The wierdest question u ever got as a sikh

This happened with my friend on a bus.

Fellow Passenger : Speaks arabic or persian

My friend : i am not from middle east

Fellow Passenger : Oh i am sorry

This happened with me

Lil Girl in the mall : Where did you buy that hat?

Me : Its not a hat its a turban. We can't buy it, it has to be earned.

Lil Girl : wacko.gif

Muslim guy at my university: So only your wife can see your hair ?

Me : :umm:

Muslim guy at my university: Our women wear hijab for that reason.

Me : Thats not the case with us.

Lil kid : Why do you have beard?

Me: I am Santa Claus.

kid: why is it black ?

Me: I am young Santa Claus tongue.gif .

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha...these are all soo hilarious...i had a few myself

2- i was wearing a white dastar once...and i was walking when i met a goree...she stops me and asks if i was okay...she thought i had a head injury and was wearing a bandage... ohmy.gif:shock:

hahaha this reminds me of my high school.. :lol...

My school was full of Weirdo's tongue.gif , When i use to wear patka back in school, I have had kids ask me if that was extra brain poping outta my head n imma like LOL.gif ... stupid goreeeeeee tongue.gif

3- then one time i was at the airport...walking through the buzzer things to get in...and the guy was checking me....and all of a sudden i realize he was jsut buzzing hte thing over my dastar...he did that for a while...and im like im not gonna smuggle anything in there buddy so just chill...man alive...hahha!!!!

oh i hate goin thru all that security stuff!!

i got kareh on both my arms...so the lady that was checking me goes "i luv ur bangles!! where did u get em" im like "from the sikh temple"...n shes like "soooo i cant wear it then??"

i didnt kno wha to say :cool: but then she goes on to say "o well..their reliii nice tho :umm: "

n one time...one guy was rude enuf to say "cant u take those off" so i jus tried to explain to him that i cant...n he jus gave me this dirty look n walked away....

o well....hehe well thas my wierd experience (not much...but ya)!!

^^^

Its the Airport stuff we talking now...lol

I went to India for a few months and was supposed to catch a connecting flight coming back. I had a real nice golden Baaz and was carrying that on the plane (never ever leave my baaaz :cool: ).... didn't have any problem while I was leaving to India or coming from there but at the place where i was changing flight, the security was kinda tight and they were checking everyone.

The security guy asked me to pass thru metal detector and I did, the detector kinda went nuts... then he asked me to empty out my pockets, and coming from India I didn't realize I had lots of indian coins in my pocket so I dumped em all in the tray, but the thing still buzzed and he asked me if I have any other metal object. I took a pause and took out my sikk Baaaz and handed over to him,

mann ohh mann the guy was lost, he kept staring at it for like a minute and after a min he still had that confused look on his face, and asked me WHAT IS IT? and I am like well... Its to tug my hairs in the turban and he still didn't get it so I gave him a little demo :s ...and I told him I am not leaving without it :umm: (you never know when you need a baaz tongue.gif ). He had to call a desi security guy to deal with me...it took some time but at last I boarded with my baaaz... :)

Guest Dancing Warrior

Not exactly a question, but worth a read. :umm:

I was listening to a conversation between two upnai guys years ago in the Gurudwara car park. They were talking about keeping their hair khesh and were thinking of wearing pagha.

First guy: How you finding growing your hair (khesh)?

Second guy: I am going to the haircutters to get my split ends sorted out then it should be fine :cool: . Have you stopped drinking yet?

First guy: Ye I did but I found a few bottles of Barcardi from my sisters wedding, so when I finish them I’ll stop all together!

No Joke! This is what they were talking about.

Guest Narinder Singh

We've heard a lot negative questions comments, here are a few of the positive ones i recieved:

This one time at a mall, a little white girl and her mom were walking by, the girl yells "mommy look, it's a prince"!

I worked in retail for quite some time with a bunch of singhs, so one time a customer came in starring at all of us for quite some time, then she tells me "i feel safe today", i asked her "why's that", she goes "because there are so many sikhs around me".

I love it when random people who are trying to get your attention say "Mr Singh"!!!, its the best feeling in the world.

One time i was at a toll booth and a black gentleman goes "waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh"!, i also replied. Then he goes "kes, kanga, karra, kirpan, kachera, are you wearing yours? i said "no..i havent taken" (was going to say amrit) he cuts me off and says "ehhh, move on". My girlfriend who was in the car with me at that time couldnt stop laughing (because i always try an act more religious than her, im a moorakh). :umm:

Oh yea, black women have a thing for Singhs, LOL.gif but i wont get into that.

Fateh.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The funniest question dat ive been asked was when a fly flew in to my mouth, (when i was in reception) i pulled da fly out, nd she goes, is that what you guys eat? i was like huh, she was like u guys eat flys ew thats horrible.

yeaa as u guys can see, my lifes one big rolla coaster 8-)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

The funniest question dat ive been asked was when a fly flew in to my mouth, (when i was in reception) i pulled da fly out, nd she goes, is that what you guys eat? i was like huh, she was like u guys eat flys ew thats horrible.

yeaa as u guys can see, my lifes one big rolla coaster 8-)

This was at a Hurrican Katrina Relief Camp:

Woman: Come here you.

Me: Umm, yes, can I help yo with anything?

Woma: yes, explain me something. What sect are you?

Me: Sect? I'm just mainstream lol, I don't follow any type of sect.

Woman: That's weird.

Me: Why?

Woman: Well most Jews I know, the women don't wear head coverings as well.

Me: How many of those Jews are Sikhs?

Woman: Huh?

Me: Would you like a blanket?

:umm:

the stupidity of some people is unbelievable.............why cant people just keep their mouths shut if theydont know anything

^^^

I don't think keeping what your thoughts to yourself is an answer to anything, if someone doesn't know about sikhism and asks the most stupid question in the world, don't you kinda feel good telling that person what SIkhi is about and who are sikhs.

keeping their mouth shut would just make room for wrong interpretation of something they don't know and simply would add to problems grin.gif