Guest koe singh

40 Day Sukhmani Sahib Ji Paath

161 posts in this topic

vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ke fateh sangat ji! With mahraj's kirpa, i've been 23 days strong doing sukhmani sahib paath but i have made many mistakes along the way. being a uni student, sometimes i dont start my sukhmani sahib until 11 at night and end up finishing at 12;20am...my question is that does that sukhmani sahib paath "count" for the day i started it or does it "count" for the next day? also, what should i do once i have finished my 40 days (with God's Grace)...with God's Grace, I want to continue doing sukhmani sahib paath everyday, past the 40 days. i have made many many mistakes....sometimes, i'm doing paath while doing other work (ipod) and at times, i have even fallen asleep but I have went back to where i remember the paath being left and start from there (God's Grace). please sangat ji, i need your help! vaheguru ji ka khalsa, vaheguru ji ke fateh!

To Mods: can you please keep this in the "gupt" section, the reason i posted this question here is because I don't want to reveal my identity.

Dear Friend,

Its good to know that you are following the 40 days rhythm paath of Sri Sukhmani sahib ji. Its even better to know that you want to continue with it even after those days. I wish you good luck for the same.

I would try to resolve the queries posted by you and hope that they get useful with your insight also.

1. The paath would be counted for the day you have started doing it and not when you have completed it, provided you are doing it at one go.

2. Even if you are listening to the paath while performing other chores, it does give you the fruits of listening to it, provided its not only played but listened to as well.

3. Making mistakes while reading it....no problem....but try to fix those mistakes as the time pass by....every child grows up....but do ask for an apology for your mistakes after completing the paath sahib.

hope it would take care of some of your apprehensions. Rest in waheguru's hand.

Waheguru ji da khalsa, Waheguru ji di fateh!!!

i also had some questions about this topic......can bani/sukhmani sahib really make all your wishes come true? i came across this one shabad that i heard on youtube...and from the sound of it bani can make anything possible but some people say what is written for you can only be made possible.....but since God has the pencil that wrote your destiny, he sure has the eraser right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q8ueTo8z8w

hii ...i wud like to knw on continous 40 days paath ....dere r sm days in month i hv heard v shudnt visit gurdwara (for gurls) ...so can v do paath on dose days as well??

waheguru g ka khalsa waheguru g kee fateh

SHRI SUKHMANI SAHIB PATH IS ABLE TO CHANGE UR DESTINY ALSO BUT ONE THING U NEED JUST KEEP COMPLETE FAITH IN THIS BANI

i am in a problem if i start sukhmani sahib ji my problem will be solve please help me waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fathe

It is really good you are doing this Paath. This paath is easy to recite plus once you have it Kanth it can relax the mind so you can meditate on this Bani. It's language is also not that difficult to understand for someone who understands Punjabi or Hindi. It is a blessing if you can make this Bani into a permanent part of your Nitnem and do it everyday. In the start it is normal for many people to do this in parts and finish it through out the day. But try to increase your speed of doing this Bani so you can finish it all in one sitting. On your day off, try doing it twice to increase your speed. A good technique that I used was doing this Bani by reciting one Pauri 50 times and then moving on to the next Pauri, finishing one Ashtpadi a day. Do this for 24 days and you will have the entire Bani Kanth(memorized) or almost Kanth.

1 person likes this

i recite gurbani everyday and it make me strong and my determinations are more strong now WAHEGURU G KA KHALASA WAHEGURU G KI FATEH

i also made these mistake... u know once i finished the path of sukhmani sahib at 11:55 pm.... n i was so relaxed...... then my mum told me... y u r still awake at 12:55 i said no its 11:55

then she said that ur watch is working slow...

n i was like :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: ah ki ho gya...

but i think my wish go full filled :D :D Babaji understands... but dont do it repetitively....

I read every carefully. and now i told all of u own experience. Last year i.e in when we shift to own new house in 28 june 2011. starting of january 2012 some evil soul disturbed me every knight. then i started at the evening path of sukhmani sahib every day in loudly voice. after 2-3 day , once slept , i feel a evil soul is coming to me, at time i chant the mantr of 5th poudi (ek onkar satnam karta purkh nirbau nirvare, akal murat azuni sabang gur parshad. jup aad such jugaad such hi bi such nanak hosi bi such. my conscious awekend , i come out my physical body and i beat him hardly and he run away. and that and this day he not come again. and now, i do the path of sukmani sahib ji every day with pure heartly.

(Wahguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh.)

Shri Waheguruji Da kHlasa Shri Waheguruji di Fateh.

"Aap japaye jape so nao"

Waheguru sache pita akal purakh is blessing you with beautiful opportunity to recite strong bani Dhan Ddhan Sukhmani Sahib Ji. do it everyday mera waheguru sohna sajan kan kan vich vsya mera akal purakh, ad aneel anahat jug jug eko ves mera parbrahm waheguruji will fulfill all noble ambitions of all. And please my dear brothers and sisters try to take love of Sukhmani Sahib Ji everyday as much as you can not for 40 days.. LOK V sudhar jaye ga Parlok V.

Waheguru Sache pita Mehr prya hath sbna te rakhe pap julam krn vle sab snghare jan.. Waheguruji da khalsa Shri Waheguruji di Fateh.

Sat Shri Akal

Manpreet Singh

((With Waheguruji di Kirpa)) Mechanical Engineer (Larsen & Toubro Ltd.)

is it ok to do path on d days v hv our period??

NO PRBLEM.....JST CONTINUE UR PATH.......PERIODS IS A NATURAL PROCES...........

you can do it any time. any paath can be done during periods.

the best time to do sukhmani sahib is when its quiet and the mind is naturally focused. for most people its the morning and evening time. morning may be better as sometimes things come up during the day which might interfere.

I have a question, when do we do Dukh Bhanjani Sahib?? I start doing few weeks before also start going to Gurdwara for 40 days. On my way I listen to Ek Onkar kirtan for 108 times. Am I doing right or I should do Sukhmani Sahib instead Dukhmani Sahib. Please help....I am feeling very good going to Gurdwara I am going to miss after 40 days. I am not taking any meats and liquor these days.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh, i m in problem that i am a student,for the last three years i recite 40 days baani sri Sukhmani sahib every year for my exams and i got success with God's grace.but this is my final year ,i started doing paath , i recited for 5 days then i fell sick,then i was not able to do paath ,now my exams are near i had a busy schedule,i am not able to complete 40 days paath,i feel insecure sometimes please help me.

Dear God doesnt look at the number of paath you do. Even by saying Waheguru once with bharosa God can give you victory. Do as many as you can with Bharosa you will pass all your exams.

My aunt started the 40 day paath as soon as she did her first paath...Waheguru fulfilled her want...just do Paath with bharosa.

Wageguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh,

Hanji pyari sadh sangat ji ,Mera swal eh hai ki Shri sukhmani sahib ji da path krn lyi har roz keshi esnan (hair wash ) krne jaroori aa

Te sukh sukh k path kran di ki vidhi aa plz jaroor dasna. Waheguru ji ka Khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh.

Chaleesas are great to get used to a daily timetable. There's no specific path for specific things. As long as you do ardas with full shardha it will be fulfilled. Personally the best time I would recommend is early morning but every time is fine.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Topics

• Maybe with your karma you were probably supposed to be expelled that day; and Vaheguru took that out. Sorry but there are 3 types of Karma: The Karma in your bank account, (which must be used, may be destroyed with Gur-Prassad), The Karma that you MUST pay in this life, (No exception, but can be reduced with Gur-Prassad), and the Karma that you will accumulate in this life; that should be payed in life, (may or may not be forgiven). Your Bhagti and Ardas could have decreased the debt that you were suppose to pay in this life, by merely failing the test, instead of failing. This is what separates from every other Monotheistic religions; except Sikhi; and that is we believe in Karma; and how we are different from the other Dharmic Faiths is we believe in grace and mercy; (Sikhi is a universal region; only referred it as Dharmic due to location of founding). You probably studied enough to pass; but all Karma that must be paid is paid either in full; or Guru Sahib takes your bad Karma for you and says take it away. This isn't gurbani, but we read it during Ardas: "Nanak Naam Jahaz Hai, Chade So Uttre Paar O Nanak, the name of Waheguru is like a ship which will take You to Your salvation (Take You across the ocean of life) Jo Sharda Kare Sevde, Gur Paar Uttaran Hor The ones who preach Waheguru’s name in their hearts, He takes those to their salvation Gur Paar Uttaran Hor He takes those to their salvation"
    • https://gurbaninow.com/shabad/1451/17118
    • Ok so you didn't pass your test. But you can hardly blame God for that. Even though you put in a lot of work, I understand that, but maybe it wasn't enough, otherwise you would have passed right?  This is the thing, we tend to do paat to receive something. I'm not saying don't ask Waheguru for anything, because they are the only one that will bless and even I do ardas to them for help at times. But what I'm saying is, if you didn't receive what you wished for, don't be upset with Waheguru too much with the result, maybe there's a diversion coming in your life or it wasn't that you were to pass it because of something else or another opportunity. This time of sadness will pass too, it's normal to feel this way. I read somewhere once, God gives us what we need, not what we desire. I'm still trying to think of how this relates to my life too.  What's done is done now and it can't be reversed. Now you have to think what to do next, what are your other options. But first you should relax take a break and not keep dwelling on what's happened. Think positive that something good is in store in the future. I know this sounds weird, but one hasn't seen their future, you shouldn't predict your present on your future.   
    • Thank you everybody, but I still feel sad, not because I didn't get what I wanted but I feel sad with mahraj ji. what I wanted was to pass a test that ive been trying so hard for, I have done path too especially dedicated to this and ardas and on the day I even took a cyber hukamnama and it was really positive cant remember it exactly, it was something like waheguru ji gives you what you wish for (I just read the translations).... and today I was awake at amrit vela but I didn't get up to do my nitnem I stayed in bed and did simran, I just wanted to show mahraj ji that I am upset with him a little bit, just as I would do to show my mum ...... I don't know if gods feeling anything  or just doesn't care lol
    • there is a lot of iron in dal and beans especially BLACK BEANS   if you want to learn indian cooking  watch Sanjay on VAHREHVAH.COM   ...food always turns out great and he is a bit enthuastic . Recommend watching the following channels to get more info : mic.the Vegan (gives the science papers) John McDougall (Doctor - starch solution) Vegsource (all the plant based docs and info) Vegan style cooking (aussie lady showing various dishes )   Interesting for health topics : Diverse Health Services Dr John Bergman