Warning To 'Nihang' Dharam Singh In Meeting Held At Sri Akal Takht Sahib

On 7/16/2013 at 4:58 PM, N30S1NGH said:

I am interested to find how these people mindset work. This person mindset seems to be on far extreme left wants to get rid of all the rituals in the panth, and full sargun aspect in Sikhi. As someone said, he and missionary have same mindset rejecting everything one is pro dasam granth and other one is anti dasam. They both seem to be against sargun aspect in the panth perceiving that those are not needed as they are seeing it from nirgun gyan/aspect of Gurmat..However, thats a wrong way to contextualize deep layers of Gurmat because, in gurmat Sargun and nirgun are one and have intertwined non dualistic relationship...However, they are seeing it sargun and nirgun aspect two clashing aspect against each other..hence they are against sargun aspect as they seem to fail to perceive sargun/rituals as stages in one's spiritual development so they rejecting them all...indeed, very dangerous/slipperly slope to look at things..!!

I've researched this Dharam Singh Nihang and had exchanges with his chelas over social media. To me they seem just like missionaries. No difference except that they believe in Dasam Granth while missionaries don't. But their philosophy, mindset is exaaaactly the same, no difference. They are always in confrontational mode seeing other Sikhs as the enemy instead of looking at them as fellow Sikh Bhais(brothers). They disrespect Sikh saints. They don't believe that Guru Granth Sahib jee was given Guruship by Guru Gobind Singh Jee. They see Pakhand in everything. They dress like NIhangs and call themselves Nihangs but they are not real Nihangs. They have nothing in common with authentic Nihangs at all. I think they wear Nihang Bana to fool other Sikhs and to look legit in the eyes of others since Sikhs generally have respect for Bana similar to how Panthpreet wears clothing like a Sikh Sant to fool Sikh masses.

On 7/16/2013 at 5:54 PM, 13Mirch said:

His chelas tout themselves on the social media as nihungs doing beadbi of nanaksar and damdami taksal saints. Their acadamy is bulls*it.

I think you should definitely write about this group on your blog. They are fooling a lot of Sikhs with their bulls*it. Do other Nihangs consider them to be Nihangs?

2 hours ago, Jonny101 said:

I've researched this Dharam Singh Nihang and had exchanges with his chelas over social media. To me they seem just like missionaries. No difference except that they believe in Dasam Granth while missionaries don't. But their philosophy, mindset is exaaaactly the same, no difference. They are always in confrontational mode seeing other Sikhs as the enemy instead of looking at them as fellow Sikh Bhais(brothers). They disrespect Sikh saints. They don't believe that Guru Granth Sahib jee was given Guruship by Guru Gobind Singh Jee. They see Pakhand in everything. They dress like NIhangs and call themselves Nihangs but they are not real Nihangs. They have nothing in common with authentic Nihangs at all. I think they wear Nihang Bana to fool other Sikhs and to look legit in the eyes of others since Sikhs generally have respect for Bana similar to how Panthpreet wears clothing like a Sikh Sant to fool Sikh masses.

Good to hear from you veer after long time, yes i've came across with their beliefs in the facebook few years ago. I have noticed few things

- They would use akaal ustat bani or gyan aspect of that bani to see everything as pakhand/ reject other portions in sri guru granth sahib for example- bhagat bani among others where sargun-bhagti, naam simran importance/shabad surat and shakti in sri dasam granth aspect of sikhi are mentioned. They think its contradictory so reject them instead of reconciling various positions or aspects of gurbani see them as stages or divine aspect of vahiguru.

- They don't undestand akaal ustat composition is transcendental/meditative experiential in nature than only just philosophy and its written in that spirit which talks about avastha of gyan which includes all aspects of sikhi-sargun, shakti, shabad surat yet also transcendental and non dual-advait, it should not be used to outright reject various divine aspects of sikhi-gurmat otherwise we fall into various ideological and ontological issues within gurmat where one fails to reconcile with gurbani positions held both in sri guru granth sahib and sri dasam granth sahib and fail to see GURMAT AS WHOLE.

- Their version of gyan which they keep quoting from akaal ustat or gyan parbodh to reject everything as pakhand is no doubt an dry conceptual knowledge- gyan of limited confined intellect/ same sort of so called gyan missionaries supports its gyan from intellect of mind which is again just conditioning of mind or thought process rather than actual gyan-anubhav parkash  gurbani and akaal ustat gurbani talks about which is gained or felt intuitively from direct meditative/naam simran experience from vahiguru/satguru- achal pure awareness- Achal Morat Anubhav Parkash Amitoj Khijai || 

1 hour ago, N30S1NGH said:

Good to hear from you veer after long time, yes i've came across with their beliefs in the facebook few years ago. I have noticed few things

- They would use akaal ustat bani or gyan aspect of that bani to see everything as pakhand/ reject other portions in sri guru granth sahib for example- bhagat bani among others where sargun-bhagti, naam simran importance/shabad surat and shakti in sri dasam granth aspect of sikhi are mentioned. They think its contradictory so reject them instead of reconciling various positions or aspects of gurbani see them as stages or divine aspect of vahiguru.

- They don't undestand akaal ustat composition is transcendental/meditative experiential in nature than only just philosophy and its written in that spirit which talks about avastha of gyan which includes all aspects of sikhi-sargun, shakti, shabad surat yet also transcendental and non dual-advait, it should not be used to outright reject various divine aspects of sikhi-gurmat otherwise we fall into various ideological and ontological issues within gurmat where one fails to reconcile with gurbani positions held both in sri guru granth sahib and sri dasam granth sahib and fail to see GURMAT AS WHOLE.

- Their version of gyan which they keep quoting from akaal ustat or gyan parbodh to reject everything as pakhand is no doubt an dry conceptual knowledge- gyan of limited confined intellect/ same sort of so called gyan missionaries supports its gyan from intellect of mind which is again just conditioning of mind or thought process rather than actual gyan-anubhav parkash  gurbani and akaal ustat gurbani talks about which is gained or felt intuitively from direct meditative/naam simran experience from vahiguru/satguru- achal pure awareness- Achal Morat Anubhav Parkash Amitoj Khijai || 

Very true Veer. They don't understand the concept of Sargun and Nirgun. Reading Sri Sarbloh Granth I noticed a lot of passages of Sargun and Nirgun bhagti. But problem with them is they interpret Bani not according to Bhagti Bhavna but according to their atheistic mindset.

One thing I have noticed about Dharm Singh's chelas is that if you even question them they will turn very hostile and start to accuse you if being a Sant Chella or Pandit even though I did not even mention anything about Sants. It's like a recurring theme of theirs

They say how can a pothi be given Guruship by Dasam Pita. How can papers and words be considered Guru. Here Dharm Singh gives his manmat views about this topic

If everything for them is Pakhand then why are they wearing Bana? Why not go all the way like missionaries and consider that to be a Pakhand as well. But just to fool other Sikhs they have retained Bana.

While missionaries have been largely exposed and countered, I feel these Dharm Singh and his Chelas could be the next big threat to Sikhi Sidhaants. People think just because they don't oppose Dasam Bani they must be alright. But truth is they are missionaries, and have the potential to do far worse since they are misinterpreting Dasam Bani in addition to Bani of Guru Granth Sahib ji