Warning To 'Nihang' Dharam Singh In Meeting Held At Sri Akal Takht Sahib

I know little bit about him thru my friend who knows him very well and lived with him for few days. I only heard good things about him running saach khoj academy. But at the same time i also think that Akal Takhat wouldn't just start this subject without any credible information; so it is waiting game to get the same information that was given as proof to Jathedar sahib and who gave it to them. Whatever decision comes from Akal Takht Sahib, i will abide them just like i follow other regular court decisions.

Surely he isn't ill-intentioned then (probably). If he did do bad it would have probably come out earlier. Maybe whatever the bad stuff he said could be said in public and he should take maafi from Sri Akaal Takht and the Sangat or clarify what he meant in public.

I respect the ex-jathedar of akal takhat sahib Bhai Ranjeet Singh ji who never obeyed badal's order.

After recieving a written apology by him, he has been assigned 15 days of Tankhah, under which apart from listening to Gurbani for 1 hour daily at Mukatsar Gurdwara Sahib he will also have to do 1 hour daily seva at Gurughar.

Similarly, SGPC member Sukhwant Singh, who had participated in an Akhand Path held at a tomb shrine, has also apologised in writing. He has been ordered to listen to kirtan for 1 hour daily at Gurdwara Wazidpur and do seva at Gurdwara Sahib.

Mohinderpal Singh, the Kirtaniya from Agra, has been assigned 1 month Tankhah because he had performed Kirtan in front of ex-communicated Nirankari chief Hardev Singh. Mohinderpal Singh has pleaded sorry in writing, and now he will do seva for 10 days each at three Gurdwara Sahibs.

Shouldnt these SGPC members be attending darbar sahib for an hour atleast on regular basis? They should have been suspended from the SGPC membership. For example this above quoted incident that the sgpc members are ordered to listen kirtan and the ragi who did kirtan at nirankari's place has to do kirtan at other more places. What is new for a ragi to do kirtan at other different places. Why isn;t he just terminated from his job. As we expect from the other posts we have made about the police officer who took off the singh's turban at mohali shud be ***** then why such an easy tankhaa for these SGPC MEMBERS who havn't done anything less than the police officer did.

We all respect Akal Takhat Sahib and every Hukam will be followed but the question here is about these jathedars who are partial and I have no respect for them at all.

If everyday Joe Bloggs like me or anyone else were to question (not that I'm capable of it) the workings of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib, then fair enough, I understand this could open Pandora's Box and lead to a whole host of issues. In this respect I understand and agree with Sikhsangat's stance on unconditionally abiding with Sri Akal Takhat Sahib's rulings.

Then on the other hand, if we know that 'someone' has his hand in the procedures of SAT, and DOES influence the edicts (not all of them) that are passed, how can we just stand by and agree with those that we know are a bit suspicious?

Or are we getting too big for our boots, and trying to comprehend and influence issues we have no business in interfering in? I'm curious like many people who have only recently began to study this aspect of modern-day Sikhi.

• 2 years later...

I am interested to find how these people mindset work. This person mindset seems to be on far extreme left wants to get rid of all the rituals in the panth, and full sargun aspect in Sikhi. As someone said, he and missionary have same mindset rejecting everything one is pro dasam granth and other one is anti dasam. They both seem to be against sargun aspect in the panth perceiving that those are not needed as they are seeing it from nirgun gyan/aspect of Gurmat..However, thats a wrong way to contextualize deep layers of Gurmat because, in gurmat Sargun and nirgun are one and have intertwined non dualistic relationship...However, they are seeing it sargun and nirgun aspect two clashing aspect against each other..hence they are against sargun aspect as they seem to fail to perceive sargun/rituals as stages in one's spiritual development so they rejecting them all...indeed, very dangerous/slipperly slope to look at things..!!