at the same time. But not everyone will be able to participate, and we will need numerous picnics going on all over the world... lol

I will choose:

I second that! :toohappy: :bump:

This is the best idea. A great way to celebrate the 10yr anniversary. Everyone can participate and contribute towards the collective path/simran.

I also like the idea of picnic.. having some fun with Gursikh brothers and sisters and having their sangat at the same time. But not everyone will be able to participate, and we will need numerous picnics going on all over the world... lol

Actually this would indeed be the best plan. Can someone pick a date please? Lets make sure its a Saturday so that everyone is free and also because Sunday is usually Gurdwara day for most GurSikhs :D . So someone please pick a date in the month of May, and lets pick a random number of Chaupai Sahib paaths that members (as many as possible) will have to do on that day. Any Saturday in May is good enough, now make up your mind how many Chaupai Sahib paaths can be done. I request the least number to be done on that day be 11, and the max I leave it to the Sangat to fix.
2 people like this

I second that! :toohappy: :bump:

Dunno what kinda movies U guys propose to watch, and what 'd be the benefit