The wierdest question u ever got as a sikh

Wow theres a lot of pages i'm on 13 I will read the rest later but one of the replies reminded me of a few incidents.

First you have to understand i'm six foot five and not skinny I have a pretty wide frame. Plus I love martial arts and UFC. So maybe I carry this orah around me. Growing up in a gora blue collar neighborhood I used to face a lot of racism when I was very young like elementry school and what not. So i ended up having this hard exterior growing up. However after experiencing sikhi through pyaar i have opened my heart to being more about pyar. But without knowing it I guess I can still be very intmidating.

Anyways my experience has happend like three or four times where I've caught it probably happened more. While I was walking in a grocery store you have to understand I absolutly love kids. Anyways I see this cutest little kid doing sharata not listening to his mom and i'm in my mode of "man i gotta pick up some groceries" which i hate doing,, i'm not really smiling which makes a big differences singho if you smile the world smiles with you. Anywyas this kid sees me grabs his moms arm and says mommy that guys bigger than daddy with wide eyes. It was so cute. The mom was like yeah and if you don't behave i'm gonna tell him on you. I heard all this All I could do was laugh.

Once i was going to a smagam or some function from calgary to vancouver. And I was wearing bana cause I knew I wasn't gonna have time to change off the plane its like an hour flight. The flight I was on was actually a stopover from an american city going to van stopping in calgary or something like that. Because there were a lot of americans in line. Anyways as I was walking up to the line i could see the facial expression changing in each persons face hoping pleading I wasn't going to be on the plane. But sure enough I lined up and most of the gorays facial expressions dropped. I tried smiling to ease the situation but I don't think they were to eased by it. This was like not to long after the nine eleven attacks. Than when I get up to the desk my mom is talking for me cause I'm looking for my ticket. And the lady was like to my mom does he speak english if i need to ask him something. LOL.. My mom was CHOKED, I didn't really care, she was like he goes to university!!! Ha ha I was like mom chill i smiled i'm like yes I do its ok you can ask me whatever you want. Her response was very polite she was like i'm sorry I just assumed. I was likes its all good god bless you. When I said god bless you her face just lit up.

Once on a plane again i was wearing bana I think I started wearing bana on planes just to see ppls reactions lol.. Anyways as I walk in the plane standing in the asle waiting to move fwd this little girl i notice who was jumpin gup and down sits in her seat grabs her moms arm puts her head on her shoulder and starts peeking out at me. It was so cute. I was smiling and the mom bechari was so embarrased she was smiling at me and she said "I don't know why shes scared of you." But I could tell the mom was a little uneasy. I was like its ok i think its the beard. LOL.. I just waved at the girl. The whole flight she kept peeking out through her seat at me. LOL. She was so cute.

Once i was getting out of my car and the car beside me had the saddest little girl in the back seat she was probably four years old. Her mom was in the passenger seat yelling at her. I felt so bad for her as she looked up at me I smiled and gave her this huge wave and she started laughing and jumping up towards the window waving at me. Needless to say the mom wasn't very happy.

It just goes to show you could be huge with a big dumalla and dara but still bring out ease and comfort in ppl instead of fear and discomfort. Its all about where your internal vibes are. If you are all about love and it radiates off you people feel that they can't help but feel it. I've noticed the days i'm feeling maharaj's presence is very different fromt he days i feel off or down. People react differently to you. If you just open yourself up to notice little things you will see a lot. Anyways I'm sure I have more if I remember I iwll post.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhh buddy....I lived in a red neck state ARKANSAS so you can imagine with 20 punjabis whom 5 wore turbans living in Arkansas lol. I thought I was gonna die in arkansas but everyone was friendly and it was way safer then new york city. So I had a great experience and there were some real stupid questions....

1. First day of my school in 9th grade(In Arkansas), this white teacher says after students kept asking me questions....

teacher:dont bother the new kid he is mentally challenged thats why he has to cover his brain tumor

me: what are you talking about?I am Sikh

teacher: yes, honey I know you are sick(she offered me candy and I ate it and didnt talk further I was only 13 in 9th garde lol)

2. Still in 9th garde and still my first day.....

student:where are you from?

me: I m from Queens, new york and my background is from Punjab, India.

student:So you are taught how to catch cobras with your head dot?

3. First day of school in 9th grade....lol

student:where are you from?

me:India

student: so you worship cows?

4. 10th grade(By this time I was pretty much known in my school and no one asked me any retarded questions and one day in english we had a sub and it was winter time and it was really hot inside the room)

me: Mam can we open the door its hot?

teacher: well you can take your ugly <banned word filter activated> hat off this is America(teacher was black)

me: :@ I got so mad I had this world history book on my hand which was pretty thick and I THREW IT AT HER and I missed then I threw my desk at her and she jumped and screamed haha....then she got fired lol.

5. this is during my sophmore year....me and a blonde girl...wahegurooo

girl: so do you ever go outside with your turban on?

me: no!!obviously I travel underground to reach school...

girl: aww dont get smart with me school isn't public its inside

me: ok

then coming up weekend I goto walmart with my mummy jee(man my mom is full desan lol) and guess what that same girl from my school saw me and comes up to me and hugs me and I am like <banned word filter activated> just happened....on top of that my mummy cursing me out(marijani diya eh ki karda, tere peo nu das di ha ki ohna munda ki karda phirda school vich...etc...etc...) in punjabi and her too hahaha....I got my <banned word filter activated> whipped that day lol.

6. Senior year...me and a stupid girl...

as we know the iraqi war going on so this girls boyfriend was in iraq....

so all students were conversing about the iraqi war and all the sudden she pops a question and says to me "I dont like your people" and I am like what? she is like "arent you from iraq?" me"NO!! I am from INDIA" her"well isnt india part of iraq" and the whole class is like"what are you talking about?"

Error

Error

Error